Cultivators 7200w Build And Grow Perpetual

Great that you guys are doing charity events.

I'm ready for you Coach Cult. Let's do this!

"Directions to the gym"

I have that same question....this is actually what was making me think about mediumless DWC. So How do you transplant like that?
Cult, when you clone with neoprene disks, how do you then transplant to DWC, do you do it without any meduim such as Rockwool or Root Riot? And just use clay pebbles? Sorry if you;ve already answered this. saves me hiking through pages

usually for dwc i aeroclone and transplant clones straight to clay pebbles in net pots.

DSC_02258.JPG
DSC_02226.JPG

however u could use root riot cubes or rockwool. when using this method u might need to top feed until roots appear through net pots. u can use coco, rockwool, perlite, soil, clay pebbles and more for medium in the net pots. as soon as the roots break through net pots stop top feeding.

Hey Cult,

I can't stop loving your journals mate! Always top notch advice too.

I have a quiestion for you.

Currently i have a Green house Cheese grow

15 plants.

Early in seedling stage they got heavily burned by very powerful LED (light burn) and that stunted them and slowed there growth.
Majority have yellow leaves and started recovering, but i managed to EC burn them so that was a major setback.

So mainly i think i am straggling with EC i got my PH spot on and grow room too, but EC is my weak area due to my personalitly (more+better) i know its not true. Moving on

So few EC questions if you don't mind I am using Canna Aqua and my background EC does not get registered by my Bluelab EC PEN

Say you starting a grow from seed what sort of EC would you use to start them off? Possibly ML per liter? Then if things go OK how would you start upping EC on them? At the moment they about the size of your cuts, but some leaves are yellow they are not looking there best.

1) Week 1 to Week2 EC?
2) Week 2 to Week 4 EC?
3) How about if you had damaged plants and recovering from something what EC would you set it at?
Veg cycle.

Do you have some kind of rule of thumb with regards to feed? Does More EC equal better yield ? how much would i compromised if i kept the grow on low EC ?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a few of them and that is how big they are, they are starting to perk up and it looks like the new growth is Green again?
What kind of EC would you set them at? or ML per L

Thanks again

PS its a DWC grow

So are u using R/O water? its unlikely that tap water would come out at 0ec.

in seedling stage 0.6-0.8ec is fine, once rooted bump it up to 1.2-1.4ec. u should add cannazym and great white shark also.

U never need to go high on ec in dwc, so i consider 2.8ec very high, 2.2 high, 1.8 medium and 1.2 low.

if u have issue with plants, run water @ph 5.5-5.8 for 24-48 hours then resume regular feedings.

i only veg 2 weeks in dwc, 3 weeks max (in general, there are exceptions). i go to 1.4 as soon as roots are through net pots. always set initial ph between 5.5-5.8. when using canna aqua u shouldnt need to readjust.

Thanks for all the advice you just gave on e.c my babies are just showing their first set of true leaves so it was very helpful.

I have to say I take my hat of to you for being able to hold down so much, give up smoking and train as hard as you do.
I'm a huge MMA fan and I'm going to the london event next week!

usually for dwc i aeroclone and transplant clones straight to clay pebbles in net pots.

DSC_02258.JPG
DSC_02226.JPG

however u could use root riot cubes or rockwool. when using this method u might need to top feed until roots appear through net pots. u can use coco, rockwool, perlite, soil, clay pebbles and more for medium in the net pots. as soon as the roots break through net pots stop top feeding.

So are u using R/O water? its unlikely that tap water would come out at 0ec.

in seedling stage 0.6-0.8ec is fine, once rooted bump it up to 1.2-1.4ec. u should add cannazym and great white shark also.

U never need to go high on ec in dwc, so i consider 2.8ec very high, 2.2 high, 1.8 medium and 1.2 low.

if u have issue with plants, run water @ph 5.5-5.8 for 24-48 hours then resume regular feedings.

i only veg 2 weeks in dwc, 3 weeks max (in general, there are exceptions). i go to 1.4 as soon as roots are through net pots. always set initial ph between 5.5-5.8. when using canna aqua u shouldnt need to readjust.

Thanks for advice cultivator, really appropriate it. I must be doing something wrong in that case. I do have a tap water(7 trent supplier) EC is less then 0.1. But as my EC bluelab trunchon starts at 0.2 i can,t be for sure what my ec is.

1My temp in grow room where 19c is that too low?
Is it possible they could be like this from rockwool not drying up?
Is it possible it could be cos of Silicon?
What is your view on silicon?
When i add Silicon it bumps up my PH quiet a lot so i have to counter mesure it with PH down
So is it possible that this could be due to too much PH down in the solution
My Ph is consistently stable ranging from 5.6-6.1
Thanks for advice

looking forward to see how that bubble bucket turns out my friend

Thanks for advice cultivator, really appropriate it. I must be doing something wrong in that case. I do have a tap water(7 trent supplier) EC is less then 0.1. But as my EC bluelab trunchon starts at 0.2 i can,t be for sure what my ec is.

When i add Silicon it bumps up my PH quiet a lot so i have to counter mesure it with PH down
Thanks for advice

19c is fine, ideal from what i have read is 21 but 19 is fine too
im not sure about the this one
or this one
i personally have heard many good things about SI, i plan on using it myself when i get to that stage of my grow, it has many benefits but it does cause a huge ph spike, make sure its the first thing you add when making your solution, i cant actually remember why as i dont have my notes in front of my but i remember i have it written in CAPS (ADD SI FIRST!!!) i will comment why when i get home.
having your ph go from 5.6-6.1 is good IMO as it means you will be getting the full range of important nutes and wont be dealing with any lockout

Thanks for advice

19c is too low really, thats mid 60'f. ideal temp is between 72-80f so 22-26c.

Silicone is ok depending on the brand, but alot of base nutes have it in these days. personally i dont use it.

Its unlikely to be too much ph down unless u are using lots.

Ph is fine.

its most likely down too room being too cool, u also need good extraction to ensure a good supply of co2.

Water temps in dwc should be steady 65-68f.

if ur ec is 0.1-0.2 it means u have soft water, i also have soft water. make sure u are using soft water nutes. bump ur ec up to 1.2.

Goes to show how much I have to learn :bravo:

Those are probably the finest roots I have seen on this site sir. Very nice work. They look incredibly healthy.

19c is too low really, thats mid 60'f. ideal temp is between 72-80f so 22-26c.

Silicone is ok depending on the brand, but alot of base nutes have it in these days. personally i dont use it.

Its unlikely to be too much ph down unless u are using lots.

Ph is fine.

its most likely down too room being too cool, u also need good extraction to ensure a good supply of co2.

Water temps in dwc should be steady 65-68f.

if ur ec is 0.1-0.2 it means u have soft water, i also have soft water. make sure u are using soft water nutes. bump ur ec up to 1.2.

Because i am running DWC my grow room temp tends to worm up DWC buckets that i have to pretty much the same temps hence my low grow room temps.

Yes i do have soft water and am using Canna A+B the plants are small and yellow some are okish maybe 5 sets of large leaves. About 4 weeks old. Size of your clones LOL possibly larger. How messed up is that.

I had a set back when i tried to up the Nutes to 0.8 EC using 15ML of Canna A+B next day they went quiet yellow.

I will be honest with you i can't quiet point my finger as to what can be the problem?

Sorry for wasting your time i would love to be specific about my problem, but it seems to me that i got pretty much everything under control?

I am using Growth techology silicon

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Back
Top Bottom