Away's First Grow - DIY Closet Grow - TopLED Mars II 80x5 - 2014

Away,

I couldn't agree with Joe and Jaamz more. It's a world of difference when you have a digital. For example, tonight was a res change out. My PH before nutes in distilled and tap water was at or above 7.5 for hydro. It needs to be between 5.5 and 6.5. The SME's recommend dropping it down from the high to the low and then back up to your range. After the nutrrients were added it dropped to at or below 4.0. Not good. With the digital I was able to bring it up to 7.1 and then down to 6.0, exactly....

A digital PPM and PH meter is probably the most valuable tool in your chest.

Get a digital meter. How to use it for soil is beyond me...LOL. But I dare no one here not to respond and help you dial that thing in.

Just my 2 cents...

Back to the shadows...LOL.

Renegade

Plus I found out im a bit of a scientist now. I go around measuring the ph of everything.Apple juice, lemon juice,tap water with pur filter on and off. Bath water, bottled water natural spring water... well you get the picture. I even measured the ph in the fishtank. I love it. I love collecting data its so much more fun with my time then say going to facebook and seeing all those cat photos.

Plus I found out im a bit of a scientist now. I go around measuring the ph of everything.Apple juice, lemon juice,tap water with pur filter on and off. Bath water, bottled water natural spring water... well you get the picture. I even measured the ph in the fishtank. I love it. I love collecting data its so much more fun with my time then say going to facebook and seeing all those cat photos.

Now that's just F'n funny Smoker...lol.

But it is good practice because it gets you use to knowing what to look for. Apple juice...LMAO.

Renegade

I think my digital ph meter was $17 at the local indoor growing store. I used to use these crappy little capsules that you would put in a small plastic container with some of the water and soil and then match the color to the chart to get the ph. It was a really shitty system and i felt it wasnt to accurate. With the digital ph meter all you I had to do was put it in 7.01 ph solution to calibrate then adjust a screw inside for the ph to read 7.01 and then put it in 4.01 solution and do the same. It saves me so much time and hassle though.

Yeah all them journals are a lo to keep up with but I dont mind really wish I had time for more but I feel im on this site a lot as it is and unfortunately it is starting to effect my own grow but I try to make the time for everything. Have a good day. I will be around

Thanks for your advice Joe :thumb: i have one of those crappy ones (as you call them :) ) and i agree.. it seems pretty worthless tbh.
i will have to go out and see what i can find.. paycheck tommorow.. :)

Ya i feel the same man... Atleast i read all of the journals im subbed to, but its hard to keep up with commenting all of them frequently..
You have a great day buddy :high-five:
I agree with Joe, get a digital pH meter, the capsule/color chart crap is crap.
as i said above, i kind of agree with you guys, after having it for a couple of weeks..
Thanks for ur comment mate :thumb:

Away,

I couldn't agree with Joe and Jaamz more. It's a world of difference when you have a digital. For example, tonight was a res change out. My PH before nutes in distilled and tap water was at or above 7.5 for hydro. It needs to be between 5.5 and 6.5. The SME's recommend dropping it down from the high to the low and then back up to your range. After the nutrrients were added it dropped to at or below 4.0. Not good. With the digital I was able to bring it up to 7.1 and then down to 6.0, exactly....

A digital PPM and PH meter is probably the most valuable tool in your chest.

Get a digital meter. How to use it for soil is beyond me...LOL. But I dare no one here not to respond and help you dial that thing in.

Just my 2 cents...

Back to the shadows...LOL.

Renegade

Hey Renegade man, thanks for your point of view :high-five:
I have come to understand the importance of this, but as the journal states im a broke ass. :)
So i'll have to get out there and see what i can find for a reasonable price.. What i've found online costs as much as my damn lights :rollingeyes:
Anyway, a good day to you bro :Namaste:

Haha, that sounds like alot of fun :)
I agree on the facebook part. Facebook is such a drag man, all i ever do is look through the startpage and repeat a few times, then log off again..

Enjoy your thursday everybody, i've got my paycheck tommorow, and probably an update coming for you. :high-five::Namaste:

Thanks for your advice Joe :thumb: i have one of those crappy ones (as you call them :) ) and i agree.. it seems pretty worthless tbh.
i will have to go out and see what i can find.. paycheck tommorow.. :)

Ya i feel the same man... Atleast i read all of the journals im subbed to, but its hard to keep up with commenting all of them frequently..
You have a great day buddy :high-five:

as i said above, i kind of agree with you guys, after having it for a couple of weeks..
Thanks for ur comment mate :thumb:

Hey Renegade man, thanks for your point of view :high-five:
I have come to understand the importance of this, but as the journal states im a broke ass. :)
So i'll have to get out there and see what i can find for a reasonable price.. What i've found online costs as much as my damn lights :rollingeyes:
Anyway, a good day to you bro :Namaste:

Haha, that sounds like alot of fun :)
I agree on the facebook part. Facebook is such a drag man, all i ever do is look through the startpage and repeat a few times, then log off again..

Enjoy your thursday everybody, i've got my paycheck tommorow, and probably an update coming for you. :high-five::Namaste:

Away,

Check out Amazon. I got both my meters there and I don't think I paid more then $20 not sure but had to be in that range cause I'm a cheap azz...lol.

Renegade

What a bummer Away.

So heres a little update guys..

I've started noticing some yellowing fan leaves.. 3-4 leaves started yellowing.. one is curling upwards in a cupshape, another is curling downwards. On one of the leaves the yellowing started on the tip, while on a couple others it started on the middle of the leaves.
I'm only giving them water as i still havent recieved my fertilisers so.. yeah.
Yellowing started at random spots on the plant, not from the bottom, not from the top.. both. Any ideas whats going on guys?

IMG_138117.JPG

IMG_138215.JPG

IMG_138812.JPG

IMG_138516.JPG

IMG_138411.JPG

IMG_138315.JPG

Here's some pictures of the healthiest of the bagseeds (this one has been transplanted) also got yellowing leaves, starting from the bottom of the plant.. looks like overwatering??

IMG_138614.JPG

IMG_13879.JPG

As for my computer, it SUCKS!
I probably wont have the money to buy new PSU this month, so im gonna have to use my girlfriends, when she'll allow it :bitingnails:
Hope you're all alright, enjoy your sunday's and take care :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom