Dennise - No Longer The Newest Of Newbies - Not Growing In MG - Perpetual

Hey Dennise,
I'm posting two photos on your journal as my gift to you! You are my grow hero and these little babies struggled so hard to survive, I thought I'd share how well they are doing now. Almost ready to JUMP in their containers...which are brand new, bleached down, and ready to grow outdoors when they get bigger.

Lemon Kush

og93.jpg

White Widow x Big Bud

og82.jpg
Oh much better. they look like they have fully recovered. I have a Afghan Kush x White Widow and a Nothern Lights x Big Bud (they are 2 of the girls in the closet in flower) so I sorta have some of the same smoke in a round about way..........:yummy:
Seriously FF should put a big ol icon or something on their label. Something like a giant table and a spoon on one and giant tea cup and a spoon on the other would be nice. Sometimes after large amounts of medication we read like 5 year olds. Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom are different in that one uses tsb and the other uses tbsp. I think its the Big Bloom that uses tbsp and the large feedings recommend using cups per gallon! Imagine if you confused that measurement between the two.

I've learned in my current grow that when the girls bloom they get hungry. I starved my poor Jedi Death Star girls. These final few days of flower they have been yellowing like crazy. Hopefully it'll be real smooth smoke.
Oh I am so glad you posted this. I have never read the container I have just always either gone by what King :adore: suggested or by the feeding schedule in FFs pamphlet and it is all teaspoons (tsp). I feed them strong but good Lord man that would choke a horse. I don't know what the Big Bloom container is feeding but it sure ain't MMJ...:high-five:
Yes if you are close to harvest the smoke will be smoother and less time curing even since the plant is using up more of its sugars to compensate. Depending on how far away you are from harvest your yield may suffer though.
Depending on how long and how much they were starved I would think it would be good to let them use up all that is stored before harvest to get as clean a smoke as you can. I obviously didn't care to much about all that with the miracle grow and will never talk trash about MG cause I am still smoking it and everyone that has smoked it have liked it. I've even been asked if it was treated with some other drug..:thedoubletake: It is not but there is no doubt what is coming to harvest next is going to put MG in my distant past. The difference is growing is obvious with every single one of the girls growing now. I can't wait to taste the difference in my first grow and this one.......:rollit:
Thank you, I will definitely acclimatise them before putting them in the ground. I want them to be well hardened off before that. So they are in 6" now, then up to a gallon, then into the ground. I'm a little concerned, like I said earlier about the light. I have the lights on now for 16 hours a day. Sunrise/sunset right now is approximately 13 hours start to finish. I hope I don't stress them too much when they move out to sun. Do you think they will just re-adjust if I don't put them right out into the sun?
I think it is a weed and has one desire in life and that is to live. Give it the best possible environment and you know it will acclimate because it want to not die. Now where I think you can come in is in how good the potency is by helping along the natural process that the weed does for herself again by giving her optimal growing environment and now I'm preaching to the choir....:amen:
High Dennise :circle-of-love:
High Cronic :passitleft: I've missed seeing you here...:circle-of-love:
If you are worried about going from 16 down to 13 then id go from inside 16-15-14 and then outside. I dont know your timeframe but if you dont have time to do that then they should be fine because you will still be acclimating them and that should help to prolong the light cycle. For instance 8 hours light inside then 4 outside then then 4 inside or whatever your time and effort level will allow. But going straight from 16 down to 13 wont hurt them to much and it wont trigger any flowering response but it could confuse the plants so thats why I would supplement the indoor light and outdoor and slowly give them less indoor time while increasing outdoor time until they are outside permanently.
This sound like genius....:high-five:

I decided I wanted to play with plants and dirt today and did all I could in my gardens outside. There are only a few things I can put out there right now cause there will be a few more cold snaps I'm sure but I have the bed in the back all ready to plant one of the girls in once the time comes. All that I lack putting out is the lavender that is rooting in the rapid rooters and man do they work well and some smaller sunflowers that will go around the back but I put in my yard art container pansies and violets and the such and a couple of containers full for the front porch and once the lavender is planted I should be able to put one girl right in the middle of all my "art" and she should go unnoticed by all. So after I did all I could do outside I still wanted to mess with the girls but no body wanted to play but the tiny SBR in the box. She had gotten really unruly and needed a haircut desperately. She here she is before and after stripping and then a few of the S&M....:circle-of-love:
DSC045451.JPG
DSC045464.JPG
DSC045473.JPG
DSC045484.JPG
DSC045495.JPG
DSC045503.JPG
DSC045515.JPG
DSC045523.JPG
DSC045532.JPG
DSC045542.JPG
DSC045554.JPG
DSC045563.JPG

oooo had this problem last year moving 18/6 cuttings outdoors. The sun will kill them without protection. So had 2 choices, either put them in and pray they don't drop over and die (like some people I know lol). Acclimate them like Smoky is sayin. That works, you just have to stick them in the shade around 11am and bring them back out when it cools off dusk.

Or, I came up with this little idea myself. It works good too.

20140402_144521.jpg

Put a 44oz styrofoam cup over the clone after planting. Make sure the slots are facing to the east and west (important). When the sun rises in the morning- full sun. As it moves to noon, south. The plants are shaded and still get a nice breeze going through. Sunset they again get full sun. Easy :)

*Even works with small cutting fresh off the cfl indoors. No need to ramp down the lights

This girl has been on full strength Fox Farms since day 1. I certainly cannot say it does not work well. I just wish it wasn't such a pain having to mix so many things. After this girl (tiny SBR) I am going to be all Growology. The SBR clone in the cabinet, Wild Thai, Baby OG, and if the oops clone off of the SBR survives they are all Growology so it won't be much longer till we will know if I can stop mixing and driving the King :adore: crazy and from what little time I have been using the Growology I don't think it is going to be a problem at all changing over to it completely. Especially now that I know I have MS I don't recon things are going to get a whole lot easier for me to do so I am really excited to get to a flowering stage with the Growology and see what it does. Good things coming. My first baby outside grow and it won't be long till I should be having just one harvest right after the other....:passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:..........:circle-of-love:

oooo had this problem last year moving 18/6 cuttings outdoors. The sun will kill them without protection. So had 2 choices, either put them in and pray they don't drop over and die (like some people I know lol). Acclimate them like Smoky is sayin. That works, you just have to stick them in the shade around 11am and bring them back out when it cools off dusk.

Or, I came up with this little idea myself. It works good too.

20140402_144521.jpg

Put a 44oz styrofoam cup over the clone after planting. Make sure the slots are facing to the east and west (important). When the sun rises in the morning- full sun. As it moves to noon, south. The plants are shaded and still get a nice breeze going through. Sunset they again get full sun. Easy :)

*Even works with small cutting fresh off the cfl indoors. No need to ramp down the lights
Brilliant....:high-five:

Busy busy as always , loads going on :)
High Light :passitleft: Just trying to make it to the day I can be in your realm of greenness... I do hope your move is going well and I can't wait till that monster light and you get busy. I know it is going to be a heck of a show.........:circle-of-love:

Wow, so many brilliant ideas! I like the Styrofoam cup idea. It is already too hot during the day for that already. I know not to put plants from inside into direct sun. If I only know one thing, it's definitely that! Lessons learned over the years.

I will figure something reasonable out to do. I have no timeline, so to speak. My growing season goes from now till November/December. I just don't want a hermie. That is really my main concern with this light stress. I am not going to start to fiddle with how the plant is growing until it puts roots into the permanent spot. Three in the ground, three in containers. It may be too much. We'll see.

Meanwhile, I'm going to roll up.

:smokin:

Hi Dennise

It is Always good to come through here SOOOO many good ideas!!! LOVING the cup for the clone....i think i am gunna make me some of those for my new clones give them more "Sun" time !!!

Best and Blessed to You and Your garden ... :Namaste:

Hi Dennise

It is Always good to come through here SOOOO many good ideas!!! LOVING the cup for the clone....i think i am gunna make me some of those for my new clones give them more "Sun" time !!!

Best and Blessed to You and Your garden ... :Namaste:
:thanks:
OH SNAP Dennise.... I just saw you signature .... oh how i LOL'ed :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

REPS for making me LMAO....!!!!
There's nothing better tan a good belly laugh to make the day. So glad I could give ya a giggle........:circle-of-love:
Dennise if you would like to change the name of your grow journal type the name exactly as you would like it to appear in quotations.
Just as a post King? Sorry but I don't quite understand. Shocking I know but where do I type it? Thank you for your help as always..:adore:...:circle-of-love:

"Dennise - No longer the Newest of Newbies and not growing in MG... perpetual"

That has got to be the biggest :420: understatement of the year. You are most certainly no longer a newbie and MG? Forget about it! You have become a go to for great info and pics Dennise. You are a resource now!

Bob ;)

That has got to be the biggest :420: understatement of the year. You are most certainly no longer a newbie and MG? Forget about it! You have become a go to for great info and pics Dennise. You are a resource now!

Bob ;)
100% in agreement!

Bob ;)

100% in agreement!

Keep blowing smoke ....:passitleft:... I like smoke...:kiss::winkyface::winkyface::winkyface:........:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom