Gavita 1000e Series - A Doc Bud Journal/Review

No, those are Grape Ape. I'll get some pics of Colombian next time. Very pretty.

Another thing I've noticed is that I'm getting about 20% less stretch under the Gavita's and zero bleached out tops, when compared to LED.
That makes sense. The diffusers used these days act as magnification for LED chips and can saturate photosynthesis receptors in leafs causing an overload and bleaching results. DE has upper hand at the moment. A few 800 watt solar storms could match it but it's 1600 true watts vs your 1150, in my book that's not a fair fight.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

If you HAD TO make a choice between gavitas and LED for the linlong run, which would you choose Doc?

2 cents:

I think Gavitas really require a room where height is not a concern. Most rooms I have been in do not qualify, or have poor result from low ceiling double-enders. I've been running mine at a minimum of 36" from the top on the 1150 settings. The manufacturer suggests 40", but I keep the tallest tops right in that range. I see some ppl trying to run this in lower ceilings with like 12-18" and it does not work. You get foxtailing, bleaching, burning, ugh....

For ppl with lower ceilings, I've been seeing some great results from teh 370w CMH's this past year, some ppl dont even run a/c with a couple of them and good ventilation.

Point: Where Doc is a sort of tester guy, I don't think that the LED and Gavita are in the same consideration when u are planning a build. One will fit your situation much better than the other, I should think. If you have height and a good a/c, the Gavita's a no brainer.

Great customer support and the equipment is gorgeous.

dang i think u owe me like 45c change or something...

2 cents:

I think Gavitas really require a room where height is not a concern. Most rooms I have been in do not qualify, or have poor result from low ceiling double-enders. I've been running mine at a minimum of 36" from the top on the 1150 settings. The manufacturer suggests 40", but I keep the tallest tops right in that range. I see some ppl trying to run this in lower ceilings with like 12-18" and it does not work. You get foxtailing, bleaching, burning, ugh....

For ppl with lower ceilings, I've been seeing some great results from teh 370w CMH's this past year, some ppl dont even run a/c with a couple of them and good ventilation.

Point: Where Doc is a sort of tester guy, I don't think that the LED and Gavita are in the same consideration when u are planning a build. One will fit your situation much better than the other, I should think. If you have height and a good a/c, the Gavita's a no brainer.

Great customer support and the equipment is gorgeous.

dang i think u owe me like 45c change or something...

Thanks for that BK! Yeah, I am planning to actually build a room with whatever height ceiling I want. My main concern is cost vs useable light and the ratios thereof. I know the LEDs cost more on start but require less cooling and grow fantastic weed (i use platinums right now). The gavitas cost less, require cooling and also grow fantastic weed! I guess im just looking for confirmation from a few top growers who have the LED vs gavita experience. I know Doc was one of the last of us kit users to jump on the LED bandwagon and now he's back to HID. If there are others like him I'd like to hear from them as well. Thanks again BK :)

Thanks for that BK! Yeah, I am planning to actually build a room with whatever height ceiling I want. My main concern is cost vs useable light and the ratios thereof. I know the LEDs cost more on start but require less cooling and grow fantastic weed (i use platinums right now). The gavitas cost less, require cooling and also grow fantastic weed! I guess im just looking for confirmation from a few top growers who have the LED vs gavita experience. I know Doc was one of the last of us kit users to jump on the LED bandwagon and now he's back to HID. If there are others like him I'd like to hear from them as well. Thanks again BK :)

anyone grow with a gravitas in center and 2 LEDS on slight angles?

My ceilings are 12 feet. The lights are hung on eye hooks which are sunk into the joists, as high as I can get them.

In my situation, Gavita all the way, no looking back, no regret, no hesitation.

However! If I had an 8 foot or lower ceiling, I'd probably opt for the LED's.

Did those fixtures come with the bulbs Doc and if they did, what name brand are they? Are different bulbs interchangeable without issue? That being said, I wonder what the best double ended bulb on the market is right now. I just looked to see if eye hortilux makes a DE, they dont.

Gearing up for the "real" run.

Tangerine, Grape Ape, Skywalker OG, BOG Sour Grape.

IMG_94943.JPG
IMG_94923.jpg
IMG_94913.JPG
IMG_94906.jpg
IMG_94885.JPG
IMG_94874.JPG
IMG_94861.JPG
IMG_94852.jpg

Back
Top Bottom