Gardenfaerie Outdoor Organic Summer 2014 Flux and LST in Ground

Gosh, so much comes into play with growing outside. I have been finding it is not only the day length, but the sun intensity. The entire month of June we had cloudy days. I think if all of June was full sunny all day the plants never would have triggered. So, I think in addition to moving them out into a different day length, they also did not have adequate spectrum, even though I know light waves do get through clouds, but it is incomplete when it is thick clouds.

Something I may experiment with next spring is to start everything in the greenhouse. The minute the sun is headed back up in the sky in March, start them up in there by seed. See how that plays out. The sun is the ultimate grow light, but you have no control if a cloud gets in the way for a month and a half. It is still not fully sunny all day and on top of that we have this huge dust cloud from Africa killing us.

Is anyone else in the way of this dust crap? I have all the HEPA filters cranking and Mark loves how loud they are when we watch tv at night! NOT.

Update or something like it:

The spoils. The photo of my joints is terrible, but the best I could do at the time.

stuff21.jpg

stuff32.jpg

Ghetto start:
Lemon Kush clones, two are rooted. Clone with dome is not going to make it...? Seedlings are:
Strawberry Blue and Money Maker, both indica dominant. I'll start a journal for those soon.
I made little flags like Fifi. I love those little stupid things!

new417.jpg

new324.jpg

new231.jpg

new138.jpg

I will take photos of the outdoor grow tomorrow. It is so bad out there you just die when you open the door. It's over 100 now most of the day. It will stay this way for up to 60 days. We had over 60 days over 100 degree days for the last several summers with no sign of drought relief.

Nice journal Gardenfaerie!

I know I mentioned it already in my reply to you in my journal, but with the hot hot hot weather you have, next time try Earthboxes! You fill the reservoir (large one takes 3 gallons), and the box has a plastic cover to go over the soil, which helps keep the moisture in! They only need water every three days (you can see to the bottom of the box so you know when your out of water). My plants in them are the healthiest I have ever grown :)

I think I will join you Lady.

:passitleft:
:passitleft::dreamy: puff, puff, pass

Nice journal Gardenfaerie!

I know I mentioned it already in my reply to you in my journal, but with the hot hot hot weather you have, next time try Earthboxes! You fill the reservoir (large one takes 3 gallons), and the box has a plastic cover to go over the soil, which helps keep the moisture in! They only need water every three days (you can see to the bottom of the box so you know when your out of water). My plants in them are the healthiest I have ever grown :)
Pearl, you're the 2nd member I've heard say their bottom feed plants are the healthiest they've ever grown. It's time to re-negotiate my feeding techniques.

Thank you, Pearl.

Interesting. I wonder if it is the evenly moist soil you get with the feeder tube? They have a very good reputation unlike that tomato bag piece of junk!

Not that they are the same manufacturer...just saying.

You may not believe me, but I have only watered about 6 times since the end of May. That includes those containers, which are both 30 gallons of very rich soil with a lot of water holding capacity.

I also have plants I usually collect called Brugmansia. I had to stop with them because they needed water several times a day all summer. I was a prisoner to them. This Grow Box looks like it may get me up and running with that passion again. What did you find the best price to be for it?

In the close up of clone in 2nd pic, am i really seeing no growing points, or did the all damp off, if so that one is toast.

The clone in top middle looks like it make it, not sure about one under dome.

The MoneyMaker has gotten a lot of hype, the Flowerbomb Kush I have in nug of month from same breeder.

:passitleft::dreamy: puff, puff, pass

Pearl, you're the 2nd member I've heard say their bottom feed plants are the healthiest they've ever grown. It's time to re-negotiate my feeding techniques.

I even used the organic fertilizer and lime the Earthbox came with..............you put it in one layer in the middle of the soil, and then I fertilizer a gallon of water with specific pot fertilizers once a week and add it to the reservoir............I love it as this year no nute burn!

In the close up of clone in 2nd pic, am i really seeing no growing points, or did the all damp off, if so that one is toast.

The clone in top middle looks like it make it, not sure about one under dome.

The MoneyMaker has gotten a lot of hype, the Flowerbomb Kush I have in nug of month from same breeder.

I definitely agree about the MM. I don't really fancy the way the plant looks, truth be told. I wanted to see what it would do inside.
I have to order some seeds. I want to try a few more autos. I know I said never again, but I do all my "nevers" so I should never say never.

That one clone under the dome, forget her. She is not going to do it. I definitely have one clone with new growth which you saw, and the other has roots, but is not pushing up yet, but I see a teeney weeney nub of green. Remember, these were in flower so while they sent roots down, it is taking a while to push through the cuticle.

I'm okay if only one of them lives. Three plants is plenty. When I get my LED I can do more in my closet/grow room conversion.

Thank you, Pearl.

Interesting. I wonder if it is the evenly moist soil you get with the feeder tube? They have a very good reputation unlike that tomato bag piece of junk!

Not that they are the same manufacturer...just saying.

You may not believe me, but I have only watered about 6 times since the end of May. That includes those containers, which are both 30 gallons of very rich soil with a lot of water holding capacity.

I also have plants I usually collect called Brugmansia. I had to stop with them because they needed water several times a day all summer. I was a prisoner to them. This Grow Box looks like it may get me up and running with that passion again. What did you find the best price to be for it?

It seems evenly moist. I checked under the soil cover and it was all nice and damp:)

That is impressive that you have had to water so little!

So far you can only buy Earthboxes direct from their own website. I would do a coupon code search for them............every other month they offer a buy one get one free deal. There are some other brands with the same basic thing, but I can not attest to the quality of what they offer.

yes nice close ups, get to really see what going on...

Honestly I cant tell if those plants are trying to regrow or not, they obviously look like they tried to regrow after flowering at some point, but they may be going into flower again. Be interesting to see what happens, if i could take a guess, I would say they are trying to pop out new tops.

Last year when mine flowered then regrowed did not get nearly as far into flower as yours.

and why do you not like the look of the MM seedling? looks fine to me?

I think she's going to grow the entire season like trichome's fluxed plant.

Back
Top Bottom