Go4snypr - Hydro Grow

sorry Capn, just saw your post here. Is the plant in the photo still at a point "damping off" can happen or should it have been past that??

You said "seedling", and I never saw a picture of it, so I assumed it was a seedling.

If you're referring to the wilted plant above, that plant looks like it ran out of water, or got it's main root cut, or broken.

Yeah, sorry about that, it is a little past the seedling state. It is that wilted one in the picture. Second plant to do that to me. It was watered on friday at 9 pm, and on sunday at 9 am it looked like that. It is possible the main root got cut I guess, it took a fall a little over a week ago but it looked great for the last 7 days......

Well, its been a few days since I updated. My newest addition is doing well, no pics of it as it is nothing special. As for my two oldest plants, I think I have everything ready to start flowering. Built a cheap scrog screen out of doweling and metal wire. It is cheap and shabby but will have to do for now. I am only going to scrog the 1 plant and let the other just do its thing. Here is a couple pictures of the one that has the screen.
20140919_113658.jpg
20140920_103658.jpeg
I am not 100% sure on the screen placement. I put it onto the plant, and suspended it from the roof, if the plant starts pushing it up I will weight it down. gonna flip the lights tomorrow. any thoughts or concerns would be appreciated..d

Well, its been a few days since I updated. My newest addition is doing well, no pics of it as it is nothing special. As for my two oldest plants, I think I have everything ready to start flowering. Built a cheap scrog screen out of doweling and metal wire. It is cheap and shabby but will have to do for now. I am only going to scrog the 1 plant and let the other just do its thing. Here is a couple pictures of the one that has the screen.
20140919_113658.jpg
20140920_103658.jpeg
I am not 100% sure on the screen placement. I put it onto the plant, and suspended it from the roof, if the plant starts pushing it up I will weight it down. gonna flip the lights tomorrow. any thoughts or concerns would be appreciated..d

I think it looks great. That plant is really bushy, so I would get underneath it, and start at the bottom and take off the tiny stuff you know will never reach the screen.

The plant shouldn't push the screen up much. Over the next week, as tops grow thru the screen, pull them down and move them to the next square, until it fills out the entire screen. The goal here is to spread it out as much as you can. If you can spread it out a little more now, that would be ideal.

great looking plant. In the first picture, the leaves are looking a bit droopy, but I'm assuming you took this picture near the end of it's light cycle? You should be irrigating once a day for 15 minutes at a time, and in the 600-700ppm range. no higher!

Thanks for the input Capn. Your dead on with the leaves, 20 mins before lights out.... put the screen on this morning, went over tonight and moved branches. She is very bushy, I will try and spread it out as much as possible, as for the ppm, when should I start boosting the bloom and micro and cut back on the grow?? I was going by your transition recipe in one of your journals, probably running right around the 800 range, 1.2 conductivity I believe. 1: 1 :1 ratio at 15ml/5gal with calmag and florablend @20ml.

Thanks for the input Capn. Your dead on with the leaves, 20 mins before lights out.... put the screen on this morning, went over tonight and moved branches. She is very bushy, I will try and spread it out as much as possible, as for the ppm, when should I start boosting the bloom and micro and cut back on the grow?? I was going by your transition recipe in one of your journals, probably running right around the 800 range, 1.2 conductivity I believe. 1:blushsmile:1 ratio at 15ml/5gal with calmag and florablend @20ml.

Yes, you can do the 1-1-1 ratio for a week. Then after a week, change your water and do the full flower recipe. If this is the first time you have grown this strain, I would keep it on the low side of the ppm suggestions, 600-700 for this week. Then aim for 700 when you change the water in a week.

You realize this is going to be huge, right?!?! I'm super stoked for you. Don't do anything dumb like, ask your friend to take care of your plant while you go away for 2 weeks. ha ha ha.

I see many 9 bladed fan leaves there. awesome. Impressive. You put some work into that screen and I like how you suspended it. That will make it so easy to get under it and work. What strain is this again? Sorry I'm sure I missed it.

Ha, ha, wont be a friend, gotta get my dad to keep his fingers out of it lol... as for strain, I have not idea, just bag seed for my trial run. . I have some Royal Queen critical to follow it up with, and after that a White Widow Big Bud cross. I am pushing for the pound mark but would be happy to see 10 oz or better.

Ha, ha, wont be a friend, gotta get my dad to keep his fingers out of it lol... as for strain, I have not idea, just bag seed for my trial run. . I have some Royal Queen critical to follow it up with, and after that a White Widow Big Bud cross. I am pushing for the pound mark but would be happy to see 10 oz or better.

Bag seed is hit or miss. What am I saying? $20 each seeds are hit or miss. You might have something really nice here. Either way you have two months so you better get some new seeds popping! Take a clone of this, just in case it's awesome.

I'm thinking 10zips is no problem under the 600W, even if it's not a killer strain.

Good luck and keep me posted.

"NICE" go4snypr, if this is the trial run than look out for your next run. Another success story capn.

thanks 60cal. I am hoping thing keep going good. I have noticed a few aphids in my grow room today though, Not many of them, I had a look a the leaves and there doesn't appear to be any damage. It is getting late in the year for them here, and I am hoping its not going to turn into a problem, but I might look into some spray or something just in case..

when would be the best time to take a clone. I read somewhere at about 20 days into flower?? or should I take it right away before it gets more into flower??

Wow your second plant looks nice too. They are SO bushy, you may want to get up under the canopy and take off the little stuff now.

As far as your clone question, take your clones now! I made a blog entry for you, because it's a great question.

When to take your clones? What are FLOWERING clones? - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Hey Snyper,

Your 1st plant looks like something that may have been pulled out of TheCapn's Closet.

Great job and good luck in the harvest... I can't wait to see what the buds look like on your plant!

hey thanks for the responses. I will get a clone or two tonight just in case. as for pulling out of TheCapn's closet, I couldn't have done it without him. I really simplified our grow. My dad has the medical license and the way he was growing before was way too much work. he had 40-50 plants that were being hand watered, the transplanting was a bigger deal as we were using sunshine mix, had more lights going and the harvests were nothing to brag about. and it kept him at home and less time at the lake. With this method it takes way more work out of it for him (and me lol), and with any luck the harvest will be bountiful. I am starting to worry about these bugs that I have. I would refer to them as aphids or fruit flies, but some of the posts I have been reading are suggesting fungus gnats. I am not sure if I should spray the plants or give it some time and see if they disappear on their own. They are just a little black bug that flies around aimlessly, but I dont want to lose my plants now.....

Here are a few updated pictures of the plants, things are looking great. Ten or eleven days into flower now. Did a res change in both totes, had a few ppm issues that TheCapn cleared up for me over at his blog. Pretty sure am having a problem with my PPM/PH meter, seems the thing reads different depending on where your holding it, might have to get a hold of the company I bought it from...that aside though, I am running right around 5.8 for PH in my res, changed the nutes over to TheCapns' flower recipe (60ml bloom, 40ml micro, 10ml grow,20 calmag, 20 florablend), the stretch phase seems to be going well.. I have numerous tops poking thru screen on the one plant, and the plant without the screen is looking like it will have a few nice big colas on it as well.......one other thing, I have been noticing wet spots on the leaves, I dont spray or anything, is this just from one leaf sitting on top of another?? The last picture shows the wet spot
IMG_27597.JPG
IMG_27619.JPG
IMG_27527.JPG
IMG_27539.jpg

Here are a few updated pictures of the plants, things are looking great. Ten or eleven days into flower now. Did a res change in both totes, had a few ppm issues that TheCapn cleared up for me over at his blog. Pretty sure am having a problem with my PPM/PH meter, seems the thing reads different depending on where your holding it, might have to get a hold of the company I bought it from...that aside though, I am running right around 5.8 for PH in my res, changed the nutes over to TheCapns' flower recipe (60ml bloom, 40ml micro, 10ml grow,20 calmag, 20 florablend), the stretch phase seems to be going well.. I have numerous tops poking thru screen on the one plant, and the plant without the screen is looking like it will have a few nice big colas on it as well.......one other thing, I have been noticing wet spots on the leaves, I dont spray or anything, is this just from one leaf sitting on top of another?? The last picture shows the wet spot

Hey snyper,

Man this is going to be a great test. SCROG vs NO SCROG! Nice looking set up.

Are those squash on the floor?

A few comments:

1. Yes, the leaves transpire water so that is nothing to worry about.

2. It is time to prune off some lower bush. Check my pruning and defoliation blog entry for instructions.

3. I see your meter laying on the floor. The probes need to stay wet all the time. Clean the probes with a toothbrush, re calibrate, and then you should be fine. Zip tie the meter to the scrog net where you can move the probes to either tote. YOu can leave the probes in a reservoir all the time. Make sure the meter isn't on during the dark cycle.

4. You should be around 700PPM right now. No more.

Looking great. You even got the right totes, painted the lids white, and cut the 6" hole :)

those are pumpkins on the floor. The wife grows them in the garden every year. She carves the kids names into them and as they grow the name grows into them as well. Just trying to get them to turn orange. They say sunlight, but its getting colder here and she didnt want to leave them outside so I though the hps would probably turn them orange. As for pruning, I did prune some on the scrog plant (maybe not enough), but I didnt want to devastate it lol... the non scrog as you can tell i left alone, but if you think I should take more off of both I will do. As for the meter, the probes stay in the tote at all times, but it has been causing problems if I pick it up. The ph meter will read into the 100s and not show a decimal place, and the ppm is way out too. . In your blog i mentioned my RO water not being clean, so I phoned the guy and he checked his water and said the ppm was leaving around 12. I went back home to check the water I bought 2 days ago, when I checked then, it read 2200 ppm, today it reads 20. The kicker was I checked it against pre mixed nute water 2 days ago and that came back at 610 ppm, (which was correct), yet the 5 gallon jug claimed 2200. I will try cleaning my probes, but I am wondering if the light is not affecting the meter or something, cause if I pick it up from where it is, the readings go everywhere, if I set it on the floor there it seems to read in the range I would suspect it to.... my meter is also @ .7 conversion factor, so I am running at around 1000ppm (still 1.5 ec). I am hoping I am doing that math right lol...

those are pumpkins on the floor. The wife grows them in the garden every year. She carves the kids names into them and as they grow the name grows into them as well. Just trying to get them to turn orange. They say sunlight, but its getting colder here and she didnt want to leave them outside so I though the hps would probably turn them orange. As for pruning, I did prune some on the scrog plant (maybe not enough), but I didnt want to devastate it lol... the non scrog as you can tell i left alone, but if you think I should take more off of both I will do. As for the meter, the probes stay in the tote at all times, but it has been causing problems if I pick it up. The ph meter will read into the 100s and not show a decimal place, and the ppm is way out too. . In your blog i mentioned my RO water not being clean, so I phoned the guy and he checked his water and said the ppm was leaving around 12. I went back home to check the water I bought 2 days ago, when I checked then, it read 2200 ppm, today it reads 20. The kicker was I checked it against pre mixed nute water 2 days ago and that came back at 610 ppm, (which was correct), yet the 5 gallon jug claimed 2200. I will try cleaning my probes, but I am wondering if the light is not affecting the meter or something, cause if I pick it up from where it is, the readings go everywhere, if I set it on the floor there it seems to read in the range I would suspect it to.... my meter is also @ .7 conversion factor, so I am running at around 1000ppm (still 1.5 ec). I am hoping I am doing that math right lol...

Check the glass ball on the top of your PH meter. I bet it's cracked.

1000 is way too high.

I will check that glass, but as for the 1000 ppm, that is something I would like to talk to some one about. I am under the impression that ppm is directly affected by the calibration solution of my meter. As far as I can tell, my meter is on a .7 conversion scale. I am assuming yours is .5 conversion. From what I read, 700ppm on my meter would be 1.0 EC (which it is), and on your meter 500ppm would be 1.0 EC. Maybe you can check that for me. There for if you are running at 800ppm would be right in the 1.5 EC range on your meter, and for me my solution would be about 1000 ppm to get the same EC reading on my meter. Does your meter do ppm and EC?? if so you could you check to see if that is correct?? I have read a few posts where people say not to go by ppm as it differs depending on calibration solution, but to go by EC as that number is a constant. Maybe I am misunderstanding, but by my math my 1000 ppm would be the same as your 800 as my machine is calibrated differently. Just to be on the safe side, I will thin it out a bit though...

Back
Top Bottom