Go4snypr - Hydro Grow

I see what you mean with the death curl. Let's just tackle one problem at a time. I would first dial back on the N by the looks of it. Having an abundance of N can cause other nutes to be locked out, giving the impression of a deficiency of some sort, when really the plant has just locked it out. This could also be why your girls have stunted growth . Can u give me the npk values of all your food that u are feeding with now, and amounts you mix to? See what I can advise for you. It's GH right?

floragrow 2-1-6 using 15ml
floramicro 5-0-1 10ml
Florabloom 0-5-4 5ml
Calmag plus 20ml per 5 gallons of water...this is giving me a ppm of right around 700 @ .7 conversion. a total EC of right around 1 or 1.1. The last 2 watering have been straight RO water. I got thinking that I should have put some calmag in it, but its too late for that now, so they have had no nutes for the last few day, accept what is still holding in the rock wool cubes. I now have some yellowing going on right at the bottom of onw plant. The cotyledons are now starting to yellow and die, which I know is normal, but on one plant the next leaf up has turned completely yellow. Gonna be heading over to check on them soon. I will snap a couple of photos

20140727_095407.jpg
20140727_095413.jpg
20140727_095427.jpg

as you can see, the bottom leaf is yellowing, but the rest of the plant looks good.....did the flush, hoping plants straighten out..

This would be my suggestion based on my notes.
seedling/cotyldons (little round leaves) - 0 PPM
sprout - 4 nodes - 0-50 PPM
after 3-4 nodes of growth (nodes = sets of leaves) - 50 - 150 PPM
3-4 week veg time - 150 - 500 PPM
after that some strains can handle anywhere from 500 PPM to 900 or 1000 PPM
That bottom leaf will not fully recover but keep it on, your leafs will tell you a lot about your girl and will usually start on the bottom and work up. Cut back your nutes, and keep an eye on them. Keep me posted

I am assuming all of your ppm is at .5 conversion...my meter is @ .7.. so 500ppm for you would be 700 ppm for me. I watered with nutes this morning, lights shut off at noon my time, so that was 1.5 hours ago. I watered with a weak solution of nutrients, with any luck they will turn around, all new growth is good and green though.

well, not sure what to tell you about them today. I went up a pot size yesterday, everything was looking great, I adjusted the ph of my water, and mixed my nutrient solution down to about 300 ppm, (@.7), which may be low but today I have a purplish tinge to the leaves on as couple of the plants, and stems are turning a little purple ish as well. being as I just flushed, i am assuming it is now deficient in something else. Did not have my phone with me so no pictures today, but I did give them a light watering tonight with food (600ppm). I didnt go too heavy as they were just repotted yesterday and the pots were still quite heavy. I will get some pics posted tomorrow, but I am thinking possibly Phosphorus deficiency...

well here is the picture of my newest problem.. Like I said, it was transplanted the day before this happened, I adjusted the ph accordingly, very weak nutirent solutions though since I did the flush a week ago. I am hoping just a deficiency that can be fixed with regular feeding. the leaves are curling up as well, possibly over watering it but I dont really think so.
photo_5197.JPG
photo_4288.JPG

thanks for the chart, still cant put my finger on it 100% for sure. I am having a ph problem for sure though lol. Checked some run off from a plant I watered this morning, ph going in was 5.7, tonight the water that came out of the bottom of the pot was 7.1. Gonna have to wait till it needs another water, then I am going to drop my ph of my nutrient solution and hope it drops the ph of the rock wool.

Well, here is the newest addition to the grow. these seeds were put into cubes 2 days ago, they popped out today, so now I have them under a small cfl. the one with the tooth picks is white widow x big bud, and the other is a Skunk Haze. The widow is a feminized seed, and the Skunk is a regular seed. I will be updating these along the way as well. As for the other plants though, they are looking pretty good other than the damage that was done last week from the deficiency but I did not lose many leaves. I will post some pics of those in the next day or two.
20140804_144832.jpg

Hey Snyper;

Great journal! Very up to date!

I think you are to high on the ppm at this point in your grow. Keep it no higher then 500-600ppm in veg. on mature plants; Even that can be way to high for some strains. From my small amount of experience I personally think you should be around 300ppm at this point in your grow. Looks to me like you had a nitrogen toxicity which leads quickly to the calcium lockout which again will lead to more problems.

Your nutrient recipe looks good.... If you notice the plant is getting light green you are not getting quite enough N and you may need to raise your ppm. Stick to your current formula though as it looks like your kind of following the directions on the bottle and "The Capn's" instructions....... If your plants are very dark green and starting to get slightly crispier tips, then they are getting nitrogen toxic and it's possible your ppm is too high.

Anyone reading this thread looking for help with topfeed / rockwool should check out The Capn's threads and blogs as he is the expert.

I also don't think you need 1000w on such small plants at this point. Your main focus should be on heat and humidity. A 400w MH seems like it would be more then enough light for those ladies and would reduce your heat/raise your humidity.

@TheCapn

These two SLH plants were grown with no higher then 400ppm through the whole grow; They just didn't seem to want higher ppm. They showed noticeable salt build up/rejection of nutrients and yellow tips anywhere above that. Final harvest off the 600w hps / 4x4 scrog was approx. 15oz. First grow. Huge amount of room for improvement.

SLH65-8.JPG

IMGP0360.JPG

Hey man, thanks again for the input, what do you think of those last 2 pictures I posted,,Male preflower?? I have tossed plants for less but only having 5 I want to make sure its male before I toss it. hoping to get 2 females out of the 5 plants, the rest will just be side project.

Might be to early to tell if they are male or female; I'm not the best one to get an opinion from though as I have only seen feminized seeds. Someone will hopefully chime in; But I'd keep them for a while until you are sure they are clawing and forming balls. I'd call it new growth.

Back
Top Bottom