Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

It does look like Carnival and that's her buzz, but I haven't seen examples of the others, so ... dunno. :cheesygrinsmiley:

anyone do this? harvest early(1-2 weeks early) on purpose with intent to capture different terp profiles? do the terps stay when dried if picked early, washed, dried and cured properly?

I'm sure yield is hugely affected. I'm curious about the different terps that seem to develop at different times of maturation.

anyone do this? harvest early(1-2 weeks early) on purpose with intent to capture different terp profiles? do the terps stay when dried if picked early, washed, dried and cured properly?

I'm sure yield is hugely affected. I'm curious about the different terps that seem to develop at different times of maturation.

Hey Ziggs...that's funny brotha...anyone harvest early?..:rofl: Yo Ziggs...we all have .Prolly not on purpose though. The terpines your refering to are basically from immature glands, something like myself....and yes the weight really comes on in the very, very , last 2-3 weeks....before that it's what i call shwag.Just not ready, ya know, it's ok ,but the flavours arn't there yet and when you harvest and trim it's easy to see. Anyhow ,that's my experience. With that being said ,everyone have an awesome night eh...:allgood:

And take good notes Ziggy, so we can sort it out later. You are so driven to explore. :laughtwo:

Steel pulse concert at a cannabis cup and you can't smoke?! SMH. Sounds worse than blown out surf. Weak!

Bro I've been jonesing so hard to surf lately. I mean like wet dreams like where u are at the top of the wave and a warm offshore is spitting it and the sun into your eyes like I can fucking feel it man but its been too long. Jonesing hard. Please paddle into one for me brother.

Steel pulse concert at a cannabis cup and you can't smoke?! SMH. Sounds worse than blown out surf. Weak!

There was more security in attendance than fans.....and 50 feet outside the door and on the other side of the fence people could toke up but if you even hit a vape pen inside they'd take it! LOL.

I felt terrible for the band....empty hall. And they've filled it before! They could easily fill it! It's all about the shoddy promotion and production of the event.

I can't see how these things can be held the way they are for much longer.

Hey doc I will have my amendment this afternoon, thanks for the super fast communication and shipping.

I assume with second round soil I should let it cook for 30 days? I haven't been around much so I never caught what happens next but now I'm here.

Good morning primalurg.

I use all the roots from your first DBHBB grow, mix in a little ewc(about 10 or 15 lbs) add the amendment and some Roots!(maybe optional since the amendment has Roots! in it). Water in plenty of water to get the soil good and moist but not wet. I had to add 7 gallons then let it "cook" for about 3-4 weeks.

There are other methods ive been told of that have been used with great success. Doc Bud has posted the exact recommendation somewhere but only first run directions are mentioned in his links( i think).

Isn't it just the best smoke ever with the whitest ash?! Ive grown super frosty, stinky, perfect looking plants but there is something different about this smoke. Have a great day.:Namaste:

Hey doc I will have my amendment this afternoon, thanks for the super fast communication and shipping.

I assume with second round soil I should let it cook for 30 days? I haven't been around much so I never caught what happens next but now I'm here.

There are different methods, several of which are documented on "In the lab." You'll have to search, but it's there and pretty well explained. You might cut in just a bit of leaves and perhaps some fresh promix on the NEXT run. Cook for 30 days. (living things have a 28 day cycle on Terra)

Good morning primalurg.

I use all the roots from your first DBHBB grow, mix in a little ewc(about 10 or 15 lbs) add the amendment and some Roots!(maybe optional since the amendment has Roots! in it). Water in plenty of water to get the soil good and moist but not wet. I had to add 7 gallons then let it "cook" for about 3-4 weeks.

There are other methods ive been told of that have been used with great success. Doc Bud has posted the exact recommendation somewhere but only first run directions are mentioned in his links( i think).

Isn't it just the best smoke ever with the whitest ash?! Ive grown super frosty, stinky, perfect looking plants but there is something different about this smoke. Have a great day.:Namaste:

Yep....everyone notices the white ash and indeed, the smoke is different! Most folks prefer it, and many won't have anything else once they've tried it, which is how I feel.

There are different methods, several of which are documented on "In the lab." You'll have to search, but it's there and pretty well explained. You might cut in just a bit of leaves and perhaps some fresh promix on the NEXT run. Cook for 30 days. (living things have a 28 day cycle on Terra)

Yep....everyone notices the white ash and indeed, the smoke is different! Most folks prefer it, and many won't have anything else once they've tried it, which is how I feel.

Since I've been only doing 1 plant at a time I've been feeding my second round soil all my trimmings already so I just need some promix, thanks.

Good morning primalurg.

Thanks man, I love the white ash because it tells me I'm smoking everything and that it all burned off like it should.

That's true, I get the same thing from first smoking from two plants although I tried only one popcorn bud to try how it cures. I actually started by smoking some frosty sugar leaves and there was no taste of chlorophyll at all like there is normally few days after drying. They're almost as sweet as the bud which is as smooth as it gets. My Grape Dog tastes like fizzy lemonade and smells like honey. I'm really sold out on this :tokin:

Since I've been only doing 1 plant at a time I've been feeding my second round soil all my trimmings already so I just need some promix, thanks.

So youve just grown 1 plant out of your first run soil? Dont add more promix. When you chop, smash up the rootball and add it to the soil, add about 15 more pounds of ewc and about a quarter cup of roots! and about 3 gallons of water. If you mix it real well you can continue to use it as first run soil. I wouldnt add promix til youve gone through over half of the soil in grows. Hell with just one rootball in there Id just break it up, add roots! and call it a day. You really havent changed 60 gallons of soil by using 7 or 10 or whatever you used :)

Gas Lantern Routine?

Doc and friends,

I just transplanted my clones into HB soil and they're already taking off. I have a fear they'll grow bigger than I want by the time I can get them into my flowering tent. That said, I was thinking of trying the Gas Lantern Routine to decrease the amount of hours the clones have to photosynthesize to keep them smaller. Does anybody have experience with GLR? Or are there other methods for keeping plants small while in veg? What about fluxing?

Thanks,
Mystery Seeds

Re: Gas Lantern Routine?

Doc and friends,

I just transplanted my clones into HB soil and they're already taking off. I have a fear they'll grow bigger than I want by the time I can get them into my flowering tent. That said, I was thinking of trying the Gas Lantern Routine to decrease the amount of hours the clones have to photosynthesize to keep them smaller. Does anybody have experience with GLR? Or are there other methods for keeping plants small while in veg? What about fluxing?

Thanks,
Mystery Seeds

Top 'em.

Back
Top Bottom