Graytail's Cupwinners in High Brix Soil - 4x4 - 600W HPS - Perpetual

Always beautiful ladies GT! :circle-of-love: I ended up pulling that WWxSK much earlier than 9 weeks (I'll have to check), and I'll bet that you'll want to do the same. Her buds get huge, and then she matures, and darkens, more than swells. She's a really nice smoke to zone out with in the day, if you can afford yourself such a luxury ;) Good energy, and mostly Sativa effect. Not much 'jar appeal', but she's my fave of last bunch and was the freebie. I'm enjoying her right now. :hookah: Peace brother. :peace::Namaste:

Hey GT,

I did drop two small, but well rooted cuttings into a hole carved in a used pot of media. topdressed w ewc and after one week drenched with energy. they seem to be vigorously growing roots and slowly but lushly growing vegetation. i have them outdoors for now. i plan to let them finish in this container. i'll post a pic.

pair_of_jacks.jpg

2 weeks later. Fed with casting tea and a dose or 2 of de-stress. Outdoors with very decent conditions.

2_weeks_later1.jpg

GF1 is dried and jarred and yielded 59 grams, 2.08 ounces over 169 days = 0.349 grams per day. I took it in three harvests - 15 grams, 18 grams and 26 grams at the end. The mother yielded 43 grams over 136 days for 0.316. So, while the clone yielded higher, it's still a sucky metric for this pheno.

I have another one ready to bloom and more cuts, but I'm not sure how much longer I'll keep Grapefruit onhand. The terpenes are truly excellent and the high is nice and bright ... dunno ... a guy has to like growing the damned pheno and this one is finicky and unrewarding. We'll see. Maybe I'll abuse this one with Epsoms and nitrates and see if it responds. C99 can be an awkward grower from what I've seen on other journals.

[Edit] Doc, you grew some Cindy that was fabulous. Got any tips?

:high-five:

Thank ya, darlin', as well as everyone who has voted for me. Yer all mensches!

:circle-of-love::Namaste:

Hey Gray...are those 1/2 ko's you use with your vicegrips?I'm a 30 yr. journeyman electrician ,so I've seen a lot of em over the yrs.Funny eh...whatever works! Cheers bro.

Yup - sharp eye, LOL. Do they even use the steel boxes anymore? I had an old one sitting around and I wanted a couple sturdy discs, so ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey, you can give me some professional advice. I'm running off an ungrounded box in my veg room and I want to add a ground. The heavy gauge ground wire passes right by this box on its way from the service panel to the water line. Can I ground to that without concerns for ground looping?

Yup - sharp eye, LOL. Do they even use the steel boxes anymore? I had an old one sitting around and I wanted a couple sturdy discs, so ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hey, you can give me some professional advice. I'm running off an ungrounded box in my veg room and I want to add a ground. The heavy gauge ground wire passes right by this box on its way from the service panel to the water line. Can I ground to that without concerns for ground looping?
Yes Grey...we still use steel boxes.The plastic ones are used more for some residential work.Yes ,ground that box Gray! Just run a #14 green or a cable with a bare ground in it from the box to that bare ground from your panel.Don't forget to bond the box as well as the receptacle that's there.Put the green(or bare wire) around the grd. screw then to the grd.screw on the rec.You will need to get a good clamp for the connection to the main grd. that goes to the cold water pipe.Cheers bro,and please don't hesitate to ask anything electrical OK! I want to help out whoever and whenever i can...makes me feel like i'm giving something back to this wonderfull place.:thumb:

Yes Grey...we still use steel boxes.The plastic ones are used more for some residential work.Yes ,ground that box Gray! Just run a #14 green or a cable with a bare ground in it from the box to that bare ground from your panel.Don't forget to bond the box as well as the receptacle that's there.Put the green(or bare wire) around the grd. screw then to the grd.screw on the rec.You will need to get a good clamp for the connection to the main grd. that goes to the cold water pipe.Cheers bro,and please don't hesitate to ask anything electrical OK! I want to help out whoever and whenever i can...makes me feel like i'm giving something back to this wonderfull place.:thumb:

Awesome Duggan! Electrical advice is more important that grow advice, as the former will keep you alive!

Badass Duggan Glad to have your expertise at hand.....

And GT.....BE CAREFUL MY FRIEND...i know you know but i just have to say it too...take your time and maybe dont smoke before snipping and running wire!!

Just care about ya man! :) :Namaste::peace::):)

Badass Duggan Glad to have your expertise at hand.....

And GT.....BE CAREFUL MY FRIEND...i know you know but i just have to say it too...take your time and maybe dont smoke before snipping and running wire!!

Just care about ya man! :) :Namaste::peace::):)

Thanks for the cautionary notes, you're right - a guy should show respect to household current. I'll probably even find the right breaker and flip it off before I replace the receptacle. I've done it with live wires before, but ... you know ... been there, done that, no need to prove anything anymore :laughtwo: Heck, I even installed a breaker and connected it to the line without pulling the main.

I do a lot of genealogy and I noticed a startling thing about how long people lived way back then, a couple hundred years ago. They basically lived as long as we do now! But a lot of young people died making mistakes. Mistakes were more available and more fatal back then. So life expectancy as a child was much lower. Once a guy got past the need to take risks, he lived to a ripe old age.

But heck, I'm pretty sure I'd take all those risks again - a life without risk is a life unlived - more cannawisdom from Mr Graytail. :cheesygrinsmiley:

SGA, great advice btw. Always turn the circuit OFF before doing any electrical work.I know it might seem pretty basic most times and the work isn't rocket science like your's Doc. but it's the time your confidence is up and your in a bit of a hurry that very bad things will happen.Most of our growrooms are small and everything is packed in to them pretty good so it's very good practice to make sure your electrical is safe and "up" to par! Never operate our lites guys and gals or any other electrical equipment without a properly grounded outlet (s).A little story. Yrs. ago I heard of a little old lady dying while cutting her grass with an electric mower.One BIG problem however...when she plugged in the mower to her outside receptacle ,it wasn't a G.F.I. ,the grass was damp from due, there must have been a small fault in the mowers motor...she was killed instantly.Our indoor rec."s. don't need to be G.F.I"s. unless water is within 1 meter of the rec. or device...but they do have to be properly grounded, I can't stress this enough.Remember everyone,if your power supply (receptacles) are not grounded and your device or devices develop a "fault" the breaker may not trip! When you touch any metal part of those devices...you will become "the ground",and if your floor is damp at all or your barefoot you will become "the little old lady"!:(Please everyone ,I would love to contribute whenever I can with pointers,info ,whatever ,to help keep us all safe and happy!:circle-of-love:

To adapt something from another profession, one might say ...

There are old electricians and there are bold electricians, but there are no old bold electricians? :cheesygrinsmiley:

;)

To adapt a something from another profession, one might say ...

There are old electricians and there are bold electricians, but there are no old bold electricians? :cheesygrinsmiley:

;)
You got it brudda!! Gray...quick question bud, can I enter one of my MK Ultra's in P.O.T.M. if I don't have a journal going?Just wondering. I was thinking in a couple more weeks? The two of them are looking pretty crazy. It would be a first for me but I figure ,what the fu...! They have about 3 weeks left ,so they're allmost there!Cheers!

Heck yes! - no journal necessary. :thumb:

Brush up on your camera skills. :slide:

Back
Top Bottom