Dresney's First Grow - Organic - Indoor - GDP - Trainwreck

Re: Dresney's First Grow - Organic/Indoor - GDP, Trainwreck

And sheesh, tonight is the first time since my plants have been going that I've actually stayed up long enough to see the timer switch the lights to dark. (Going dark from 2am-8am.) It didn't happen until 2:18am! Now I feel like I need to wake up by 8:00am to make sure they're staying off for at least 6 hours!

Not to worry about the timer, its hard to set the old dial timers properly (I hope thats what your using). Because you use the dial to set the time its not exact by any means, but it will stay off or on for the set amount of time you want(6 hrs). I set my lights to turn off at 9am but they actually turn off at 9:12
I have a mechanical timer and it seems that there are only 2 lines per hour - one on the hour and one between. This 0:18 switch surprised me, but I'm not sure if I should be worried by it.
I see my whole gang has already subbed. Your my baby's god-mother so not only is it an honor & privilege but it's mandatory that I'm subbed.
As far as the mechanical timers go you just have to fine tune it. Being that they work in 15 min intervals, you can program it at least as close as 2 mins to the hr. For the first couple days you might have to be awake when it pops on & off. If its a minute or 2 early you can unplug it for a minute or 2.
Welcome to the gang... :nicethread:

IMG_20130916_131241.jpg

I see my whole gang has already subbed. Your my baby's god-mother so not only is it an honor & privilege but it's mandatory that I'm subbed.
As far as the mechanical timers go you just have to fine tune it. Being that they work in 15 min intervals, you can program it at least as close as 2 mins to the hr. For the first couple days you might have to be awake when it pops on & off. If its a minute or 2 early you can unplug it for a minute or 2.
Welcome to the gang... :nicethread:

Yay, I'm so glad to see you here, Reg. Now I know the party is really getting started :partyboy:

I'm going to make a whole-hearted attempt to get my lazy butt out of bed by 8am tomorrow to see what happens, but I think the last time I saw a sunrise I hadn't gone to bed yet. :rollingeyes: I guess I could set an alarm - my green babes are worth it :love:

And speaking of my namesake, I'm going to pop over to your thread right now :;):

It's sad that I know what and who your talking about, What can I say the wife loves the show :smokin:

Hey, the first few seasons were good! The last couple have been lacking in storyline, admittedly. There were a couple scenes in the first season or so that I'd watch over... and over... and over again, if you know what I mean :;):

And thanks for joining, Harley! I will check out Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, for sure. Thanks for the recommendation. I think White Widow will be one of the next seeds I try popping - all the positive feedback has convinced me.

Happy tokes to everyone on this lovely Friedday! :bigtoke::circle-of-love:

WW, He he! Just popped my first ever! Not sure what took me so long to get round to the strain that I love so much lol. Gonna Waffle the hell out of her!

I'll be there taking notes. I'm definitely a fan of your work, although my eyes bulged :whoa: a little when I saw your latest fluxing progress! What doesn't kill 'em, makes 'em stronger is proving true :bravo:

Hey, guys :ciao: No changes for me, but I did spy a lonely soul who has some setup questions in his journal, but no subscribers yet. If any of you have some time could you please pop over to his journal and give him any information I missed or messed up on.

I tried, but I'm a wee green lass myself. :thanks::circle-of-love::love::love::love:

Hey, guys :ciao: No changes for me, but I did spy a lonely soul who has some setup questions in his journal, but no subscribers yet. If any of you have some time could you please pop over to his journal and give him any information I missed or messed up on.

I tried, but I'm a wee green lass myself. :thanks::circle-of-love::love::love::love:

I'ma pop by for a browse :)

Poped by DFarmer and subbed up.A few vet's already there,so I think he'll be good.:blunt:

Happy Saturday, all :partyboy:

Firstly, big thanks to Danklover, Jimmy6k, Mono and Stealth for taking a look at Dvillefarmer's journal. +reps

And welcome, VictorVonDoom, very pleased to have you join!

Now for my grow... I came downstairs to check on my babes this morning, and I swear there was a Gojira-sized fly on my Trainwreck sprout! (I really need to figure out some proper names for them.) Okok, it was actually smaller than a regular housefly, but on my little babe's wing it looked huge! :whoa: I'm not sure what species it was, and I'm hoping it was just passing by (I can't handle bugs this early on in the grow - I'd be heartbroken :rollingeyes:). I tried to grab it but only succeeded it burying it down in the soil. So I buried it some more and hopefully it'll die down there in the darkness and that will be the end of it!

Other than that everything is still running smoothly - knocking on some fake particle board wood.

Here is GDP today - 6 days since sprout.

GDP124.JPG

Here is Trainwreck - 6 days since sprout

Trainwreck110.JPG

Here you can see her leaves are wider than her stem is tall - she's short and stout.

Trainwreckspread.JPG

Right now my gauge is reading 45% RH (24 hour high/low = 56/43) and 75°F (77/68). I've been watering them a little bit every couple days. I haven't been keeping track of it, but they seem happy. I probably won't water them again until tomorrow.

Also, if anyone has any fun name ideas I'd love to hear them. GDP was a regular seed, so it may turn out to be a boy. Trainwreck was a feminized seed, so hopefully she doesn't suffer a sexual identity crisis or anything.

Thanks for visiting my journal today! It means so much to me! :circle-of-love:

Good afternoon Dresney.I to awoke just the other morning to a fly sitting on my new Chocolate Fondu seedling.It did not appear to hurt her much,but still do not like it.I think my fly was there longer then your's,because it left a present.
016442.JPG
017398.JPG
Thank you for the rep's.You are very kind.Jimmy6K:smokin:

Yikes, Jimmy! :thedoubletake: You need a teeny-tiny tissue for that babe :laugh:

And thanks, Mono - much appreciated! I must admit though, the only thing I'm keeping up with is leaving them alone. :laughtwo: To appease my itchy fingers, I blow on them several times a day. LOL I figure I'm giving them some CO₂ and strengthening their stems. :goof:

Someday I'm going to get through an entire post without using a smiley.

sub'd,

cfls work well for young plants, keeps them short and bushy, so along for the ride to see how they do,
i tried growing gdp a few times but each one turned out male, lets hope i got all the males and gave you a better chance of having a female

Yay, I'm honored to have you along, Donpaul. I've read many of your wise words all over this site. In fact, I have an MJ file on my desktop with quite a few of your posts saved. (I haven't tried to figure out the blog deal yet.)

I'm crossing my fingers and toes for a GDP female. I'd be bummed if my first ever sprout ended up being male. But if so, maybe I'd save some pollen just for a souvenir. Either way, thanks for taking a few of the males out of the world to increase my odds :high-five:

Back
Top Bottom