Wish I had refined taste when it comes to my bud. Best I've had is what I've grown, other than that it's brick weed or over priced ok hydro lol. Latest crop taste like the black pepper that is on beef jerky. Not to spicy but maybe a hint of meat. Then again my senses are Soo far from a normal person it's hard to tell :laugh:.
Take a trip somewhere with legal recreational if you can afford it. Amsterdams an awesome weekend trip. A couple of the spanish islands are better for an extended trip cos things are cheaper, amsterdam is expeeeeeensive. But yer if ya stateside go cali or find a dealer on snapchat wid a menu. Refine that pallet sir lol

Youd think that but I kinda know what hes saying ive got a bit here that reminds me very much of a chemdawg and I can kinda smell it in this lol. Edit. I think i might be right on it being chemdawg i can taste the kushy diesely tint and its definitely got a lil burnt rubber tint to the smell

Crazy how this plant can produce all these different aromas!:passitleft:

Ok now that the flower room overcrowding has been relieved, the up-n-comers have some room to stretch out, and I was able to shut off one of the 525s LEDS, which brought the temps back to 78*f lights on.
:yummy:

Schrom is monstrous, strong branches, big and full bush!

Genius and Golden Pineapple are very similar in structure, and GP has a similar, but not so pronounced zig zag to the branches. I remember my donor friend mentioned they shared some genetics.

Jalalabad Star is a tall one, I just shoehorned a cage over her after this pic, just to safe, and before she gets any bigger. I have a couple outside and one is over 6ft tall.

And P98 Bubba Kush is a nice stout indica, and I don’t think it will need support. I guess it all depends on how big the buds get. She is showing more mg def, gonna Brix spray them all tonight, and will add some snake oil to it to help with the mg def.

Nice little overview shot to close out this update, take care!

Ok now that the flower room overcrowding has been relieved, the up-n-comers have some room to stretch out, and I was able to shut off one of the 525s LEDS, which brought the temps back to 78*f lights on.
:yummy:

Schrom is monstrous, strong branches, big and full bush!

Genius and Golden Pineapple are very similar in structure, and GP has a similar, but not so pronounced zig zag to the branches. I remember my donor friend mentioned they shared some genetics.

Jalalabad Star is a tall one, I just shoehorned a cage over her after this pic, just to safe, and before she gets any bigger. I have a couple outside and one is over 6ft tall.

And P98 Bubba Kush is a nice stout indica, and I don’t think it will need support. I guess it all depends on how big the buds get. She is showing more mg def, gonna Brix spray them all tonight, and will add some snake oil to it to help with the mg def.

Nice little overview shot to close out this update, take care!
When I think of a genius I think wiry crazy hair and the genius structure looks like that lol.

Did you not attach any pics of the mag def? Plant looks great, just trying to see what it looks like for my own benefit.

When I think of a genius I think wiry crazy hair and the genius structure looks like that lol.

Did you not attach any pics of the mag def? Plant looks great, just trying to see what it looks like for my own benefit.

Yeah like a mad scientist, crazy hair...nice comparison! Look at the second pic of bubba Kush, you can see the mg def in the large fan leaves, the yellowing between the veins. I find once you see a mg def, you end up chasing it the whole way through, but good info for the next round.

Plants look good bud! Nice harvest as well. Looks like you have been busy. That Schrom is huge! Looking forward to seeing what you think of this bunch.

Hey yeti...:passitleft: thanks for the kind words! Yes I’ve been too busy, got some time off coming real soon. These cuts are very fun to grow. The whole flower room is full of stuff I’ve never grown before, very excited.

Take care bud

Ok last night at 61 days post flip I harvested 5 plants, trimmed em up, washed and hung them in my drying tent.

Headband was towards the middle/late side of the harvest window. She is so greasy with a strong citrus aroma.

The 4 Chem Stars were all harvested too. Definitely in the early window. Top Dawg suggests 63 days, and most of the trichromes were cloudy. All of them have a citrus aroma, especially once I started trimming, but there were differences between each also as follows:

CS1 has a sharp burnt rubber smell mixed in, a little obnoxious in my opinion. Like someone laid down three gears of rubber. But the buds were full and thick, the biggest yeilder of the 4. Strong branches too, no support needed.

CS2 has a nice vanilla aroma mixed in with the citrus. She is the tallest of the 4, and buds were the 3rd largest. Im really interested in trying this one. She was caged and needed some of the lower branches tied up for support.

CS3 was another the had some burnt rubber smells, but also a clove incense, chemical aroma too. Buds were the second largest of the 4, with similar structure to CS1. Very little support needed

CS4 is the variegated one. She burnt up good after the super drench, and high temps I fought with. The buds did not burn, and are the strongest citrus smell of the 4. So strong I couldn’t smell anything else! She was a bitch to trim, as the buds had many elongated “mini fox tails” emerging in all directions. I had to use the very tip of the clippers to get in there. Maybe this was from the heat, idk. We will see next time if she passes the smoke test. She was the most floppy of the bunch, and needed the cage and tie wraps.

Phew....that made some room in the garden for the others to spread out. Into the filtered drying tent. I set the humidistat to 57 %rh initially, then will up it to 59%rh tonight, with a 3% +/- swing. Temps in there are 68-72*f. They will stay in there for 7 days, then into the cure jars at 62%rh

Take care
That Headband og really is greasy, nice job.

Ok it’s been while, and I’m back after vacation. The garden survived :cheer: nothing is wilted, so happy!

Here is a quick overview of the girls at flip 31. Just gave them their first cat drench, and I went on the light side. This 3rd run soil is potent, and I suspect the ideal ratios are off a bit, due to my previous year learning curve. This is the last run of this soil, I have fresh soil cooking. I can see the very tips of leaves burnt on Genius, and Golden Pineapple is a nice lush green. The other three appear to want more, as they are showing some fade, so I gave them a bit more of the Cat drench, but still on the light side. I’ll prob hit them with a destress foliar tonight, just to help them through this mid-bloom fade. Bubba Kush is starting to turn purple on the margins of the sun leaves.

Golden pineapple smells the most right now, a strong sweet, sour pineapple, fruity scent. Very pleasant!

Gonna sample some of the Chem Stars tonight. Cure is not done, but good enough to test. I’ll report what I find

Take care

Ok it’s been while, and I’m back after vacation. The garden survived :cheer: nothing is wilted, so happy!

Here is a quick overview of the girls at flip 31. Just gave them their first cat drench, and I went on the light side. This 3rd run soil is potent, and I suspect the ideal ratios are off a bit, due to my previous year learning curve. This is the last run of this soil, I have fresh soil cooking. I can see the very tips of leaves burnt on Genius, and Golden Pineapple is a nice lush green. The other three appear to want more, as they are showing some fade, so I gave them a bit more of the Cat drench, but still on the light side. I’ll prob hit them with a destress foliar tonight, just to help them through this mid-bloom fade. Bubba Kush is starting to turn purple on the margins of the sun leaves.

Golden pineapple smells the most right now, a strong sweet, sour pineapple, fruity scent. Very pleasant!

Gonna sample some of the Chem Stars tonight. Cure is not done, but good enough to test. I’ll report what I find

Take care
Looking strong at day 31 after flip! I was trying to remember who was running genius, recently listened to a podcast with Mr. soul and he talked about this strain and the name origin, pretty cool.

Looking strong at day 31 after flip! I was trying to remember who was running genius, recently listened to a podcast with Mr. soul and he talked about this strain and the name origin, pretty cool.
Cool, what did he say about the origin?

Looking great Dopy! I hope you had a great vacation!

Thanks Ween!

:passitleft:

Hey gang, little update

First, the Mrs and I tested a chem star #1...
Very spicy, cloves and licorice on the nose. I like to hit the joint unlit at first sampling. I tasted a spicy menthol with a hint of citrus. I think it could be better, and may run this again to see how she does in first run soil, as the buds were huge, easy to trim.

In the garden,
I’m not gonna do a second Cat on these ones. There’s a over abundance of nitrogen in the soil. With this very hot 3rd run soil, I should not have added the EWC with recharge amendment. The leaves are clawing, and tips are burning more. Next water will be tomorrow, and I’ll give them a good flush.

They are still cranking, but I hope I can stay on top of this. No big deal, i have all my clones, Have some first run soil cooking, and some Ace genetics ready to go, maybe soon.

Have a good one!

That bud looks tasty! :high-five:

Thanks Ween!

Oh and I forgot to mention the effects of the Chem Star #1. It makes you very forgetful...lol...no that’s just how I am! We both felt a strong body buzz, very aware of your body, and how it moves. I found myself hyper-focusing after 30 mins on the wonder of how my knee works and supports me. :rofl: After that my attention was pinpointed to a book on old muscle cars I’m reading, really intense concentration. I love that type of high, may be great at a concert. I’ll see what the others do in the coming days.

Take care

It’s been a while and I’m ready for an update!

Adjusting RH to 60% and giving straight h2o seems to have halted the tip burn from progressing.

Golden pineapple is giving off crazy fruit terpenoids, carbon filter can not keep up!
This one has got my attention. She’s has minor leaf burn, but is cranking. She likes water every 3-4 days

Genius is right up there with the terps also, a earthy, sour fruit, with a hint of citrus hits my nose upon examination. She’s gonna ripen quick from her appearance. She suffered the most with the burnt leaf tips, obviously much more sensitive than the others to the hot 3rd run soil I over amended with EWC at recharge time. But she is a trooper.

Jalalabad Star is an interesting pungent plant with greasy buds that have a yellowish tinge to them. Very fuely smell with some sweetness as well, she is starting to ripen

Bubba Kush

Strong and stout plant, starting to turn colors, with short dense frosty buds, with a mild hashy smell to thematic this point.

And Schrom....
What a monster, I did not cage her and she is uprooting and tipping over. I staked her after these photos. Her buds are big, and pungent with citrus lemon/ lime notes. Definitely a big producer.

Of all the Chem Star phenos I grew, we decided to keep two for now. #3 was our fav, with a nice fuel terpenoid mixed with citrus. Great combination. The high is powerful body numbing at first, then after 15mins settles to a nice pain free feeling. My head stayed quite clear, with my thoughts highly focused, and able to speak and articulate observations effortlessly.

Chem Star #1 I kept as well for now. At first we did not like it. It smelled like burnt rubber at the end of the grow, but has cured into a super sticky tacky diesel grease bud, profuse diesel smell, with black licorice rubber notes on top. The smoke is thick and resinous. The high is very similar to #3 above. I need to see what others think in a smoke test.

Well that’s it for now

Later alligators

Your descriptions have my mouth watering.

I don't know how you did it but some of the pics the plants seem to put off this Aurora like it's glowing, good stuff :passitleft:.
Thanks killer! That’s my shaky hand, makes the bud streak in some of the shots. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom