First (Closet) Grow, GDP Hermie Seeds!

you need pollen and a female flower to produce a seed . pollen is normally xy. flowers are xx. female plants only possess female chromosomes. pollen from female plants are xx. the result can only be female or females that can produce pollen sacs under stressfull conditions. when this trait becomes dom , the slightest stress can trigger pollination.

nature is mysterious boss.

some growers i know claim to have had "demon" seeds. having formed without being pollinated. pollen sacs can hide deep within a bud and upon opening only pollinate one or two calyxes. so i am always suspicious. once again , the difference between a male plant in flower with pollen sacs and a female in flower with pollen sacs is the male is xy and the female is xx . with xx pollen you can only get xx plants. feminized. you want to do this via stressing the shit out of a female. because if they do this volintarily , it is obviously an undesirable trait. who wants autopollinators? any seeds formed from plants that volintarily self pollinate are also likely to do the same.

Very nice grow! One thing you can do if you have the space is to isolate the plant with the male flowers under a flouro, then bring a female plant to (s)him and pollinate a branch or two. Keep her isolated for a day then mist her foliage with water and return her to the grow room. Collect the female seeds at harvest. + rep.

some growers i know claim to have had "demon" seeds. having formed without being pollinated. pollen sacs can hide deep within a bud and upon opening only pollinate one or two calyxes. so i am always suspicious. once again , the difference between a male plant in flower with pollen sacs and a female in flower with pollen sacs is the male is xy and the female is xx . with xx pollen you can only get xx plants. feminized. you want to do this via stressing the shit out of a female. because if they do this volintarily , it is obviously an undesirable trait. who wants autopollinators? any seeds formed from plants that volintarily self pollinate are also likely to do the same.

Makes lots of sense, but doesent seem like they would turn out to be as strong of plants than others.

I'm going to try & find out if there's any more of the weed that I got the seed from going around so I can take a picture and post for you guys to see. I would find 20+/- seeds per half-oz, all hidden deep within in the bud.
Out of all the seeds there were no 100% males. I'm doubting I'll even have any 100% females in the long run, but I'm totally cool with that as long as I still get excellent smoke with seeds here and there just like the original product.
I can't wait for the next grow, MAN!! I'm thinking some DJ or Reservoir seeds, Autopots, LightWarrior with hydroton on top... it's already sounding like a solid combo. Boner.

if a plant voluntarily self pollinates , it will produce offspring that wish to do the same. if you force it to self pollinate , it will produce feminized seed.

it's actually a bonus to sparcely pollinate weed . pollinated pot has a higher thc content than an unpollinated cutting from the same plant.

it's actually a bonus to sparcely pollinate weed . pollinated pot has a higher thc content than an unpollinated cutting from the same plant.

Actually, this is not true, i do believe. When a plant produces seeds, they are not as potent as plants that do not...thats why sinsmellia is better(or however you spell it)

i think its a matter of strain. and the actual level of cannabinoids in the plant.i would imagine though, that some of the plants energy is converted into producing seeds thus taking away from the production of cannabinoids. i could be and prolly am wrong, but it just depends on how you grow it and the strain you are growing.:cheesygrinsmiley:

I think he means this:

The buds on the lightly pollinated plant will be stronger(Higher THC Content) then the same bud on the same plant un-pollinated. I don't think he means the seeded buds, he means the un-seeded pollinated plant buds.

I hope. :)

He is correct. A pollinated female bud without seeds would be closer to the top of the plant for starters, the higher up, the more potent. Secondly she is a new mother, and the need to get sticky and smell sweet to the animals and bugs, makes her produce just that much more.

ahh i see. well of course because the pollen is pretty much like sprinkling TCH on the buds.:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom