First (Closet) Grow, GDP Hermie Seeds!

Yeah Boss, 2tbsp/gal during veg, 1tbsp/gal during flowering. Here's a scan of the schedule I picked up at the hydro store, it's exactly the same as the website's pdf schedule

FFFS2.jpg

As for the ph, I'm gonna have to wait until I collect enough change from under the couch to get a reader. I fed them lightly today, and the deformed one seems to be trying to even itself back out a little. We'll see what happens :smokin:

KMart has an Electronic Soil Tester that also checks pH for $18.99 from Ferry-Morse Seed Company. I bought one, but haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for the tip Herb! I don't know why I assumed they would be expensive. Will look for one next time I hit the stores.
Will do Berry, thanks for the props! The GrowBig is done for now until Week 7 and then they'll be started off with 1tsp/gal to be easy.
I got a jar of Open Sesame today, and I'll start off with 1/4tsp per gal the next time the plants get fed, which should be Monday morning. I topped the deformed-leaf plant along with the tallest one about 2 days ago, and everything seems to be going great. I took pics today, and noticed Edit: Primordia! I just read it's a common misconception that plants need to be forced into flowering for any pre-flowers to appear. They usually appear after 5 weeks of vegetative growth no matter what light cycle.

Feb-02-08_015420mag.jpg

The other topped plant

Feb-02-08_001420mag.jpg

Group shot

Feb-02-08_020420mag.jpg

you going to be doing any super cropping? the plants look fantastic btw

This grow will have good results. The uniform height will make it easy to move plants whare they need to be to keep them even sized and control over light depth. They look very healthy. You didn't mix any words when you topped those suckers did you :)

I am curious, when you top like that, is it best to angle the cut?

I'm not sure, I just hosed down some mediocre scissors I had lying around with alcohol, let them dry real quick and made the cut.

I was just checking out janjaweed's SourDiesel/GDP/Royal Orange etc. grow that I found on here last year as a visitor when I was looking up pictures of Granddaddy P (used to pick it up all the time at Nature's Medicinal & American Caregivers when they were still here in lalaland), that grow really helped inspire me to do it myself. Too bad dude left.

On another random side note, a couple weeks ago I was reading in "Grow Great Marijuana" by Logan Edwards that the seeds from a plant that has been pollinated by itself exhibit isolated traits. That's the way it seems with my plants since the tallest one shot past everyone in growth and has absolutely no purple in it just like Big Bud, and the shortest one is a slow vegger and has a lot of purple, just like Urkle. Cool.

Week 1 of flowering just finished, and its looking like I have 3 females/1 hermaphrodite... hopefully no pollen sacks pop up later...

420magFebruary-16-08_004.jpg

420magFebruary-16-08_019.jpg

420magFebruary-16-08_001.jpg

Below is the tallest plant that was topped earlier in the thread. May anyone please confirm this asshole is a hermaphrodite so I can toss him? I can't seem to do it without a second opinion from you guys :smokin:

420magFebruary-16-08_017.jpg

420magFebruary-16-08_010.jpg

in my experience, pollen sacs on female plants tend to only pass x-chromosomes. the offspring being "feminized". since these sacs have no y-chromosome pollen they cannot technically be called hermaphrodites. although a room full of pollinated weed is a disaster, stessing females to produce pollen sacs gets you handfulls of feminized seed. in this way a small room can yield thousands.

well its your call man, let the room get pollenized for female seeds or or pull the seeds out for seedless smoke.:cheesygrinsmiley: looking good though man. i love the topping pic.:cheesygrinsmiley::bong:

I thought the female actually produced a seed that was female because there was no male to pollinate it. That's why they call them feminized.

If there are male sacs, on female plants, it will seed the females just like a male. But I don't know if they seed all females, I was under the impression that they did not.

a pollen sac on a female is how you get feminized seed. in the past people tossed these seeds believing that at least 10% would be "hermi". science has since proven that true hermaphrodism does not exist in marijuana since the supposed "hermis" contained no male chromosomes.

Back
Top Bottom