Chinnubie's 2nd Shot at 2 Fem Purple Kush

Do you guys exhale through your nose? If you don't, you are missing out on some of the taste.

I exhale slowly through my nose and yes you can sure smell and taste a bud much better then just exhaling through your mouth.

I've got some new developments to show everyone. This leaf curl doesn't seem to be affecting the plant and I even saw on a thread someone saying it's normal but you guys be the judge and tell me what you'll think. Here's pics:

Laverne
2014-07-14_05_58_26.jpg

Shirley
2014-07-14_05_58_01.jpg

Still like to hear a comment or two about those curling leaves. Anybody? "Hello, Hello, Is there anybody out there? just, not if you can hear me, is there anyone at home?? Relax, Relax, It's just a little pin prick, I do believe it's working, GOOD, that'll keep ya goin for the show, come on it's time to go......." "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd. It popped into my head, don't ask me why? You older people didn't need the reference, but the younger crowd may not know about these songs we talk about sometimes. :tokin: :lot-o-toke: :peacetwo:

When will it be okay to start feeding them? :morenutes: They seem to be doing fine but, was wondering when it would be a good time to start? I was thinking when I see the 5 finger leaves? I need some guidance in this regard because I've not grown in this medium before. "Help I need someone, Help" "Help" by the Beatles man I'm really showing age now!! Used to listen to this album when I was 6 years old, it was in my Dads collection.

Your soil mix does not have much in the way of nutrients in. The ProMix is mostly peat - there isn't much food in it. You will want to start feeding sooner than someone with lots of organic matter in the medium. I'm guessing around 15-20 days from sprouting with around 25% strength of Growology step 2. They will still be babies. Please don't feed them like adults.

Also, Chin, are you still watering with a little syringe? I think you need to water the soil better. One of those, I saw from reading back, sprouted 12 days ago... The other one ten days? For example, here is a picture of a OG baby at ten days from breaking ground;

og10d2.jpg

og10d1.jpg

They are 10 days from breaking medium. Since there is only humates and .07% NPK from perlite plus mycos from promix and step one. I agree they need some food in the very near future and I was going to wait for better development of 2nd node, probably in 5 days so I was going to do the very thing you suggested 1/4 strength step 2 and see how they do.

Put the 150 watt HPS lights on them 12" away, along with the CFL's to give them an adjustment period of the new light. The tower fan set on the lowest speed setting has gotten Shirley's stem much stronger and can't quite figure out Laverne's squirrely stem. Hoping she's gonna straighten up as she continues to get stronger over time. Just can't get two like Shirley, it's God's way of keeping me on my toes.

Sounds good, Chin. Not to be a pest, but... What about the watering? I think you need to very carefully moisten ALL the soil in those containers. You are off to a slow start and it is probably related to just putting a little water on the top frequently. Get the whole of the medium moist and wait a week before watering again. Roots grow like crazy early on, but they have no incentive to grow if there is just a little patch of shallow moisture surrounded by parched soil.

Sounds good, Chin. Not to be a pest, but... What about the watering? I think you need to very carefully moisten ALL the soil in those containers. You are off to a slow start and it is probably related to just putting a little water on the top frequently. Get the whole of the medium moist and wait a week before watering again. Roots grow like crazy early on, but they have no incentive to grow if there is just a little patch of shallow moisture surrounded by parched soil.

I'm with PeeJay on this one.
Little plants need some nutrition, but they respond better to water, a big of drying around the edges, and not too much light.

It's important to remember that most of the volume of a seed is made up of specialized baby food for the plant. In the following picture the endosperm portion of the seeds is that food. You can think of it as mother's milk for the new baby plant. There is quite enough highest quality specialized food for the plant in the endosperm to feed the plant for a couple of weeks. Little fledgling roots are easily burned by soil that is too rich for the plants delicate early digestive system. You don't feed a baby a cheeseburger...

seeds3.gif

Your primary problem, IMO, is the way you are watering, Chin.

I was worried watering that much would kill the seedlings. I understand what your telling me and l will make the attempt tomorrow before I turn them on. There's 5 gallons of medium in each pot, should I put a gallon on each or less? Just getting the medium wet slowly until it runs through making sure to keep from drowning the baby plants?

I've heard that five seconds is enough for lungs to process the smoke.
Since I see less smoke if I hold for longer, I don't believe that.

There are no CDC sponsored scientific studies since congress/drug companies have until recently prevented all cannabis research in the USA.

Right-on Radogast, They don't know what the hell they're talking about, I've got 38 years of research under my belt. I may not be hip to the new things going on but I damn sure know the longer you hold the smoke the more your obsorbing. I wouldn't let the government tell me squat about anything. And as far as the latest generation, They don't have a clue either, it's not all their fault, they're just spoiled.

Not as well as your nose IMO. Smoking stogies still requires exhaling through your nose for full flavor. I've got 32 years under my beslt and your right about the next generation, they are spoiled. Who's to thank for that? I won't get into the social aspects of all this, but trying to make up for lost time with material stuff don't make it right! When's the last time you said "no" to your child, kinda like those "have you hugged your kid today" or it's 10 o'clock do you know where your kid is?

Speaking of kids my 16 year old son is going to get his GED and start college earlier than any prior family member. Not sure about Jack the astronaut in the family tree, is that saying too much? He's the one that was played by Kevin Bacon in the movie Apollo 13. Way back on my Mom's side like 6 greats back, was George Washington's aid they crossed the Delaware together. We have a colorful family history, on my Dad's side in Chicago, the first people over were involved with organized crime, not sure the extent other than it got a couple of them killed. Now I understand my need to rebel, along with preserving this great country for posterity. :peace:

Your curled leaves may be from heat stress, pH fluctuation or a genetic weakness in the plant. I recommend when your plant is 4"-5" tall and have 5 nodes of growth you begin 1/4 strength nutrients and slowly over several watering increase until you are using full strength nutrients.

The other plant hasn't had that happen. It's only on the first single leaves that came out, but the subsequent 3 fingered leaves appear fine and she's begun her next set. Her single leaf nodes have begun to show growth. It took a long time before that happened on the first go-round. My son said he had touched the leaves when they were first out with the cotyledons and the plant may have reacted to the oils or whatever may have been on his fingers. Doesn't appear to have caused any real issues. The humidity is at 38F and the temps during the day 82-86F depending on the amount of people coming in and out of the apartment letting in the hot air, making it harder on the A/C to keep it cool. Never gets above 86F and at night 79F. The tower fan keeps the air moving pretty well and I keep the door cracked open to help with CO2 & cooling. I have a 190 cfm inline fan to help exhaust hot air out, along with controlling smell later on.

KJC how would I lower the PH in the promix medium just use PH Up or Down with a watering or are there other ways? Also, I measured it with a three prong Burpee 2-in-1 Analyzer after I watered through and it came up 6.9. I'm going to get a digital PH meter to measure run-off water, right? Isn't that the best way to get an accurate measurement? Obviously, I know what I need but, I want to double check with you first, just to make sure.

I know those Burpee's get a bit of a bad rap, but it worked really well with the soil grow last time. Unsure whether or not it will work as well with promix? Yeah, I'm gonna wait til 5-6 nodes to feed 1/4 strength. The way they're starting to take-off it won't be long. The watering thing has showed improvement today after about 9.5 hours from doing it, just amazing, I think if you watch it long enough you could see it grow. Thanks for all of the help you guys have already given me and they just started growing. Hopefully, I won't have to bug ya'll to-terribly much on this, my second attempt at growing(anything). Never grew up with a garden and Mom bought fake flowers. I was so stupid when it came to understanding plants, I had NOOOO idea.

KJC how would I lower the PH in the promix medium just use PH Up or Down with a watering or are there other ways? Also, I measured it with a three prong Burpee 2-in-1 Analyzer after I watered through and it came up 6.9. I'm going to get a digital PH meter to measure run-off water, right? Isn't that the best way to get an accurate measurement? Obviously, I know what I need but, I want to double check with you first, just to make sure.

I know those Burpee's get a bit of a bad rap, but it worked really well with the soil grow last time. Unsure whether or not it will work as well with promix? Yeah, I'm gonna wait til 5-6 nodes to feed 1/4 strength. The way they're starting to take-off it won't be long. The watering thing has showed improvement today after about 9.5 hours from doing it, just amazing, I think if you watch it long enough you could see it grow. Thanks for all of the help you guys have already given me and they just started growing. Hopefully, I won't have to bug ya'll to-terribly much on this, my second attempt at growing(anything). Never grew up with a garden and Mom bought fake flowers. I was so stupid when it came to understanding plants, I had NOOOO idea.

You should adjust your nutrients pH to pH 5.8 for soiless mixtures with pH down.

A regularly maintained pH meter would give you the most accurate readings.

Subscribed Chinnubie, I love these types of journals with all of these great growers helping out like they do, I'm learning a lot thanks.

Took some pics of the plants and for being the same strain they have started out looking very different. Kinda weird, uh? I put a pic of the grow closet as well as the awe inspiring words of The Home Depot on their buckets.

Closet
2014-07-16_10_26_29.jpg

Inspiration
2014-07-16_10_26_08.jpg

Shirley
2014-07-16_10_23_58.jpg

Shirley
2014-07-16_10_22_59.jpg

Laverne
2014-07-16_10_22_45.jpg

Laverne
2014-07-16_10_22_33.jpg

I'm guessing the Sativa side is dominant in Laverne or to early to tell? She's been doing the same thing Shirley's doing as far as production of the leaves. Any thoughts to the different leaf types on these plants?

Back
Top Bottom