Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Radogast,
I meant to tell you also...to check your door seal for leaks close the door and use a folded piece of paper or something thin (remember the little gauges we used to test spark plugs with? Those would work) to run along the seal and the freezer all the way around. It should not go through anywhere. If the seal is warped or cracked it is letting the cold out. I think you can buy the sealer stuff at Lowes or Home depot. I have an old freezer downstairs that I had to replace about 5 feet of seal on. :skeptical:

:circle-of-love:

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

And, am I the only person in the world can poke myself in the eye with a cannabis leaf while checking for pistils?
:rofl:

Actually, I thought that was me. :rofl:

Great info on the pistil differences Canna. I'm going to pull up some of my update pics and take a look see.

:cheer: Afghan Kush clone has rooted. I was kind of worried that I cut this too small. Yey! This one will go under the Smart grow light when planted. Lots of room under there.

Clone_Afghan_K_1.jpg

looking awlsome

Actually, I thought that was me. :rofl:

Great info on the pistil differences Canna. I'm going to pull up some of my update pics and take a look see.

Keep in mind that's just my opinion on what I've seen.

I'm going to get some close ups as soon as this is certain on the plant. Based on what I see today it should only be a couple days for there to be no doubts.

I'll hush up now. :laughtwo:

Keep in mind that's just my opinion on what I've seen.

I'm going to get some close ups as soon as this is certain on the plant. Based on what I see today it should only be a couple days for there to be no doubts.

I'll hush up now. :laughtwo:

Just as an exercise Canna, how would you interpret this? Check upper and lower lobes. I'm just interested in a quick judgement. It's more a mental exercise and I'm training myself, using you as my impromptu instructor. You don't mind, I'm sure. :laughtwo:

image31924.jpg

Just as an exercise Canna, how would you interpret this? Check upper and lower lobes. I'm just interested in a quick judgement. It's more a mental exercise and I'm training myself, using you as my impromptu instructor. You don't mind, I'm sure. :laughtwo:

LOL Sue, quick judgement here is that I can't see it close enough to know. What I am seeing on my plant takes a loupe to see at all. ;-)
My first impression is new shoots. I could be totally wrong, but it's very hard to see what's there.

What are your own first impressions?

Edit: I just enlarged it in my photo program and it almost looks like it is stacked on the lower node. It's too pixellated to tell for sure.
Is that a male plant?

Here is a perfect example of what I'm talking about on the shape of the male vs. female early signs. In the female picture notice how it is elegantly curved outward to a nice point and sort of centered on the crook. The male is off center and juts outward, they appear rounder than the female parts:

THC Bomb & WW/Skunk - CFL Hood/Veg HPS/Flower

The female part does not have the same structure as the male, the male part will have 4 leaves (which is what I meant by the flow lines) that open up when the pollen sac is ready.

I hope this plant proves me wrong, I don't want to lose any more plants from that screen house. :laughtwo:

This is the best I can do with the loupe and not having a tripod in there.

I'll take one close up pic each day of this node of the plant so we can watch it progress into whatever it does. I see a ball shape in the fuzziest picture, and the parts are sideways instead of standing upright:

male_possible_3.jpg

male_possible_4.jpg

Thank you so much for sharing that link Canna. That will be enormously helpful. I'll get a closer look tomorrow. I'm hoping this one is a female. It was the only one of five seeds that germinated (a hobby grower bred them) and I really wanted to try the smoke. You asked that and my heart skipped a beat! :laughtwo: My initial impression was female, but I'm new to the dance and don't yet know all the steps.

Thank you so much for sharing that link Canna. That will be enormously helpful. I'll get a closer look tomorrow. I'm hoping this one is a female. It was the only one of five seeds that germinated (a hobby grower bred them) and I really wanted to try the smoke. You asked that and my heart skipped a beat! :laughtwo: My initial impression was female, but I'm new to the dance and don't yet know all the steps.

I'm not exactly a seasoned vet at this either. LOL I just observe the lil' bitty things that happen as they grow.
I sure hope yours turns out girly, that would be a shame to lose the one chance at it.
How many weeks is the plant?

Early Sexing Cannabis plants:

Sexing_Plants.jpg

Sexing_Plants_2.jpg

There is zero doubt that the MK x WW is male. The above are pictures of the early progress between that one and the THC bomb which is now showing very tiny pistils that I could get a shot of. The two of them are in the same time frame on the stages.

Question:

How many of you have had your male plants of the same strain show before the females?

I'm doing a little study here. ;-)

Somewhat a little late since I wasn't 420ing over the holiday weekend but I'm with the rest of the gang. Not so much with the same strains but in general, in our Perpetual Grow after flipping the boys always seem to reveal their sex before the girls do.

The Garage grow is starting to take on a life of it's own Partner.

McD's

Somewhat a little late since I wasn't 420ing over the holiday weekend but I'm with the rest of the gang. Not so much with the same strains but in general, in our Perpetual Grow after flipping the boys always seem to reveal their sex before the girls do.

The Garage grow is starting to take on a life of it's own Partner.

McD's

Thanks Partner, and I hope you had fun over the weekend! I took the opportunity for overtime Sunday and Monday (Monday being triple time pay. Woo Hoo!)

Garage grow is making me very happy so far. I think I may have got some luck on the MK x WW in there. I see a very tiny pistil starting on it already. I had to look several times, but I'm sure I'm not just seeing a hope. LOL
That is going to be a gorgeous plant. :)

I'm going to be testing out the heater in there next week, the temps are supposed to drop night time to the upper 40's/low 50's.
Yuk

Lest we ever forget that Chit happens, I may have a 2nd top gal to rescue.

WW x MK Before, after doing some tie downs:

mkww_broke_1.jpg

An hour later, I went into the grow and saw one of the main tops had broken. Not completely, but hanging by a thin skin.
I propped it up and lightly wrapped it with some wet root plugs to keep the break moist so the ends wouldn't dry out. I will know tomorrow morning if it survived. If it droops even more I will cut it and try to root:

mkww_broke_2.jpg

Those are good looking outdoor plants, Canna :thumb:

I checked on the broken top when I returned from work and it was definitely not going to survive an attempted repair. It was pretty near dead, I cut the dead part of the stem off and put it in water. It recovered within a few hours. I trimmed it up and it is now in a root plug to see if I can get some roots:

top_gal_2.jpg

So, while I was in the garage grow I spotted a lower leaf on one of the plants that looked pretty bad:

inchworm_3.jpg

Closer inspection, thinking I had spider mites, showed tiny worm castings and a small silk web.

inchworm_4.jpg

I searched with that loupe for a long time and finally found this less than 1/2" long inchworm. The amount of damage to one leaf for that little bugger was incredible:
The first picture shows the critter, but I did not see it at the time. ;-)

inchworm_6.jpg

{{sigh}} the critters will never end.

I hate spider mites :yikes: Why can't that worm eat them instead of the poor little leaf!! :straightface:

I made this organic spray that is suppose to be safe to use even in flower and it didn't leave any damage on the plant so guess it's safe.

Here's how it goes:
Chopped up around 5 big and very spicy peppers (were the green long type, don't know english name) plus some green peppercorn, mixed with around 500ml of water and almost brought it to a boiling point while stirring this concoction (didn't boil the thing). After it cooled off (with a plate cover for infusion purposes) I strained it and put it in my sprayer and applied a good ocd amount everywhere. Have I mentioned I hate spider mites!?!?... :hmmmm:

Well don't know how good it did, but haven't seen anymore damaged leafs, so think it worked. Guess can't hurt to try since it's not gonna cause any damage to the plant.

Hope it helps in any way!

Back
Top Bottom