Graytail's Cupwinners in High Brix Soil - 4x4 - 600W HPS - Perpetual

looking good gt.

Battling consistent heat and humidity here in Dankville. Using a 600cfm fan for my 500w draw lamp with air con outside the door. Still not growing anything as dank as you .....so far!

Stopping by and saying High. I'm sure everything's looking great in your garden as usual, GT

It comes and it goes - or it doesn't go. :laughtwo: Sometimes I feel like a farmer at the mercy of the weather. We plant our seed and hope that nothing catastrophic happens in the next four months. Sheesh, I have this extra four-month cycle going on in my life now. It's weird. I'm in this boring lull, and I have to remember that this is a decision I made four months ago, worrying about the future July/Aug heat. And I still have to get through another four weeks before I'll feel safe again.

I was sorry that you had to pack it in, CO. But hey, it isn't even rewarding to watch 'em try to function in high heat. Depressing, bah, who needs it. But you should be able to start new ones in a month or so, no? They do fairly well in heat until they get into bloom.

Ah crap! The reason WWxSk1 was increasing it's flower production is because it's switching to male flowers. Bah!

It's proudly sporting a whole bunch of gorgeous lil nanners all over the upper buds today. :rip:

But hey, you're right, CS, the smoke is fun! The sample was bright and chatty, and packed a pretty good punch for early buds. :thumb:

The heat, maybe? :hmmmm:

CS ran one and finished it in about 9 weeks, so it's at the end of its run ... kinda touchy, y'know? It looked like it was going to finish kinda airy and premature, but it hit this odd growth spurt right after the heat.

And it's a newish cross, so my pheno might just be prone to hermie.

I'm going to get a ton of it, so I think I'll reduce it to kief. That'll be nice to have around. :cheesygrinsmiley:

... Ahhhh, and if I make kief out of it, I won't have to trim much. It looks like a bi#*h to groom. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Lemonade, man! :headbanger:

The heat, maybe? :hmmmm:

CS ran one and finished it in about 9 weeks, so it's at the end of its run ... kinda touchy, y'know? It looked like it was going to finish kinda airy and premature, but it hit this odd growth spurt right after the heat.

And it's a newish cross, so my pheno might just be prone to hermie.

I'm going to get a ton of it, so I think I'll reduce it to kief. That'll be nice to have around. :cheesygrinsmiley:

... Ahhhh, and if I make kief out of it, I won't have to trim much. It looks like a bi#*h to groom. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Lemonade, man! :headbanger:

Oh Crap, sorry to hear your Widdows went butch on ya. Mine hermed from a timer misstep I believe, but it was a bit hot too... so they are a little twitchy. Sorry to hear, but glad you posted... I will be watching the two I have going very closely. Glad you like the smoke, she's got some punch, considering she doesn't show much resin on the outside of her buds. I made lemonade too. A great batch of brownies. The better plant (looked not quite as good as yours), I kept and am still enjoying :)

I think a basement or even a crawlspace would probably be an ideal spot to put an indoor grow room. I was looking at an entire year of temps in my attic. It goes as low as 20 degrees all the way up to 150 degrees in July August. What a huge swing. How the heck am I supposed to acheive a nice, year round growing environment up there??

The wife and I are looking at buying our own, and first, home. You can bet that ill be designing a pretty sweet subterranean grow zone.
I bet crawlspaces where I live have winter temps of around 40 degrees and summer temps of 60 degrees. Now that sounds nice and manageable.

I think a basement or even a crawlspace would probably be an ideal spot to put an indoor grow room. I was looking at an entire year of temps in my attic. It goes as low as 20 degrees all the way up to 150 degrees in July August. What a huge swing. How the heck am I supposed to acheive a nice, year round growing environment up there??

The wife and I are looking at buying our own, and first, home. You can bet that ill be designing a pretty sweet subterranean grow zone.
I bet crawlspaces where I live have winter temps of around 40 degrees and summer temps of 60 degrees. Now that sounds nice and manageable.

Hey Gray... what ya say,...basements are best eh? It's always been about heat,and stealth for sure. Now with temps beeing so manageble because of led lighting.Now someone can have a little somethin goin on in a upper floor crawlspace or such,and not have such a big power draw with AC's and high temps,... melting the snow off your roof in the winter!! Good luck with your home purchase COrganics.Remember this...if your planning on doing it in your home and still do entertaining...the basement is the best place!:blunt:

Cheers eh!

Hey GT,

I did drop two small, but well rooted cuttings into a hole carved in a used pot of media. topdressed w ewc and after one week drenched with energy. they seem to be vigorously growing roots and slowly but lushly growing vegetation. i have them outdoors for now. i plan to let them finish in this container. i'll post a pic.

pair_of_jacks.jpg

2 weeks later. Fed with casting tea and a dose or 2 of de-stress. Outdoors with very decent conditions.

2_weeks_later1.jpg

after one month planted in hole carved out of once run soil.
one_month_later.jpg

These plants are flourishing. I have them partially concealed so they don't receive optimal light. The plant on the left lost some growth because of clumsiness on my part.

just following up on the idea of not disturbing the media after harvest and utilizing a harvested pot as is then top dressing.

As it happens, I took update pics today and groomed all the plants - closeup work - and the Grapefruit I dropped in the old soil is lookin' fine! At first, it didn't adapt well at all if you recall, but now it's the best one I've grown so far. This is a finicky strain. This soil is keeping up. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

DSCN5874.JPG

Looking good for a month after transplant VonDank & Gray, that's a nice recovery. :goodjob: Guys...

Things are really looking good in the bloom room! :slide:

I just had a couple days of high heat and temps have been great since then, so everyone is happy. My whiteflies got a little out of hand, so I gave the room a good spraying a few days ago and I'll do another one in a couple more days. Other than that, conditions are just lovely. Brix is great, and this time it's not the temps - it's legit. I got 18 from Carn3 and 16 from CCC - nice!

Carn3 is going to be another spectacular plant. Brix has been running near 18 for three weeks, it's icky sticky, and it's starting to bend from the weight.

Carn3 - 127 days old - 56 days 12/12 - 46 days since pistils - brix 18/18
DSCN58601.JPG

DSCN58611.JPG

DSCN58631.JPG

DSCN58641.JPG

DSCN5865.JPG

Cotton Candy x Carnival has fully established her buds and got her first Drench today. She has some whitefly damage but otherwise looks great for a plant only 19 days from pistil set. Five weeks to go.

CCC - 82 days old - 31 days 12/12 - 19 days since pistils - brix 16/17
DSCN58681.JPG

DSCN58691.JPG

DSCN58711.JPG

DSCN58731.JPG

I'll cover the rest of them in my LED journal, since I'll be moving it to the bloom room in a week. I'll post final yield and a report here for WWxSk1 when it's jarred, along with Carn3, and that'll be the end of my first year of growing in the 21st century!

:cheer::bravo::high-five: The carn looks BADASS:cheer:
great job, great grow, great journal, great reports, great attitude, great teacher, great teached lol this has just been an all round GREAT journal!

Cheers GT :goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom