Doc Bud's High Brix Q&A With Pictures

What's your soil mix. What do I add to get the brix up?
Just kidding; couldn't resist!
Actually, what made me wanna read all of this (gonna start now) is this quote:

"If I could get brix over 23, a naked nymph appears with the blanket."

You achieved this yet Doc? Can your wife see this Nymph? Is the Nymph also over 23?
So many questions; So many things to like about organics!

Hilarious :rofl::rofl:

Doc...this chit chat of you growing a pure landrace, strong Indica....makes me think you should try Sensi's Maple Leaf Indica. It's landrace,pure, strong and a highly covetted strain that is only available as standard seeds(no fems) otherwise i'de have grown it already. To me it's the only true Indica worth doing now. Would LOVE to have some fem beans of her. Watcha think Doc?

That sounds like a real good plan. I hope I run into some of those seeds somewhere. I have so many seeds I can't justify buying any right now.

It's really interesting! Actually I think there are no two identical plants, so all the cannabis plants in the world have a slightly different genetics. Okay, we can set main types like Indica, Sativa, Ruderalis, Afghanica or even Pakistani(?).
Your Lemon Paki strain, Paki like Pakistan? Who is the vendor of those seeds? And how can you determine it' no indica, nor sativa. I mean are we really able to look into the genetics and differenciate?
I really hope when a vendor states it's a landrace and/or wasn't ever crossed is true.

No vendor bro. It's a mysterious strain and only two people have it. All I know is it's a landrace and it's different. And there are others who are also noticing these things.

You achieved this yet Doc? Can your wife see this Nymph? Is the Nymph also over 23?
So many questions; So many things to like about organics!

Hi Santb,

Thanks for visiting and especially for the good sense of humor. I think you'll enjoy your time on the thread.

Regarding the nymph, I still haven't seen her but I'm trying. There is some debate amongst the learned as to the actual existence of such a creature, the majority opinion being somewhat negative; but I remain hopeful.

Uhu.. I guess it's a top secret how do you get those seeds. Directly from Pakistan? I wouldn't think so... Maybe Holland or US? And why don't that two people sell it? Selling seeds is a top business nowadays, lot vendors, huge variety of strains and very high prices. If I had that strain I'd sell it $100 per 3 seeds, especially if it's a true and rare landrace...

No vendor bro. It's a mysterious strain and only two people have it. All I know is it's a landrace and it's different. And there are others who are also noticing these things.

Cheers for the reply, Doc; always a bit nerve racking making a first post with a stupid, juvenile joke! But I find it lowers the bar for any of my future noob questions, like these:
I'm in Australia (still on the the first pages of this so bear with me!), so what, approximately, is a "bale" of soil? Here, the standard bag size is 20-30 litres..
Also, compost... Why exactly is it not recommended? I make my own, and have quite a bit after a year of composting, and am planning on making it the base "nutrient" for everything; flowers, veggies, MJ.. I add coco and perlite plus various basic common organic amendments ala Subcool (but not as many ingredients and will drop dolomite and find some limestone)... Now will start "mineralizing" with your 6-5-3 mix... Could any level of high brix still be achieved via this route? Anything I should NOT be composting (I already avoid meat, poo etc..)? I save coffee grounds; sometimes crush up banana peel and dry egg shells..
And could/should I save some raw kitchen scraps from the pile for use in teas/drenchs? I'm thinking they'd be better in the pile but I'm sure I've read somewhere that teas can be made like this...
Cheers again!

PS Sorry just remembered 2 random questions: What light schedule do you use in veg?
And: are you able to ship your kit to Australia? Approximately how much total? Just an estimate as something for me to think about...
Thanks.

So many questions; so many things to like about organics!

Bro i dont think the kit qualifies as "organics". Doc / guys please correct me if i an mistaken.

Hi Santb,

Thanks for visiting and especially for the good sense of humor. I think you'll enjoy your time on the thread.

Regarding the nymph, I still haven't seen her but I'm trying. There is some debate amongst the learned as to the actual existence of such a creature, the majority opinion being somewhat negative; but I remain hopeful.

When I smoked the WN, and Golden Tiger i think i saw images of the Nymph...:)

I don't think it is used in the kit any longer, but chilean nitrate is frowned on by some organic growers. It comes out of the ground for cripes sake! "Organic" doesn't mean much to me. Look at the ingredients and decide if you like what you see. One example if fish fertilizer. It is labeled as being organic - yet it cannot be used for the production of organic livestock feed crops. I guess they are worried about the heavy metal content. But who is measuring the metals in the organic soil used to graze that same livestock? Plenty of soil is going to have trace levels (or more) of some heavy metal.

When I smoked the WN, and Golden Tiger i think i saw images of the Nymph...:)

You're liking them sativas, Ziggy eh? I'm waiting for my Mexican, there's lemon smell stronger with every day, buds are airy but these small trichomes one these limey calyxes tell me it's gonna be good weed :smokin:

I don't think it is used in the kit any longer, but chilean nitrate is frowned on by some organic growers. It comes out of the ground for cripes sake! "Organic" doesn't mean much to me. Look at the ingredients and decide if you like what you see. One example if fish fertilizer. It is labeled as being organic - yet it cannot be used for the production of organic livestock feed crops. I guess they are worried about the heavy metal content. But who is measuring the metals in the organic soil used to graze that same livestock. Plenty of soil is going to have trace levels (or more) of some heavy metal.

It's a mess basically. I don't know how it is in USA, but in UE every country has different regulations, and it's the same all over the world. In a nutshell apples from Israel organic certified there might be considered synthetically grown in Italy. There's no way out of this but using as much local products as it's possible which you can check yourself. The more exotic things are in your grow the more there is the risk there are non-organic derived molecules (although on this level they are all just molecules) like in fish where I wouldn't be so obsessed with heavy metals as with radioactivity especially after Fukushima. Look where they found it recently: Radiation from Fukushima disaster newly detected off Canada's coast | Reuters. This is not to say that we don't have enough problems with runoff from commercially cultivated corn fields or whatever.The truth is there's nothing 100% organic, I could say I grow 99% organically. With the heavy metals in the ground they almost everywhere, it's just their levels are usually low so we don't have to worry about them. Once I started researching bat guano, but arsenic or boron are just too low there to raise the red flag. It's all about proportions, what won't kill you will make you weirder :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom