Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

re: Doc Bud - High Brix Q&A With Pictures

Sounds good and its even less work :thumb:

I think duggan was a little :lot-o-toke: when he :reading420magazine: :laugh:

Grats on POTM :bravo::goodjob::cheer:

Sorry to offend you Duggan, but I think it was pretty clear that I was just joking around. I certainly don't think it deserved a threatening PM telling me to "come over and bust your balls in person next time, get the message, back off!".

Maybe next time don't answer questions in other peoples threads if you don't actually know the answer...

GL with your grow it seems like you need it to calm down a little bit :thumb:

Thanks for all the responses everyone I think I have a good handle on my feeding schedule now.

Sorry to offend you Duggan, but I think it was pretty clear that I was just joking around. I certainly don't think it deserved a threatening PM telling me to "come over and bust your balls in person next time, get the message, back off!".

Maybe next time don't answer questions in other peoples threads if you don't actually know the answer...

GL with your grow it seems like you need it to calm down a little bit :thumb:

Thanks for all the responses everyone I think I have a good handle on my feeding schedule now.

I'll second that.

Hey Doc, good day! I was remembering something I read about 20 yrs. ago in an old grow book you might find interesting.I know we both love Sativas , but are so hard to grow and take so long.It's about Gold Col. and how they used to get that golden colour to them.Have you ever heard of an old practice called "girdling" ,where they used to (not sure of exactly when in the cycle) make a shallow cut about 1/16th -1/8th of an inch deep all around the stalk about 6 or so inches off the soil....make another an inch or so apart from the first one ,and remove the mat'l. or bark from in between. This, apparently is how they achieved that nice golden colour.Have you ever heard of this being done? I would be too nervous to try it with just two plants growing and the fact that the Brix prolly goes way down too eh? Just wondering about this today.Have a great day Doc!:Namaste:

Doc-san,

Is there a place for powdered silica in your soil mix? I have some MontanaGrow Si stashed away and am wondering, can I use some of it?

Hey Doc, good day! I was remembering something I read about 20 yrs. ago in an old grow book you might find interesting.I know we both love Sativas , but are so hard to grow and take so long.It's about Gold Col. and how they used to get that golden colour to them.Have you ever heard of an old practice called "girdling" ,where they used to (not sure of exactly when in the cycle) make a shallow cut about 1/16th -1/8th of an inch deep all around the stalk about 6 or so inches off the soil....make another an inch or so apart from the first one ,and remove the mat'l. or bark from in between. This, apparently is how they achieved that nice golden colour.Have you ever heard of this being done? I would be too nervous to try it with just two plants growing and the fact that the Brix prolly goes way down too eh? Just wondering about this today.Have a great day Doc!:Namaste:

Sounds Very Interesting and the rewards would be mind blowing,
looking forward to the replys,

Have a good 1
Bulldog

I've heard of the practice, but I don't agree with it. It's a way of stopping the flow from plant to roots. I don't and won't do it.

Doc-san,

Is there a place for powdered silica in your soil mix? I have some MontanaGrow Si stashed away and am wondering, can I use some of it?

My amendment has a great deal of silica, but I wouldn't add any more. Silica is often potassium silicate and the K levels are far too high for High Brix. So, I'd leave it out if you're running my soil. It won't help anything.

Doc

I even hated to upload these pics. I am used to showing off some A1 healthy plants.

This is what my plants look like at 8 weeks

This one is the Dinafem Dinachem. It is yellowing, but the leaves are still intact and no spots on them, just turning yellow evenly. (and I didn't even score the stock like mentioned above by duggan)
G18_DC_8wks_flwr_1.jpg

This is the THSeeds Ultrasour. before pulling off a lot of dead brown ones and anything that looked damaged,
G18_US_8wks_flwr_1.jpg

and this is the Barneys Vanilla Kush. same thing, some turned brown, pulled the bad ones
G18_VK_8wks_flwr.jpg

I am not blaming the kit, but my partner is a little upset with me and the kit.
I read him your take on the growing the natural way you posted a few posts back and he said if he wants to grow like in nature, when does nature rely on foliar feeding?

Doc

I even hated to upload these pics. I am used to showing off some A1 healthy plants.

This is what my plants look like at 8 weeks

This one is the Dinafem Dinachem. It is yellowing, but the leaves are still intact and no spots on them, just turning yellow evenly. (and I didn't even score the stock like mentioned above by duggan)
G18_DC_8wks_flwr_1.jpg

This is the THSeeds Ultrasour. before pulling off a lot of dead brown ones and anything that looked damaged,
G18_US_8wks_flwr_1.jpg

and this is the Barneys Vanilla Kush. same thing, some turned brown, pulled the bad ones
G18_VK_8wks_flwr.jpg

I am not blaming the kit, but my partner is a little upset with me and the kit.
I read him your take on the growing the natural way you posted a few posts back and he said if he wants to grow like in nature, when does nature rely on foliar feeding?

Foliar feeding=rain+dust on the leaves. Your partner isn't thinking too deeply about this.

As far as your results, we already discussed this and it's the pots you're using. Where do you think my pictures are coming from? I'm using the same exact products you're using. My plants look like this:

Picture_013147.jpg

Picture_004258.jpg

My methods work. The last two POM winners grew with my gear. None of us use those type of pots you're using. Our plants don't like wet feet.

I didn't mean to discuss the yellowing any further Doc.
I just wanted to show the plants, sorry.

can you or the mods delete that post?

I have a question I haven't seen asked before. Can your kit be made up in small batches to suit a two plant closet grow and only used twice a year? I know you guys with perpetual grows are doing great but can it be used for occasional growers?

I have a question I haven't seen asked before. Can your kit be made up in small batches to suit a two plant closet grow and only used twice a year? I know you guys with perpetual grows are doing great but can it be used for occasional growers?

As long as there is no cross contamination and the products are kept at stable temps....say high 60's.....the products will keep for a long time....2 years at least.

Doc...just thought i'de comment on that wee little Afgan a page back...really like the colours it has.Just looks the picture of health...nice. The rest don't look too shabby either. How far along is the Champaign? Cheers eh!:thumb:

I have high hopes for that Afghan and it's 4 sisters.

I'll have to check, but the Champagne is just getting in to week 4 since going 11/13

Back
Top Bottom