Chinnubie's 2nd Shot at 2 Fem Purple Kush

Alright, here we go again. Another attempt at the Purple Kush Strain from CropKing Seeds. This time I feel more confident and our plan is to grow them straight up with no topping, but I'm going to try to implore some LST if possible to open up as many nodes as I can. I would like to flower after 4 weeks to get buds in roughly 90 days. If an additional week is needed then so be it, but I need to get a surplus built up in order to keep from buying/paying street price. The light leak on the last grow really hurt in terms of quantity, the quality smoke report will be coming hopefully this weekend. I have tried a couple preliminary buds, because my son has a hard time waiting for the drying process, and the early report would be an energetic bouncy buzz which probably has something to do with the leak because PK is supposed to be more Indica than Sativa, but here again, the leak could have brought the Sativa side out. I'll wait for the official report and let everyone know after this weekend.

Took some quick pics of the closet and have decided to get the seedlings up with the CFL's we have then switch to HPS. Just made it a little easier for the CFL's, because the HPS housing was getting in the way. I'll need to address that issue when I switch over to HPS, but I wanted to get them up and going. I'll post as soon as they pop up. Does anyone know if you can buy those fan filter covers? My original got really dirty and I tried to clean it, but don't think I can get it like new. I'll give Temps and RH when the days become regular, going to run lights at 18/6, off at midnight on at 6 a.m. CO2 might be a consideration but opening the door seems to do the trick. If I were going to be away for an extended period of time I would set something up to get them CO2, but that isn't going to happen. Any suggestions/comments are more than welcome. Please feel free to point out any inconsistency or potential problem that I might miss. Got the electric hung up this time around, before I just had the cords laying next to the pots, so had to be real careful watering and now that's not an issue. Here's a couple of pics of the new and improved closet along with the pots and soon to be 2 female PK plants.

2014-07-01_13_46_41.jpg

2014-07-01_14_11_12.jpg

2014-07-01_14_11_03.jpg

2014-07-01_14_10_48.jpg

Happy growing all, I'm gone!

Very nice Chinnubie, you probably doubled your reflection value by switching to Mylar over the tin foil. Looking forward to sprouts!!!!!!!
:goodjob: :bravo: :high-five: :Namaste: :peace: :thumb: :cheer:

Hopefully, Friday Saturday latest. Going to try to keep them nice and stout with the CFL's then let the HPS lights take over after roughly a week. Gonna play this by ear, because if they are going gangbusters with the CFL's I may wait longer, so I'll have to wait and see. I'm getting a little bit ahead of myself, they haven't even popped up yet.

I'm really gearing up for this grow, mainly to see the Growology nutes in action from bean to flower. Also, I may have not put in the original explanation of what was happening. On top of the ProMix at 60% Perlite20% Vermiculite 20% I added 1/3 cup to each bucket/pot of Step One Growology. Today at 3 p.m. beans will be 24 hrs in medium. Last time they popped between 48-72 hours, so I'm hoping for the same time frame. Gonna go :rollit: and continue to check on the beans. Thanks for coming by, all comments and suggestions are welcome.

Well happy freaking day, a fresh new feminized PK seedling has busted through the medium. I mean it must have popped this morning. The other pot hasn't blessed us with my 2nd feminized PK seedling but there is already a screw-up. The wife unknowingly put her hand in the medium with a seed freshly planted. She says she didn't interrupt the wet part of the ProMix, but we'll see how much deeper or how far it may have been moved. Meaning it might take a couple of extra days to get above ground. I think I'm naming PK #1 in HD Bucket: Laverne and when number two shows her head, you'll know what's coming next, Shirley. This way I will be able to talk about the plants individually and everyone will know which one I'm referring to during whatever topic is being discussed. Laverne being the leader of the pair, came up first, so Laverne and Shirley. I was actually able to get a pic of the seed shell still attached on top of the root.

2014-07-03_09_01_20.jpg

2014-07-03_09_01_33.jpg

Wanted to get these in there, showing the end of one and the beginning of another.

2014-07-03_09_03_45.jpg

2014-07-03_09_04_29.jpg

This is the last of what's hanging. Might get a hanging bud basket for the next one.

2014-07-03_09_04_17.jpg

Hope everyone's having as good a day as me even though I have to go to work later today, things couldn't be better. My wife just landed a great job with one of the big blue chip companies. She's gonna be in their customer service division, no they didn't move it overseas. Big pay bump plus a great benefits package.

:woohoo:

I'm burping & shaking them up every so often and leaving the lid open for a little while at a time. They are really airy buds so they have dried quickly, there isn't much moisture left. Tamir, she was apologizing all night after that happened, but I'm pretty sure there wasn't any real damage. Worse case scenario, the seed was driven down a little further making it take a little longer to reach the surface. Hope to see Shirley tomorrow or Saturday.

Thanks, Dude. Funny, my youngest chihuahua is terrified of the hanging buds left in the box that still need to dry a little bit more. He's been holding his head real low when he walks by it. Oh well, love my goofy chihuahuas they are the best alarm, letting me know when someone's around the apartment. Really looking forward to the new crop, NO light leaks this time, plus the Growology nutes, I'm pumped! I guess we'll have plants coming up not to far from each other. Then again, a couple of weeks with cannabis can be a long time.

Man I thought about the trolley thing too, wow sometimes I think you people are actually watching me. Rad have you been to the Midwest lately? You gonna pop up from behind my couch? Remember that song, "Somebodies watching me" I think that was the title? From 90's pop music scene? Ha Ha. Thanks for the link I'll go sub to it. I've seen Spimps posts over on Denise's thread, but I didn't know what he had going.

Laverne is beginning to lift herself up but that damn seed shell is still stuck to her. I have a bit of a theory here, you guys tell me what you think? The shallow planted seed seems to pop up with the shell still attached, but a little bit deeper planted seed is able to shed the shell while making its way up to the top? We'll see what happens because Shirley has still not made it up.

One of my little dogs ate a small chunk of bud, he seems fine, not acting goofy or anything. This happened about 30 minutes ago so we'll see what happens. It was an accident. I did not feed it to him.

Before I forget, Happy 4th 420Mag Community!! I have to work from 3 today until 7 tomorrow morning, so the upshot is I get to see 3 different firework displays. Same thing happened last year, so I'm getting overtime and holiday pay and I need the money, taxes to pay on new vehicle, ugh!!

:tokin: This will be me later tonight at work.

My smaller plant popped through the soil with a seed cap on, too. After a day or two I knocked it off with a tiny screwdriver.

Too bad you have to work tonight, Chin. At least the $$ makes it worth while.

Chin if your shell is still stuck on her take a spray bottle and gently spray her and it will help it come off and yes most likely the one planted deeper will be hatless and I usually germinate my girls then put them in medium but if you plant the germinated seeds upside down they will knock it off when they turn around to pop the medium but one way or the other it will come off...Happy 4th of July to you and yours....:circle-of-love:

:bigtoke:

How do Chinnubie?
I just had a girl That wouldn't take her clothes off too. :geek:
be careful when removing the hull, sometimes there is a film that will still encapsulate the cotyledons and it can be hard to see. If that 'come off, she wont open properly and you can damage it considerably. When the hull is off, if she doesn't start to spread, I'd bet you still have that film of her.

I've been misting the shell and keeping the medium moist, Shirley still hasn't come up. Laverne popped up in 36 hours hope Shirley's just being a little shy. I've had this shell problem before and they came off after a couple of days.

Spimp, welcome and thanks for sitting in.

Back
Top Bottom