Green Closet's First LED Soil Grow - Blue Dream - Sour Diesel - God Bud

Re: Green Closet's first LED soil grow - blue dream, sour diesel, god bud?

I wont deny that. I love figuring out how to grow it to make use of the most light and I like seeing how thick I can make the branches by making knots

That's fine. I think the bottom limit for me would be 12 inches at full power. I have also read that LED's need a certain amount of distance for the wavelengths to effectively combine also. 12 inches seems reasonable, I would never run it that close to seedlings on full power myself, but budding plants sure, I did it last grow and they were fine.

Good to know. Thanks Panta,

I'll be posting some new pictures tomorrow when I get a chance. I did some defoliation on em today, I'm hoping i didn't go overboard as I feel I may have been a little overzealous with the old clippers.. We shall see what happens. Stay tuned.:Namaste:

Oh and it's good to have you along for the ride BAR. :welcome:

Thanks Jimmy! Update Time! This morning I watered the girls with RO water with 1/2 tsp of calmag ph'd to 6.5 as usual. The leaves are looking much better since I started using the calmag. No more twisted, deformed weirdness. Lady #3 is starting to show some possible signs of a deficiency? I'm not sure here's a picture maybe someone can help me.
IMG_031123.jpg

Aside from that they have developed some very slight nute burn on their tips which I expected after the last round of ferts I did was fairly strong.
On another note, last night I made a HOME-MADE carbon scrubber! I'm super excited about it, I love tinkering and building things so I had a really good time doing this even though it took forever. Here are some photos. I realised after I had finished that I should have taken in progress photos to do a tutorial.. oh well, if anyone is interested in a tutorial let me know.
IMG_032017.jpg
IMG_031919.jpg

I finally got a thermometer and hygrometer as well. With the closet door closed for about 30 minutes the temp got up to about 80F and the RH was at 57%. I feel like those numbers would continue to creep upwards so I left the door cracked a little. We'll see what happens. Photo time.
Lady #1
image9750.jpg
IMG_029826.JPG
IMG_029926.JPG

Lady #2
IMG_030325.jpg
IMG_030522.jpg
IMG_030626.jpg
IMG_030829.jpg

Lady #3
IMG_030924.JPG
IMG_031025.jpg
IMG_031220.jpg
IMG_031326.jpg

And Lady #4, this one has been weird since she sprouted.. She's all curly and droopy. I've done everything with her exactly the same as all the others but for some reason she looks like this.. I'm guessing bad genetics?? Any advice?
IMG_031421.jpg
IMG_031524.jpg
IMG_031619.jpg
IMG_031720.jpg

Hey I haven't heard from anybody about the possible deficiency I'm dealing with. It appears to be getting worse. This is it today.
IMG_033328.jpg
IMG_033435.jpg

As you can see, the leaf is now dying and turning brown on the tips. Also it is turning pale over its surface, while the veins in the middle are staying a darker green.. I dunno what's up. I thought it may have been magnesium deficiency but I've been using calmag and it doesn't seem to be helping. Any thoughts?

I'm also waiting to hear some replies here Green. I'll try to scrounge up some help.

Fox farm Ocean is a good soil. I use it. I have not had to feed my plants at all and I am 21 days into bloom tomorrow on the the 29th. Chances are they are over fed. A nutrient overload can look like a nutrient deficiency. It is easier to add a little then to have to take it away. More is not necessarily better. Fox farm runs hot. If you are letting her really dry out chances are your soil has air pockets in it. Your next water do your PH and just use water. Let all the air bubble out of the soil. When your water is not running out really fast take a sample PH of the runoff. If the water is coming out the bottom fast keep watering until it slows down then take your sample. I hope this helps. If I said anything not quite right someone will chime in :) This could just be a simple PH issue so do the watering first before adding more stuff

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies318.jpg

:circle-of-love:

I know your already adding cal mag but it looks like calcium def

I never noticed till now that chart doesn't have calcium def leave pic on it

Thanks for the help ladyv and jimmy! :circle-of-love: I thought it looked like magnesium deficiency as well. Just confused as to why it'd be getting worse after I've already started supplementing it. Perhaps it is nutrient abundance situation. Tonight I'll give them a flush of RO water with some calmag and see what happens. Think I should up my ph to 6.7 -7 seeing as that's where mag is best absorbed?

pH_chart78.jpg

I fluctuate my PH 6.0---6.8. Don't do 7.0

:high-five:

Green, try that link Jimmy gave you. I believe I even found what's been illing my plants there. To me it's much better than the leaf chart.

Last night I flushed the girls with 2 gallons of ph adjusted water. To the first gallon I added 1/4 tsp of calmag. I'll see how they look when I'm off work.
I just concocted a homemade calmag mix. Haven't tried it yet.

I don't know if I didn't flush them with enough water, or if excess nutrients was really the problem. But they seem to be getting worse. they're now developing spots on some of their leaves.
IMG_033722.jpg
IMG_033824.jpg
IMG_033628.jpg
IMG_033924.jpg
IMG_033538.jpg

I don't know what the problem is, I gave them calmag although maybe I should have given them more? I don't want to give them too much though. Help would be appreciated..

I know where to find you some help. Hold on.

To me it looks like a nitrogen/potassium deficiency, but I am not in person and it is difficult for me to see very well. Take a look at this vast array of photos to try and diagnose it.

N deficiency in cannabis - Google Search

I had a similar spotting issue w out the brown on the edges. It is mostly resolved now, and I'm about 85% convinced it was due to overwatering, more specifically, my problem was clogged drain holes in the very bottom of the pot, I had drilled xtra drain holes for what i thought would be better drainage, boy was I wrong, holes i added were above the lower drain holes, so all my flushing went out the upper holes and the bottom holes remained clogged (with a lot of root mass down there staying submerged in muck for weeks)

Green, the link to my yard is below, you can skim thru pics in the last 20 to 40 pages to see some chatter & suggestions, with Q & A to figure out the problem.

lots of 420 members jumped in to help my sick girl.

I posted a huge SHOUT OUT in my yard for you, I'm hoping you will get more help from over there, here.

Thanks for letting me know BAR, I'm always willing to help anybody 420:circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom