Chinnubie's 2nd Shot at 2 Fem Purple Kush

Thanks, I've asked this on a couple of other journals, but if I were to put these into flower after 1 week in veg how would use the Growology nutes? I was thinking to give step 2 for about 3 weeks until pistils begin showing, then switch over to step 3 until the flush? What do you guys think? Should this only be attempted in soil? I was going to flower after 4 weeks so I was thinking it might save a little time, then again, roughly a zip per plant may not be worth the 3 weeks it saves, especially since I have the light and the room. Wow, me saying I have enough space is almost ridiculous. I should stop and think before I spew my words all over journals and waste people's time listening to me ramble. I'm gone to smoke a spliff.....Happy growing people, sorry for the mindless rambling. :)

What's your favorite smoking utensil? I enjoy the :rollit: style to smoke, but some may prefer to use :bong:

I like the ease of doobies plus I think I can get a better taste than any other way. Your thoughts??

I'm a :bigtoke: guy myself. But also a glass pipe if I'm day time smoking.

I would do just what you suggested. Step 2 for first few weeks of stretch/flower, then switch to step 3. Here is a link that may make you reconsider a short veg though...

HOW VEGETATIVE GROWTH AFFECTS YIELD

TheCapn grows "Capn style" hydro, but the benefits of longer veg times is true in soil as well. This is one of the reason's I am trying to veg for about 2 months on my BK's. But I also understand wanting to see some flowers. :)

Yeah, that's the thing I just harvested two plants basically and want to avoid paying for bud on the street. I realize now that the yield won't make up the time difference in other words it won't benefit me in the long run. It'll be worth the extra 3 weeks or so to wait. Also, I want to give the Growology a real good chance to do its stuff and it's my understanding the process was thought up with a bit of understanding of some vegetative time to get them to their fullest potential. I write before I think and it shows doesn't it? I guess it's my way of figuring things out.

On another note with the 1st grow I was able to weigh what's left and I'm sitting on 3 zips after smoking at least a 1/2 zip so the whole grow came to roughly 3.5 ozs. Actually a lot better than I originally thought, also KJC was on the money about the buds curing removing the grassy taste and giving off a strong smell in the big glass jar. Again, it's not the best weed I've had but certainly not anywhere close to the worst. I'd go C, to C+ on an A-F type scale. I'd like to get this current batch in the A range, B+ at worst.

I would also give your plants a longer vegetative growth time then 3 weeks, cannabis usually except for auto flower cannabis plants will take 8+ weeks of vegetative growth before the plants show female pre flowers and signs of sexual maturity.

I would love to King but 4-5 weeks veg is all I can afford because I need flowers but don't have the space to be perpetual. I know I'm probably fighting a losing battle and until the space becomes available I have to rotate harvested plants out and new ones in so I can turn about every 4 months or so. I saw b.real's journal where he started 2 plants one from seed in 12/12 and a 1 week veg for the other then 12/12 and the buds were amazing. He later put me back on earth when I found out he garnered roughly a zip per plant making me realize the time difference in savings wasn't worth it. Like I said in the previous post it's my way of working things out, I guess. Fortunately, I'm learning to be patient, but it's tough for me sometimes.

Took some new pics of the girls and can anyone tell me if they think these could be different strains? CropKing told me all 6 of my seeds were PK feminized, but Laverne has skinny little leaves with a red stem I mean RED, and Shirley has fat little leaves with a normal white stem. What's going on any comments would be welcome. Here are the pics:

Laverene
2014-07-10_07_33_53.jpg

Shirley
2014-07-10_07_34_03.jpg

Can't get the camera to focus properly to get really detailed pics. It is a 6 megapixel Sony I use to keep pics off my phone. They'll get better as the plants get larger.

I've seen that happen before. The babies are very temptermental at this point. They all start off different and as they get older the strain related characteristics start to show. I wouldn't worry this early in their life. They look healthy tho. Keep it up

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought Tamir, but it's funny how they have those quirky idiosyncrasies. I suppose it's why I enjoy these plants so much, "like a box of chocolates, ya never know what your gonna get!" He He, one of my favorite movies.

Tomorrow will be 7 days since they appeared above the medium and their tiny little 2nd set of leaves are starting to come in. I was wondering how long it would take to get to 2nd and 3rd nodes? I need to keep reminding myself they're plants not machines that do predictable things. I'm getting a little better but it's tough. :Namaste:

:rollit: :popcorn:

Think of early growth like a math equation...

Roots need to = Canopy. The first week is all about your girl getting them roots growing.

Then, once your fan leaves start growing, the growth is exponential. At one node there are 2 leaves absorbing light. At 2 nodes, 4. So once she starts having foliage, the amount of light she can absorb increases, and she grows even more. I'm at 18 days and have 4 and 5 nodes. The second and third weeks you should see much more growth.

Be patient Chinnubie-san. :Namaste:

Chin, you have a 2'x'3'x8' space. You want to use that space to maximum advantage. That is going to be how you grow the most grams per day. A short veg won't do that. The sweet spot for grams per day depends on the number of plants in that space, of course, and turn-around time between harvests. I'm inclined to think you want to veg for at least 6-8 weeks.

Thanks, I've asked this on a couple of other journals, but if I were to put these into flower after 1 week in veg how would use the Growology nutes? I was thinking to give step 2 for about 3 weeks until pistils begin showing, then switch over to step 3 until the flush? What do you guys think? Should this only be attempted in soil? I was going to flower after 4 weeks so I was thinking it might save a little time, then again, roughly a zip per plant may not be worth the 3 weeks it saves, especially since I have the light and the room. Wow, me saying I have enough space is almost ridiculous. I should stop and think before I spew my words all over journals and waste people's time listening to me ramble. I'm gone to smoke a spliff.....Happy growing people, sorry for the mindless rambling. :)

What's your favorite smoking utensil? I enjoy the :rollit: style to smoke, but some may prefer to use :bong:

I like the ease of doobies plus I think I can get a better taste than any other way. Your thoughts??

I have always been a big fan of rolling joints but after all the years of enjoying cannabis I now prefer to smoke from a bong. 1- it packs a better punch and 2- it saves on stash. With a joint it keeps burning even when you are not inhaling. I will also add one other point to my response. Whenever I watch a YT video with someone smoking or the videos on the "Cup" festivities when people were checking out the samples. I noticed they almost always exhale within 5-10 seconds after taking the hit. What's up with that? I hold my smoke for as long as I can given the size of the hit. I think it is a waste of product to smoke it like a cigarette. Just my opinion but that was bugging me and I had to say something. I'm done.

I know what your saying, because I hold it in as well. At the same time, if you know there will never be a shortage, you know you'll always have plenty of cannabis, then I guess smoking it like a cigarette and being rather luxurious about it, then I guess it's okay. Shadow, we're old heads we have a whole other way of thinking than the younger generation(Millennials), they're growing up with legal pot, so to some extent, it kinda makes sense that they would smoke that way. Just an observation.

The seedlings have moved to vegetative when they get their 2nd set of leaves, the 3 finger leaves, correct? They just popped out but the leaves on Shirley have begun to slightly curl on the sides of the first set of leaves. I tried to get a pic but the camera won't focus good enough to see the detail I'm talking about. Two things, could she be to close to the light making her leaves curl, the RH is 42% with 81 F or is she looking for nutrients? If so, would it be okay to give 1/4 strength step 2? It's not hot in the 2 inches between the light and the plant but I'm thinking the low humidity combined with the closeness of the light? I'll try to bring up the humidity and move the light another inch away and see if that helps. Not serious just an eye opener. How long until I can feed the Step 2, most folks have said when the second set of leaves emerges it's okay but to be careful about the strength?

Back
Top Bottom