Fluxing NL x BB

Me again.

How old are they now? I very intrigued on the Flux technique. I noticed your stalk is nice and fat. At what age did you start trimming and bending?

Lol no trimming as such, I top at third node normally as its developed enough to carry the flux! :)

Anyone interested in a quick reference please check the quick guide to fluxing in my sig below! :)
:thumb:

I got some pictures and need some advice please guys. I have abandoned the GLR as the tent I'm using will be off-site soon so these girls will have to go in another tent with some autos on 20/4 under a Budmaster II 675 XG LED. They are currently under a 4 tube T5.

Plant No.1

20141021_173103.jpg

20141021_173111.jpg
20141021_173136.jpg

Are things looking okay? What should I do with the new growth coming out?

Plant No.2

20141021_173206.jpg

Plant No.3. She has twisted her main stem in an effort to break free from her shackles.

20141021_173213.jpg

Plant No.4. She got snapped on one side when I tried to move her right arm.

20141021_173232.jpg
20141021_173254_0_.jpg

Is she still workable with what I have left as there are 2 new shoots coming along?

Looking good, bar your accidents :) all you need to do is keep opening the new growth at the ends to keep the internode spacing tight, remove any under & over fan leaves & growth shoots as you just want the side facing shoots to become arms :) Your snapped one might be workable so bare with it :)

Okay, I haven't given up, I've just been waiting on things to happen. I have some shots of plants 1-3 in various stages of growth.

Plant No.1

20141101_103726.jpg

Plant No.2

20141101_103751.jpg

Plant No.3

20141101_103800.jpg

How are things looking my training buddies? I think I have got the idea right on plant no.1 but need confirmation. There is plenty of time for vegging so the others will catch up at some point.

Thanks Paddy. I am interested in getting it right first time so have allowed myself as much time as is necessary for vegging. I have not created any schedule for other plants to allow me to get it right and not have to cut growing short because I need tent space. If I get half what LightAddict got then I would be a very happy man. They are currently on a 20/4 light cycle in a tent with 3 Autos in DWC which are doing very well. I'm still only using water to feed.

Looking really good :) you have it down from what I can see. Just keep opening up the flux arm end tips, just to promote more limbs in less space! :)
I also flex and bruise up the lesser limbs whilst in veg to promote strong structure!

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I just wish they would grow faster so I can do more. I used them green gardening sticks to hold plant no.1 down as she is fighting me all the way. She wants up and I want along. There's only one winner there.

Hello MedFarmer,

I would love to sub in if you will have me. Fluxing is very intriguing. When Skunny and LA say "Make a T" what are they referring to: the plant stem as the base of the T and the wire as the top of the T?

Also, as the inner nodes start developing on the 2 arms, do you still cut out the middle growth like you did on the 2 original arms?

I have read LA's journal and guidebook, but still trying to become familiar with the terms and wrap my head around this whole concept.

Welcome aboard Shawnee. The T you refer to is created by pulling the branches down from the main stem once you have two separate branches which you would create by topping the plant early on. Once the seed gets to a stage where there are two new growths coming out on opposite sides of the stem, you top the plant and allow the two new shoots that should be at the same height to grow at least an inch before pulling them down and then tether them down. This will create your T. Allow the two arms to grow and then as new shoots come out of them you tether them down as you did the T. Keep the tethered arms at the same level all the while. The two main arms are left to grow out meaning extending the top of your T. Do not top the Ts arms. Keep the growing tips of your Ts arms slightly higher than the rest of the plant to allow them to keep stretching and allow more arms.

I hope this is clear but please ask away if not. I'm still learning it myself.

Back
Top Bottom