Priorities, pesky arent they? :smokin:
Git that bread.

Ice cold update.
:popcorn:

Welcome back DL,
Priorities, pesky arent they? :smokin:
Git that bread.

Ice cold update.

Thanks Stage, yeah that’s how my job is... at least 40hrs a week, but sometime we get into emergency work and deadlines, so then it jumps to 60-80 hrs a week. Yep..got the bread...:passitleft:
:popcorn:
Killer plants. I have had a few things some friends referred to as posi. Always mentioned it smelt like burnt rubber lol. That Genius looks to have a crazy structure, glad you have her caged!

Hi yeti, :passitleft:
Yeah that burnt rubber plant is a first for me, I can’t see how it will taste good, but I’ll give it a try. I might nickname it Holeshot!
I’m glad I found time to shoehorn that cage onto Genius last week. She is getting bigger, and those branches don’t look like they will support popcorn...lol.

Take care

Hi yeti, :passitleft:
Yeah that burnt rubber plant is a first for me, I can’t see how it will taste good, but I’ll give it a try. I might nickname it Holeshot!
I’m glad I found time to shoehorn that cage onto Genius last week. She is getting bigger, and those branches don’t look like they will support popcorn...lol.

Take care
Holeshot sounds like a good nickname! I never had any issues with them rubber smelling ones. They taste alright. The Genius does look weak limbed. Hopefully it is special though!

Holeshot sounds like a good nickname! I never had any issues with them rubber smelling ones. They taste alright. The Genius does look weak limbed. Hopefully it is special though!
I’ll be sure to report my taste test. Lol
Genius would be great for a Scrog, easy to weave

I just bought 7 gallon pots just like those. Do you like them?

Hi Triplebeam
I do. I like the 15s better, but when I’m pheno hunting I need to use 7s due to space limitations, and that’s the minimum size Doc recommends.

What i mean is, are they sturdy when holding wet soil?

They are definitely thin plastic, however they perform well for me. I have no trouble with them being too flimsy when I lift or move them full of watered soil. They don’t have a good lip though, so if you use the lip to tie off branches while training, you may be disappointed.

Hi folks,

Been workin OT, so I’m sneaking in a update for ya, but first let us partake :passitleft:

Ahhh much better,

Ok tonight I got slammed when I walked in the flower room, smelled like a brand new commercial rug/ carpet, with the heavy rubber backing, like someone just did a burnout! Burnt rubber!

Chem Star 1 is the culprit, I can’t even imagine what this is gonna taste like...:hmmmm:

CS4 smells like funky, fuel, slightly sweet fruit

CS2 is like chemical cleaner mixed with sharp vanilla, very interesting!

CS 3 is chemical and spicy like cloves

Headband og is normally front stage, but this round she hung out in the back corner... a keeper for sure

And the up and comers....

Bubba Kush

Schrom....f..in Giant!

Genius

Golden Pineapple

And last but not least....

Jalalabad Star...getting tall!

Well have a great night!
Take care:goodluck::thanks:

Looking great Dopy! I have 3 of 4 of my bloomers in cages, all COGs, theyre really floppy! They grew above the top ring, gained some weight and just flopped there. I've been adding bamboo stakes but even that is not helping much, I still have close to 3 weeks. They are extremely frosty and delicious smelling but the viney nature of the plant is not ideal. I have a few clones that I am going to cull (they also tend to get many 1 and 3 bladed leaves which I don't think is due to light stress, oh and they throw pre flowers like there's no tomorrow) the end product is great but dealing with these plants is a major pita! Sorry for the tangent, that genius might be trouble trying to support her, I hope it's easier than my cogs!

:passitleft:

Looking great Dopy! I have 3 of 4 of my bloomers in cages, all COGs, theyre really floppy! They grew above the top ring, gained some weight and just flopped there. I've been adding bamboo stakes but even that is not helping much, I still have close to 3 weeks. They are extremely frosty and delicious smelling but the viney nature of the plant is not ideal. I have a few clones that I am going to cull (they also tend to get many 1 and 3 bladed leaves which I don't think is due to light stress, oh and they throw pre flowers like there's no tomorrow) the end product is great but dealing with these plants is a major pita! Sorry for the tangent, that genius might be trouble trying to support her, I hope it's easier than my cogs!

:passitleft:

Hi Ween!

Yeah these weak branched ones are a bit more work. I have to be careful when I roll them around when they get weighty from the buds. The cages are great, but I also have to use those green foam covered tie wraps (which are great by the way- they grip anything you tie them to) to tie the lower branches to the cage in late flower. Sometimes things are a trade off, if the genius produces amazing buds, I can deal with the wimpy branches.

Strange...those one and three bladed leaves you have. I had a C99 plant do that last run. All the other plants in the room were happy, but the C99 wasn’t. Three bladed leaves and never grew or drank much. I never even did Cats on her, she was so weak. I got about 2 zips off of her, but never really got to the bottom of it. I chalked it up to the 3rd run soil...I was the soil I used when I first started with the kit. I’m sure the ratios were all out of whack, due to the mistakes I made with it. The C99 clones I took are doing great.

Take care Ween

Loving what the girls over here are saying. Some interesting smells and flavours cooking up over there. Very interested in seeing these finished and smoked :p

Thanks Bilbo! I’ve got a harvest update coming right up, turn the page

That right! I flooded your notification inboxes.... Lots of good stuff going on in this journal

Thanks Killer!
I appreciate the good words. I’ve been overwhelmed with work OT, home life, and this run in the garden. Last night was a late one, trimming up the harvest. Dragging ass todayo_O

Thanks Bilbo! I’ve got a harvest update coming right up, turn the page

Thanks Killer!
I appreciate the good words. I’ve been overwhelmed with work OT, home life, and this run in the garden. Last night was a late one, trimming up the harvest. Dragging ass todayo_O
Cant wait bro

Ok last night at 61 days post flip I harvested 5 plants, trimmed em up, washed and hung them in my drying tent.

Headband was towards the middle/late side of the harvest window. She is so greasy with a strong citrus aroma.

The 4 Chem Stars were all harvested too. Definitely in the early window. Top Dawg suggests 63 days, and most of the trichromes were cloudy. All of them have a citrus aroma, especially once I started trimming, but there were differences between each also as follows:

CS1 has a sharp burnt rubber smell mixed in, a little obnoxious in my opinion. Like someone laid down three gears of rubber. But the buds were full and thick, the biggest yeilder of the 4. Strong branches too, no support needed.

CS2 has a nice vanilla aroma mixed in with the citrus. She is the tallest of the 4, and buds were the 3rd largest. Im really interested in trying this one. She was caged and needed some of the lower branches tied up for support.

CS3 was another the had some burnt rubber smells, but also a clove incense, chemical aroma too. Buds were the second largest of the 4, with similar structure to CS1. Very little support needed

CS4 is the variegated one. She burnt up good after the super drench, and high temps I fought with. The buds did not burn, and are the strongest citrus smell of the 4. So strong I couldn’t smell anything else! She was a bitch to trim, as the buds had many elongated “mini fox tails” emerging in all directions. I had to use the very tip of the clippers to get in there. Maybe this was from the heat, idk. We will see next time if she passes the smoke test. She was the most floppy of the bunch, and needed the cage and tie wraps.

Phew....that made some room in the garden for the others to spread out. Into the filtered drying tent. I set the humidistat to 57 %rh initially, then will up it to 59%rh tonight, with a 3% +/- swing. Temps in there are 68-72*f. They will stay in there for 7 days, then into the cure jars at 62%rh

Take care

Awesome harvest! Definitely wouldn't be a fan of burnt runner smell lol, and having a controlled environment to dry in would be niceeeee
Youd think that but I kinda know what hes saying ive got a bit here that reminds me very much of a chemdawg and I can kinda smell it in this lol. Edit. I think i might be right on it being chemdawg i can taste the kushy diesely tint and its definitely got a lil burnt rubber tint to the smell

Youd think that but I kinda know what hes saying ive got a bit here that reminds me very much of a chemdawg and I can kinda smell it in this lol. Edit. I think i might be right on it being chemdawg i can taste the kushy diesely tint and its definitely got a lil burnt rubber tint to the smell
Wish I had refined taste when it comes to my bud. Best I've had is what I've grown, other than that it's brick weed or over priced ok hydro lol. Latest crop taste like the black pepper that is on beef jerky. Not to spicy but maybe a hint of meat. Then again my senses are Soo far from a normal person it's hard to tell :laugh:.

Back
Top Bottom