Fluxing NL x BB

Thanks MF, so glad I subbed in early. I'll be learning a ton from you. This is such a blast, eh?

This is such a cool thread. I love the "fluxing" concept. I want to try it soon.... Possibly a BeP flux? Can you do this with clones as well? Or just seeds?

Day 57 from seed.

Plant no.1 looks well on track but outgrowing its boundary.

20141108_133402.jpg

Plant no.2 a little behind but coming along nicely.

20141108_124618.jpg

Plant no.3 a long way behind but looking comfortable.

20141108_124604.jpg

These 3 plants are currently under a Mars II 1200W on a 20/4 light regime.

Welcome aboard Shawnee. The T you refer to is created by pulling the branches down from the main stem once you have two separate branches which you would create by topping the plant early on. Once the seed gets to a stage where there are two new growths coming out on opposite sides of the stem, you top the plant and allow the two new shoots that should be at the same height to grow at least an inch before pulling them down and then tether them down. This will create your T. Allow the two arms to grow and then as new shoots come out of them you tether them down as you did the T. Keep the tethered arms at the same level all the while. The two main arms are left to grow out meaning extending the top of your T. Do not top the Ts arms. Keep the growing tips of your Ts arms slightly higher than the rest of the plant to allow them to keep stretching and allow more arms.

I hope this is clear but please ask away if not. I'm still learning it myself.

THIS is what I needed. A simple Fluxing For Dummies for description!

A couple of things I do is once limbs know where they're going a bit I loosen the tethers some so the fan can buffet the limbs and fatten them up. Also I use crushing of the limbs and bending etc to bruise them up, again to fatten limb structure up. Better structure early on for bigger buds!

Okay, I understand. I will get looking tomorrow at what I can do. Thanks for the help Boss :circle-of-love:

You're cooking on gas, brother :thumb:

Thanks bruv. Although I'm a learner in this technique, I'm trying not to let the side down.

I reckon by the time plant no.3 gets to a size where I can start flowering, plant no.1 will have outgrown its pot. I think a bigger pot is in order for that one. I think this technique makes me more intimate with the plants as I need to spend more time on them which is no bad thing.

You're right there mate, you do spend a lot of time with them & it's a great experience :)

I'm still undecided about what to do with plant no.1. I can't make my mind up whether to steer her around the pot or go for a bigger pot. The trouble with a bigger pot is that you don't get much more diameter for training and the trouble with steering her around the pot is over-crowding. Steering her around the pot means removing the outer arms that would otherwise hang over the pot and just leave inner facing arms. Jeez, now I've got a headache lol.

Any ideas?

OK firstly your ok for a while, I let the ends of the flux arms go over the edge by a few inches. Then remember your topping the ends once at the right length. Then as the 2 new points from the topping grow out your other limbs grow out to give more space for colas. Also remember your bending some of the limbs in the center and some at each end, back into the plant for an even fill and spacing.

If your concerned we have a cure! :) Check my big fluxing thread; Flux central. Work back looking at BAR's flux. He invented a solce for this. He worked the ends down the outside of rhe pot, then back up! :) :) check it out and it should solve your issues! :)

Oh and lol, this is a simpler style time and effort wise compared to my old Tutt style. That was really up close and personal with the plant!

OK firstly your ok for a while, I let the ends of the flux arms go over the edge by a few inches. Then remember your topping the ends once at the right length. Then as the 2 new points from the topping grow out your other limbs grow out to give more space for colas. Also remember your bending some of the limbs in the center and some at each end, back into the plant for an even fill and spacing.

If your concerned we have a cure! :) Check my big fluxing thread; Flux central. Work back looking at BAR's flux. He invented a solce for this. He worked the ends down the outside of rhe pot, then back up! :) :) check it out and it should solve your issues! :)

Oh and lol, this is a simpler style time and effort wise compared to my old Tutt style. That was really up close and personal with the plant!

Thanks LA, I shall get into your thread again and do my homework.

Update time.

Plant no.1

20141117_191928.jpg

Plant no.2

20141117_191939.jpg

Plant no.3

20141117_191944.jpg

As you can see there has been lots of growth since the last update and plant no.1 has just gone mad whilst I was away for a couple of days. She's under control now and the extra growth is going to be steered around the pot with only outward facing arms left on. Plants 2 & 3 are well established now so I expect their growth to be quite fast too now.

They are back under a 4 tube T5 and have a whole tent for themselves.

Plant no.4 which I snapped one arm off of is still going well in a normal kind of manner and has been topped to create 8 arms. I am thinking of Fluxing her in a slightly different way whereby the 8 arms go out from the centre like on the Union Jack flag and then the arms are fluxed out of the 8 main stems. I'm waiting on the 'Night Queens' to finish flowering to give plant no.4 its own tent for this purpose.

Back
Top Bottom