Graytail's 3rd: 4x4, HiBrix, Latest LED Tech, Lots Of Light!

Gray, your Panama looks a little bit different from the old pheno you were running, doesn't it?

Yeah, I don't know quite what to think about this Panama. It had a rough time in the smaller pots, but it also just doesn't seem to have the same vigor as the others I grew. It's pretty weak right now. I still have a few weeks to get her in shape though - should know soon if she's gonna be a problem.

hey graytail which one is the panama red,have not seen that in some time/long time.:goodjob::green_heart::rollit::joint::passitleft::allgood:ss61

It's a seed from an Ace Seeds Panama that threw some nanners in early bloom and pollinated itself. The really cool part is that it was a rare purple pheno. I grew one out and it was a perfect copy of its mother, but this one may come out differently.

I think that's one of the things I like best about this plant species. Take two seeds from the same parent and get two different expressions. So you can never be absolutely certain of what to expect. That keeps things fresh and interesting.

Of course, I wouldn't recognize one strain from another on my best day, I'm still so green. :laughtwo: I sure do enjoy listening to you talk though. :love:

Ok, seriously now. Sleep. 'Night. :battingeyelashes::love:

That prompted me to go count up my harvests so far. I've done 48 plants and 21 strains ... so far. :laughtwo:

Chopped my first Nirvana Northern Lights auto July 28th, two years ago. :blunt:

I'm going to probably pass you up in my first year, if things go as planned. You're more attentive to what's actually going on with the plants though. That's years of observation. I'm not even a year into knowing people grow cannabis at all. I'm still learning how to plant seeds. You're thinking about strains. Totally different process.

The time is swiftly approaching when I can become more dedicated to the art than has been possible up to now.

By the time I harvest the final tray in the series of three of this SWICK tray run, I will have potentially grown 29 plants. The next full run will be up to 30 more. What has Ziggy started? :Laugh2:

I need to try Carnival. I want to see for myself what it is that made it your favorite. Next month's seed order.

So many strains to try. WooHoo!

Can't seem to get to sleep. Let me try again. :love:

That prompted me to go count up my harvests so far. I've done 48 plants and 21 strains ... so far. :laughtwo:

I forgot about my adopted plants. My first was Medical No Name. The second was the same NL you grew. I tend to forget them because I rescued them. I remember that first, the No Name, I was fascinated with trichomes. All my experience with weed was bag trash and I had never seen a plant with trichomes other than the pages of this site. How quickly things changed. :laughtwo:

I jumped back in my notes. My very first harvest - the Medical No Name - was August 22 of last year. It yielded less than a 1/4 oz.

The times they are a changing. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Without counting warehouse full of Colombian in the 80's, eh? :tokin:

Without counting warehouse full of Colombian in the 80's, eh? :tokin:

:laughtwo: LOL, yeah, not counting the 1500 or so that we harvested out of the barn over several years. :laughtwo:

:laughtwo: LOL, yeah, not counting the 1500 or so that we harvested out of the barn over several years. :laughtwo:

I mean really, in the scheme of things they're so inconsequential. What could you have possibly learned from that?:winkyface:

Hey Gray....evenin pal...you see my Desfrans lately? Stupid...that's all. Cheers eh....Hope all is great in your world.:thumb:

After seeing that fan, I'm wondering if your pheno is that different from mine. :straightface: But sheesh, yours stay all spiky - no sign of limp. Yeah, you drew one hell of a sativa! I feel bad about being so enthusiastic about the strain when it first came up - shoulda done some due diligence. :cheesygrinsmiley: And when I saw 'em a week before you flipped 'em, they sure didn't look ready to me. We was wrong, man ... ! :thedoubletake:

Mine is recovering with a bang, so ... maybe I should think about putting her into bloom ... ?

DSCN76881.JPG

Here she was 5 days ago:
DSCN7682.JPG

I have a new addition to the family! :cheer: Meet Utopia Haze x Carnival:

DSCN76901.JPG

After seeing that fan, I'm wondering if your pheno is that different from mine. :straightface: But sheesh, yours stay all spiky - no sign of limp. Yeah, you drew one hell of a sativa! I feel bad about being so enthusiastic about the strain when it first came up - shoulda done some due diligence. :cheesygrinsmiley: And when I saw 'em a week before you flipped 'em, they sure didn't look ready to me. We was wrong, man ... ! :thedoubletake:

Mine is recovering with a bang, so ... maybe I should think about putting her into bloom ... ?

DSCN76881.JPG

Here she was 5 days ago:
DSCN7682.JPG

I have a new addition to the family! :cheer: Meet Utopia Haze x Carnival:

DSCN76901.JPG

Thats quite the growth spurt. So many different possibilities ... both in how the desfran decides to grow and the combination from the utopia haze×carnival! :thumb::peace::passitleft:

Hmm, how to describe "fluffy" ...

Some sativas have a very delicate, slim sort of habit. The stems are relatively weak and thin, and they support lots of many-bladed skinny leaves with longer node spacing. The leaves also tend to softly droop, giving it a fluffy look, like a fern or something. The result is an airy elegant looking plant which can be just fine and very beautiful outside, but becomes a mess under the constraints of indoor growing. If you only have 4 feet to work with, you can't let the plant grow naturally - it doesn't get a chance to develop its proper structure. You can easily end up with something like this:

DSCN66271.JPG

It looked like this in early bloom:
DSCN6436.JPG

And it looked like this right before I flipped it:
DSCN58863.JPG

And in veg ...
DSCN57152.JPG

Looks a lot like my Desfran, doesn't it? :laughtwo:

You really have a way of explaining growth traits! Thanks again. :peace::passitleft:

Hey Gray....ya with your Desfran...i'de flip her right the hell now!She is plenty big enough pal...don't make the same mistake I did....holy crap dude ...they really are monsters , and if they're in a bigger pot....watch out. I'm not sure about the different phenos ,naturally ,since this is my first crack at them but I will say all three of mine appear to be the same one. I'm happy with how my project went last night but will feel better when I can just let them do their thing without beating them down every three days ya know. HGave a great day my friend.....Duggs.:high-five:

Flip her before it's too late. :thedoubletake:

Back
Top Bottom