Caramelicious In NorCal

Day 31 since dropping seeds in water for germination.
0398Small.jpg

We made some more purchases today, another 600w hps, reflector, ballast and linking hardware for the motorized track. Of course the store didn't have everything in stock, but it should only take a few days.
0402Small.jpg

Meanwhile, our babies are thriving.
0403Small.jpg

It's hard to get a picture that shows them all, they are in a small closet for now. There are 23 total.
0405Small.jpg

After we move them out into the main room it will be easier to take pics.
0409Small.jpg

Thanks pan4gold49. You wouldn't be in my neck of the woods would you, Northern California?

Thanks for stopping by Ms.Fox, always an honor. Miss Daisy 2 is looking real nice.

Thanks pan4gold49. You wouldn't be in my neck of the woods would you, Northern California?

Thanks for stopping by Ms.Fox, always an honor. Miss Daisy 2 is looking real nice.

No wish I was though too many Mormons here where I'm at. LOL
Your garden is looking very good.:smokin:

Pan4

We are beginning to outgrow our closet.
0424Small.jpg

There's a little pushing and shoving going on as they are competing for space.
0425Small.jpg

We decided to give them a little more room to spread out.
0441Small.jpg

We're still waiting on one light, it's on backorder don't you know. We should be ok for a minute, until we transplant again.
0437Small.jpg

The plant in the very front looks like a bit of Mg deficiency.

Yeah, not sure why that would be, we've been really careful to give them each the exact same treatment. It initially was in a corner position and we thought maybe it wasn't getting enough light. We repositioned it to where it got a bit more light. It looks a little better now. Of course, they are all under the hps now. I will try to post another pic of it tomorrow.

Well, we have two problem children that we're hoping you guys/gals might have some thoughts about.
The first is the one that McBudz thinks might be Mg deficiency. That could very well be, but it's odd that it's the only one, since all receive equal treatment. It seems healthy except for the odd coloring. See what you think.
0443Small.jpg

The next problem child is one of the freebie seeds from the seed bank. It seems to stress very easilly and is slow to rebound. It got a bit dry on us, as did a couple of the others, but watering didn't seem to snap it out of it. The others responded nicely, it's just that this one seems a little bit delicate. It went through a spell once before too, but eventually came out of it. Maybe it's just sensitive like my first wife was. She didn't handle stress very well either and took quite a bit of coaxing before she brightened up again. Take a look and see what you think.
0445Small.jpg

Everything else seems to be doing great. We are going to start a light nutrient program tomorrow. We transplanted 9 days ago and the soil (Patio Plus) had a variety of nutes built in, so we haven't fertilized since transplanting. Your thoughts?
Here's the crop. (Remember, the light is on a motorized track, so if it looks like some aren't quite in the light, they will be in a few seconds.)
0448Small.jpg

P.S. The second light and ballast arrived, we are just waiting on the linking hardware, so it tracks in tandom with the other light. It's supposed to be in next week.

swampgas, glad to be on board for the train ride here. Some good vision research and thought went into to your room & system. They are looking healthy.
When are you turning back the lights?
And how big are the containers 3-5 gallon? They appear to be smaller looking from way over here.

Good job

swampgas, glad to be on board for the train ride here. Some good vision research and thought went into to your room & system. They are looking very healthy.
When are you turning back the lights?
Thanks Cherma,
Since we have the room, we are going for a longer veg period, hoping for a larger yield. We've discussed topping at 1' and flowering a 2-3'. Your thoughts?
Also, did you see our problem children? Would appreciate your thoughts on that as well. Thanks.

And how big are the containers 3-5 gallon? They appear to be smaller looking from way over here.

Good job

We moved them into these intermediate pots about 9 days ago. They are ready for transplant again any time and we will be putting them in 5 gal pots. We are trying to wait until the other lights are mounted before transplanting. Obviously, they will take up more room when transplanted.

In time frame of Veg cycles at 30 days? I am one to prefer topping at the 3rd-4th node and maintaing a consistant canopy height, thru the grow cycle. When the other light comes in spread out the ones to allow more light inside. I noticed some minor yellowing in one problem child, but not major, sometimes not all plants that are genetically from the same stock perform as well as their sisters. Start feeding a little.
You will definately need or require 5 gallon containers going that far on these. Good open Root space promotes healthier, bigger plants.

Back
Top Bottom