Dr. Cannabi's Kali Mist - DIY Organic Soil - Medical Grow & Show

Hi CC,
I've had better potency since I started top dressing with roots organics 0-12-0 sea bird guano granule. I top dress with 1/2 cup in a 10 gallon fabric pot @ weeks 3 and 5 of flower for 8-10 week strains and weeks 3, 5, and 7 for 11+ week strains. I also top dress with EWC between each application.

Try that next time along with your AACT applications. It's a winner for me and it's super cheap lol.:thumb:

Hey there Doc!

No tills are right awesome for reducing veg time, buffering moisture and nutrient levels, as well as for huge massive root systems and larger microbial populations, so I'm excited for us, big time. You look like you're yielding heavily already but saving some time, tea and water might interest you..

Myself, I've decided to go with a few ~18 gallon wooden DIY square no-till pots on wheels with fabric breathing slits, much like the DIY bed..
Same concept but just a bit deeper, and less wide.

My theory behind these two styles is that clones don't form tap roots like seedlings, so the 3 foot wide 45 gallon bed will be for clones, as their roots shoot straight sideways, therefore it is only 12-13" deep.. Whereas from seed plants will be given deeper, less wide no till beds, or NTBs.

As for Swapping out of a NTB I like to cut the stem about 6 inches above soil line and allow to sit for a few days to a week if it is too thick to cut with scissors. If it was a sea and the stems are thin, then no need to delay. Bury your scissors or garden shears and cut the main (thin) stem and plant a new clone. Fr bigger girls most guys will let the stem sit til it topples with ease (decomposition complete (enough)).

Some guys have quite extensive regimes in between crops but that's cause they let it sit for weeks. If immediately re-entering into the no till the only issue is the large pithy stem blocking your path..

My theory is that you can break the roots down and their myco fungi extensions, and extract the nutrients, or you can embrace them and their far reaching, water searching potential, depending what your soil is like.. Healthier the soil and less amending needed then I would say feel free to get in there as fast as possible with no other tricks needed (cover cropping, layering, AACTs, sst's, etc.)

This is why I'm going with the big size, its higher self-suffieciency and efficiency allows you to eliminate these in-between steps imo.. Not that a cover crop or tea won't be in the picture anyway, its just not a necessity to do prior to replanting, so that's huge don't you think?

That's all I got for now, bud, but as my game develops with this style I'll be happy to share more..
What's your highest yielding favourite strain to train though, meanwhile ..
Can't wait to bring some new genetics in house to go with this Gravy Train and GreenSpirit, something serious.
Give us your best recommendation doc!!!
Much respect,
DonTe

Hi CC,
I've had better potency since I started top dressing with roots organics 0-12-0 sea bird guano granule. I top dress with 1/2 cup in a 10 gallon fabric pot @ weeks 3 and 5 of flower for 8-10 week strains and weeks 3, 5, and 7 for 11+ week strains. I also top dress with EWC between each application.

Try that next time along with your AACT applications. It's a winner for me and it's super cheap lol.:thumb:

I'll have to keep it in mind!

Awesome post DonTe! Can't wait to see the pics of those 18 gal NTBs. I'm seriously interested in them. It makes a lot of sense to me to grow in NTBs.

My favorite plant to train and grow is not a great yielder but it is my favorite weed of all times. OGR WiFi. It's the cream of the crop as far as I'm concerned. I would smoke nothing else if it didn't turn me in to a statue lol.

For big yields, haze hybrids are amazing. My last two plants were GHS super lemon haze and RD moonshine haze. Those cropped at around 1/2 lb each dry weight.

They are both great highs but I can't stand the taste of the SLH. It's fantastic for extraction though. Makes some of the best butter and oil I've had.

The MSH would be hard to beat for the triple threat. flavor, potency, and high. I have 7 strains in jars and the only 2 I'm using daily are the WiFi and the MSH. Those two you can't go wrong with.

My buddy gave me jar of his favorite weed on Monday. I tried it three times before I chucked it in my edibles bin. It was a great high but again, I'm looking for much more than a high.

BTW, MSH is Scott Reech's (spelling) favorite daily smoke as well. He is the owner and founder of rare dankness. He's grown and bred more plants than I can even begin to comprehend.

As we all know, favorite strains are highly subjective. So please take my advice with a pound of salt.

Happy Friday to you too Hunga, I'm going to try and get out of here at a decent hour so I can catch the Mariner game whilst enjoying an IPA and some mmj with Mrscannabi. That is my favorite thing to do on a Friday night.

Happy Friday to you too Hunga, I'm going to try and get out of here at a decent hour so I can catch the Mariner game whilst enjoying an IPA and some mmj with Mrscannabi. That is my favorite thing to do on a Friday night.

Sounds like a great Friday night, Dr. Quality time is priceless!

Hiya Doc!i copied Ur clone technic and yes it work 100% (on this photo 1 picked and a few cutted clone)picked has 1st time roots !!!
rsz_imgp1507.jpg
:)
THX
:Namaste:

I've been thinking of roller-vscrog project for indoors recently and came across the strain Flo that I thought might be a good one because it is a super-cropper. Anybody grown Flo, or know much about it? Any other super-croppers?

Also, The Engineer has a pretty cool list of old-school sativas.
Stay cool

Hi Ranger,

The FLO is supposed to be a real winner. COorganics said it's one of his favorite sativas. I'd ask him for the details. In general DJ short had a great rep and his beans usually sell it pretty quick. They are on the higher end of the cost factor though.

In general I think anything of medium height is easiest for me to super crop. :Namaste:

Hiya Doc!i copied Ur clone technic and yes it work 100% (on this photo 1 picked and a few cutted clone)picked has 1st time roots !!!
rsz_imgp1507.jpg
:)
THX

Awesome Hunga,

Thanks for testing that out. I think it's just crazy. Throw away all the razors and scissors. Just pinch your cuttings and float them on a bubbler.

Did you pinch any others or just the one? I see the ones you cut don't show any signs rooting yet?

:thumb:

Hi Doc! only i pinched this 1 but this weekend i'll make 2 groups 1 and 1 each(pinched,cutted)2 of that cutted has lil roots too but the pinched rooted 24 hours before ....:) so test 2.0 soon
:passitleft:

Really looking forward to those results Hunga. How long did it take for the roots to show? I saw my first little roots at 5 days. I changed out the solution and within 5 more days it was a plantable cutting.

:high-five: my rootz also showed on day 5 :) first 3 day i mixed RO water 0,7l 1,5 tsp Clonex mist , then i changed to
AN sensi grow+B52+Voodoo Juice+Piranha+Carboload ~ 150 uS/cm(no measured :rofl:)no rooting hormones.

oh i cutted 2 of them on 9/4/15 used hand made hormon :):):) up right this rooted on day 4 :cheer:
Have a nice day Doc!
:passitleft::passitleft::Namaste:

:high-five: my rootz also showed on day 5 :) first 3 day i mixed RO water 0,7l 1,5 tsp Clonex mist , then i changed to
AN sensi grow+B52+Voodoo Juice+Piranha+Carboload ~ 150 uS/cm(no measured :rofl:)no rooting hormones.

oh i cutted 2 of them on 9/4/15 used hand made hormon :):):) up right this rooted on day 4 :cheer:
Have a nice day Doc!
:passitleft::passitleft::Namaste:

Wow! I think we're on to something Hunga. What is that white thing you put the cuttings in? Did it hold the cuts up without support? Also, what size of container did you float them in?

Best of days to you my friend! :)

Thanks LA, I'm really liking the start of this day my friend. Should have my replacement panel in the mail soon. Then it's full on GOD 1200 mode. :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom