Looking good DL. That genius is really bushing out! Gonna need some support on that one.

Thanks! Definitely, she will need staking for sure. I’m getting ready to take clones soon, then I can cage her and flip her.

Plants looking great! The zigzagging on the genius branches are looking wicked.

Hey kitchenhawk, appreciate it! Yeah I wanted to show that. The golden pineapple clone I have does that’s too, not as pronounced as genius though.

Yeti,:love:
Looking like love over here.
Been seeing a lot of pics on IG about Genius.
Can you share what the hubbub is about?:high-five:

Yeti,:love:
Looking like love over here.
Been seeing a lot of pics on IG about Genius.
Can you share what the hubbub is about?:high-five:

Hi Stage,

Genius is a very special plant that my friend has kept all these years since Mr Soul gifted him it back in Boston decades ago. Genius is the mother plant for the Apollo seed line of brothers Grimm seeds. Distinct zig zag branch nodes, floppy branches, bushy, and intense citrus funky bud terps.

Can’t wait to flower her. I was given instructions to keep her safe.

Here’s a description I copied:

Here is the story as told by Mr Soul and a good thread about Genius and others
Genius cut? - Marijuana Strains and Breeding - International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

"Genius is the sister of Princess. Both seeds came from the same bud.
Princess was obtained from growing out seeds found in buds of Jack Herer that was purchased in Amsterdam at the "Sensi-Smile" coffee shop, an authorized outlet of Sensi Seed Bank. Thus, it is considered to be an f2 generation Jack Herer. The seeds were found only in the deepest part of the buds indicating that the father was an unusually early-maturing JH that the growers missed at first.†– MrSoul”

Here’s a veg room update on a few of my newest cuts:

This monster is called schrom, I need to flip her very soon, after I take some cuts

This is a little indica cut is a pre 98 bubba kush. The node angles are very acute, almost co-dominate, with sturdy strong branches. She is transitioning to her high brix soil, and the mg def is starting to clear up.

This cut is golden pineapple. She is very wispy and soft. The buds I smoked from her were otherworldly good, very pineapplish for sure. She is liking her new soil

About ready to clone these and flip them, it’s gonna be a full bloom room for a while..oh boy

:cool:

Ok little update,

I just took clones from 5 of the newcomers in the veg room, and moved the plants into the flower room.

I take my clones from the bottom, and then strip everything off below 5-6 nodes on the branches that are left.

I must say that schrom is a monster, with strong branches, the grow very symmetrical, with a sweet smell when I ruffle her leaves

Genius and Golden Pineapple are very similar in growth habits. Very branchy.

P98 Bubba Kush is an interesting little girl, strong branches, short and stout indica

And Jalalabad Star is tall and narrow, I grew her from seed. She is very peppery acrid spicy when I ruffle her leaves.

Well let’s see what these girls will do.

I’m battling high temps in the garden @ 86f, and had to shut down one light to bring temps back to 79f.

Some girls in the flower room didn’t like the high temps, notable C99, but hey, you do what you can with what you have!

Take care gang!

Looking good Dopy! That genius has a very interesting structure. Probably a stupid question, are those pics after you removed everything below 5 nodes, so those lower branches stay but only leave the upper 4 or 5 nodes on them?
You got it, That’s what I’m going for this time. This is the first time I’ve grown her so we will both find out if leaving the lower branches on her was a good move or not.

Cheers Bud! :passitleft:

Looking good--Excited to see these grow out Dopy!

That Genius plant sounds amazing. LOVE Jack Herer....but I gotta say, so far that one doesn't exactly look like "jack' to me. Does it to you?

How's the smell so far when you rub the stem?

Cheers brother

:nomo::passitleft:

Hi SM!

I never grew out a JH so I’m not familiar with its growth habit.

I just rubbed the stem, and it smells very spicy and sweet, like cloves, with the sweetness being more subtle.

The weak branching is not desirable, but the terpenoid profile and high are supposed to make up for that.

We will see

Looking good in here DL. I love the zig zag of Genius, but I can see where it would be floppy. Still a killer cut to have if it's like I've heard.
Thanks morglie, yeah that zig zag...I find it pretty interesting too, definitely different. I need to get a cage on her to help hold her up;)

Little update from last night.

I’ve been fighting the heat, and by shutting down one of my lights, I’ve kept temps in the low 80’s. But damage has been done when temps got over 90, with relatively low humidity = crispy leaves on some. I’ve packed many more plants in the flower room and RH has gone up to 65% and plants seem to be happier, so I’ll ride this out.

C99 is ready to take down anytime. She didn’t perform well this run. Didn’t like the heat, but before that I was suspicious of the soil she is in, it’s 3rd run of my first batch, which I made a lot of mistakes on. I never gave her the cats because she was just so weak the whole grow. However her small tight, buds smell like fruit punch koolaid funk. Very low yield this run

Schrom and Bubba Kush are loving life, schrom is the beast in the back, BK is in front to the right

The chem stars are on their second wind, new bud growth and bulking up. Tip and margins got burnt, due to environmental conditions. Def low resin so far, and they are not very odorous either. We will see what lies ahead

Genius is truckin along, so far the heat has not effected it, crazy structure!

Golden pineapple is showing interesting skinny leaves that uncurl as they mature in to larger leaves. She smells very sweet when I ruffle her feathers

That is folks!
Have a great day!

Nice update DL,
Love those fruity strains!
We are all fighting a battle with the heat eh?
I once was gonna run dynasty genetics c99.
Keep a clone of her around for later.
:passitleft:

Hi folks,

Been workin OT, so I’m sneaking in a update for ya, but first let us partake :passitleft:

Ahhh much better,

Ok tonight I got slammed when I walked in the flower room, smelled like a brand new commercial rug/ carpet, with the heavy rubber backing, like someone just did a burnout! Burnt rubber!

Chem Star 1 is the culprit, I can’t even imagine what this is gonna taste like...:hmmmm:

CS4 smells like funky, fuel, slightly sweet fruit

CS2 is like chemical cleaner mixed with sharp vanilla, very interesting!

CS 3 is chemical and spicy like cloves

Headband og is normally front stage, but this round she hung out in the back corner... a keeper for sure

And the up and comers....

Bubba Kush

Schrom....f..in Giant!

Genius

Golden Pineapple

And last but not least....

Jalalabad Star...getting tall!

Well have a great night!
Take care:goodluck::thanks:

Back
Top Bottom