Caramelicious In NorCal

Swampgas, great job on the re pot to 5 gal containers. May I ask how the root devolpment was in the old containers? Were they full on roots?
The plants look very healthy, uniform and developing and filling out nicely.
How's the intake and exhaust working?
Soil: what did you use in transplanting these to larger containers?
Fertilizers Veg: What were you planing on using?

Your grow may make me think of give'n Amsterdam an other buy.

This was my first and only buy from Amsterdam. No complaints so far. All 10 Caramelicious sprouted and are doing well. 13 of the 20 freebies came up and are doing well, with the exception of two that are a little fussy, but doing well none the less.

Swampgas, great job on the re pot to 5 gal containers.
Thanks Cherma

May I ask how the root devolpment was in the old containers? Were they full on roots?
A couple were a little bit rooty, but not rootbound, just good root developement. I thought about taking a few photos during transplant, but I was up to my elbows in wet potting soil and didn't really want to handle my camera.

How's the intake and exhaust working?
We have a passive intake, with an Eclipse inline exhaust Fan 6"/630cfm, ducted through the attic. There is good air exchange, the challenge is keeping co2 levels high. The propane heater is working pretty well (1,000ppm co2), but we are exploring other options.

Soil: what did you use in transplanting these to larger containers?
We used Kellogg Patio Plus. It is all natural and full of organic nutrients, plus it has perlite and best of all it's less than $5 bucks a bag for 1.5 Cubic Feet.

Fertilizers Veg: What were you planing on using?
We are going to let them settle into the new soil for a bit and then we will be using Earth Juice 2/1/1 with every watering and a bump of SeaMaxx 16/16/16 about every 4th watering. That's the plan anyway.

Cherma, if you're out there, I could use your help here. Or, anyone else who might have some ideas. We have a few plants that don't seem to be doing as well as the others. The general consensus is that the lights were a little too close to the plants (8" in some cases). We've raised the lights and hope that makes a difference, but I'm thinking we have other problems as well.

We have a few plants that are affected in this manor. Leaves curling under and in some cases the leaves are folding down lengthwise. This is the problem that we are hoping will go away by raising the lights.
0484Small.jpg

This particular plant began yellowing a week or so before transplant. McBudz thinks it's a Mg deficiency.
0486Small.jpg

The tips are yellowing on this plant. Lacking nitrogen maybe?
0495Small.jpg

The new growth seem to be a little yellowish here. Lacking nitrogen maybe?
0499Small.jpg

For the most part, they seem healthy and happy. It's only been two days since transplant and we are hoping that the nutrients in the new soil will fix any deficiencies.
0496Small.jpg

Sorry Swampgas was out like a light last night. My regular work demands that sometimes I am on 24/7 weeks on end. Sometimes it is down time, weeks / months on end.

(8" in some cases).
Yes, lamps were too low on the plants Swampgas. I am old school as was taught,to have bottom of hood at 16-20" above canopy. My plants do not stretch, but are not as compact as others, and never have burned one yet.

As far as the slight yellowing, give it a few days may be a little "N" deficiancy. As you said, give the new soils some time so the plants can re adjust to their new environment.

The curling can be attributed to closeness to lamps proximaty.

All in all they look healthy & are taking a new growth spurt in their new homes.

The curling can be attributed to closeness to lamps proximaty.
All in all they look healthy & are taking a new growth spurt in their new homes.

I appreciate you so much Cherma. Thank you for getting back to me. Somehow I was under the impression that light proximity was a good thing, as long as moderate temps were maintained. I may raise the lamps even higher tomorrow.

The emotional attachment outweighs the investment. I just don't want anything bad to happen to the 'little ones'. I'm sure you understand.

Thanks again Cherma,

swampgas

that last pic on the last page just makes me giddy haha -- your set up is kickin butt i cant wait to see them in acouple months --- very nice job

That is the beauty of the cannabis plant, the love we give them and the love they give back, it just keeps on giving.
I'd wonder if you didn't worry about them swampgas. They have a well built home to thrive in, that you created for them. That's family you taking care of:smokin:

Your garden is lookin' good! Keep on truckin'!

Peace and good growing:rollit:

We raised the lights quite a bit and they are doing much better, we're also getting better light coverage because of it. Thanks go out to Cherma and everyone else who contributed on that one.

We topped some and fimmed the rest today, about 50/50. Wanted to see which method works best for us. I know we're topping at a later stage than most of you prefer to do it, so we'll see how that works out.

That's a propane heater in the middle of the plants, it's providing c02.
0503Small.jpg

0500Small.jpg

0502Small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom