Away's First Grow - DIY Closet Grow - TopLED Mars II 80x5 - 2014

That sound's like a plan and should help.If not,it will X a few "could be's " off the list.
I am going to go do the same,as soon as I can pry my self away from here.:thumb:

It deffinately will, which feels good since i havent been able to do much else!
Hehe i simply had to remove the mylar right away - It's already gone LOL!

the transplant will be tommorow though, right now is :lot-o-toke: - time

That was quick fast & away Away...

Seems you guys figured it out already, little late to the show! I went back a couple pages also, looks like you need some nutrients. It looks to me that all your older leaves are the ones that are losing their coloration, this leads me to believe your plant is using its own stored nutes to keep the new growth going. I am with the other thinking the light might be a little bright also, I have noticed that upward and downward curl/crunchiness when my HID was a tad too close.

I would assume a transplant into some new soil will steer you in the right direction, Away! Best of luck :thumb:

Seems you guys figured it out already, little late to the show! I went back a couple pages also, looks like you need some nutrients. It looks to me that all your older leaves are the ones that are losing their coloration, this leads me to believe your plant is using its own stored nutes to keep the new growth going. I am with the other thinking the light might be a little bright also, I have noticed that upward and downward curl/crunchiness when my HID was a tad too close.

I would assume a transplant into some new soil will steer you in the right direction, Away! Best of luck :thumb:

Welcome to my journal CA, glad to have you here!
The nutrients should be in the mail by now. The transplant is happening tommorow. And the Mylar has been removed.
Since i can't get the lights any higher, i think i've done what i can so far.. I hope you are right on the leaf part. By the way do you have any idea when i should remove the fan leaves that are dying?
Also when is a good time to lollipop so i can get more light to the budsites?
Thank you, and thanks for your input, i appreciate it! :Namaste:

Welcome to my journal CA, glad to have you here!
The nutrients should be in the mail by now. The transplant is happening tommorow. And the Mylar has been removed.
Since i can't get the lights any higher, i think i've done what i can so far.. I hope you are right on the leaf part. By the way do you have any idea when i should remove the fan leaves that are dying?
Also when is a good time to lollipop so i can get more light to the budsites?
Thank you, and thanks for your input, i appreciate it! :Namaste:

IMO, I like to let the leaves die off naturally and let the plant suck up all the nutrients it can. There is a point though where you will make that decision and say, you know what, that leaf is a little too far gone. In that case it can be plucked. I really try my best on tucking the fan leaves underneath tops to promote better light coverage without stressing the plant. Although, plucking leaves here and there is no big-E and can be done at your leisure. I just like to let them run their course!

For lollipoping, I feel this is better to be done a couple weeks prior to flower. The less stress the plant experiences the faster and more growth you are going to get through its veg process. So lollipoping too soon I would feel would just be slowing down the plant. if veg time isn't an issue, then completely bending, topping, fimming, super cropping shouldn't be an issue if you are willing to wait the plant out and let her grow nice and strong :) just my opinion on a couple things Away, you are doing great :thumb:

I think the problem might be nutrient/PH releated, but I am not 100% sure either. I would suggest getting some distilled water, make sure the ph is around 6.2 or so, flush your soil so that you get a bunch of run off. This will help wash out the soil if their is too many salts building up. After the flush, have a nice compost tea brewing, and hit them with the compost tea. This will help to bump up the soil microlife and should help correct your soil back to where it should be.

Also a transplant would definitely be a good idea as that plant looks like it could use a larger home :) Hope this helps ya out!

Another way to help correct nutrient issues is to give them a foliar spay of distilled or R/O water with some epsom Salts. This is kind of like a "reset button" for the plants and will help it regain health again.

I honestly don't think it is light burn because I have my Mars II about 12" from my plants with no issues .

IMO, I like to let the leaves die off naturally and let the plant suck up all the nutrients it can. There is a point though where you will make that decision and say, you know what, that leaf is a little too far gone. In that case it can be plucked. I really try my best on tucking the fan leaves underneath tops to promote better light coverage without stressing the plant. Although, plucking leaves here and there is no big-E and can be done at your leisure. I just like to let them run their course!

For lollipoping, I feel this is better to be done a couple weeks prior to flower. The less stress the plant experiences the faster and more growth you are going to get through its veg process. So lollipoping too soon I would feel would just be slowing down the plant. if veg time isn't an issue, then completely bending, topping, fimming, super cropping shouldn't be an issue if you are willing to wait the plant out and let her grow nice and strong :) just my opinion on a couple things Away, you are doing great :thumb:

I guess, in my position right now, it would be better to leave them all on there, till i've got more control. Possibly tuck what needs tucking, and then clearing out a week before i make the switch. :high-five:
Very informative comment for me, thanks for that mate :high-five:
I feel in very good hands, having you all around! :thanks:

Well looks like I didnt even need to come back. Looks like you have a wide range of answers to choose from.

looks like calcium and or mag shortage, may need a little nitrogen, also the ph might be off, i would flush with a very weak nutrient solution if your using reg nutes, then water with 1/2 strength nutes
and some calmag at least thats what i think

Heres those pictures you asked for guys..

IMG_139313.JPG

IMG_139413.JPG

IMG_139514.JPG

IMG_139616.JPG

IMG_139716.JPG

and KJC has a recipe to make clearex type solution somewhere
I know he posted it in my journal a month or 2 back
Happy Tokerday Away :thumb:

"Here's" the link to the post Cronic mentioned.

Here is a personal example of magnesium deficiency that resulted in nute lock , the result was stunted plants that took 5 times longer to recover , I scrapped these plants they were too stressed out. Your plants can recover by doing one simple thing , add a teaspoon of epsom salt to 1/2-1 gallon of water and feed like normal. You got a tiny bit of nute lock that will correct itself after one dose and then after maybe introduce some mild nitrogen too they could use a small dose. If your ph is less than 6.5 or more than 7.2 you might find the problem still will exist till you adjust your ph with calmag or somethin.

Rosebud_Female_6_weeks.jpg
Rosebud_Male.jpg

Well looks like I didnt even need to come back. Looks like you have a wide range of answers to choose from.

hehe you're right, so many helpfull answers! I've crossed a few x's on my list, but still need to try epsom salt.. but i appreciate your answers as much as the rest bro :thumb:

looks like calcium and or mag shortage, may need a little nitrogen, also the ph might be off, i would flush with a very weak nutrient solution if your using reg nutes, then water with 1/2 strength nutes
and some calmag at least thats what i think

Thanks for the input man, i am getting some epsom salt to try with the nutes, hope it helps! :thumb:

and KJC has a recipe to make clearex type solution somewhere
I know he posted it in my journal a month or 2 back
Happy Tokerday Away :thumb:

Thanks guy's i've written down the recipe (from that thread) and keep it in my notes.. hopefully epsom salt will work though!
Happy Tokerday! :thumb:
"Here's" the link to the post Cronic mentioned.

^refer to my response to chronic :high-five:

Looks like it got either a little burned from lights or a heat source or the plant went without water a little too long and is recovering now.

Here is a personal example of magnesium deficiency that resulted in nute lock , the result was stunted plants that took 5 times longer to recover , I scrapped these plants they were too stressed out. Your plants can recover by doing one simple thing , add a teaspoon of epsom salt to 1/2-1 gallon of water and feed like normal. You got a tiny bit of nute lock that will correct itself after one dose and then after maybe introduce some mild nitrogen too they could use a small dose. If your ph is less than 6.5 or more than 7.2 you might find the problem still will exist till you adjust your ph with calmag or somethin.

Rosebud_Female_6_weeks.jpg
Rosebud_Male.jpg

Hey Rosebud, thanks for popping in!
i'm going to invest in some epsom salt, and do exactly what you said when i recieve my nutes and the salt. :high-five:
I dont think the leaves look too bad on those pictures though?
anyway appreciate the help! :thanks:

Well, yeah i've transplanted her today into an 11 Liters pot, with some additional new soil, hopefully it will help alittle bit on the problem.
I'm going to look into where i can buy epsom salt, and go get some as fast as possible. Then i'll use it with the first feed hopefully. :thumb:
Appreciate all your comments guys, every input is interresting to read! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom