Harry's Quest For Indica Dominance

Harry I gotta say all those plants look incredible!

Remember waynes world? "we're not worthy! we're not worthy!"

let's hope you get the females...

I think one of mine is about to flower, and since this is the frist time i've ever seen MJ grow I am having a bit of difficulty sexing them... If you happen to have some pics of male/female and could post them, that would help me out a ton.

Keep up the good growin!!
:rollit:

and +subscribed

Awesome harry as usual. Getting tired of telling you that lol not really.

Hey what are you using for your risers and where did you get them? I was looking for risers and could only get 1.5 x 11's I was looking more for 2-3 inch high x 11 or 12. The kind that are that you connect together and make a cross with and set in the bottom of the vinyl saucer or whatever. :peace:

Thanks Need2FreeWeed!!

Harry I gotta say all those plants look incredible!

I think one of mine is about to flower, and since this is the frist time i've ever seen MJ grow I am having a bit of difficulty sexing them... If you happen to have some pics of male/female and could post them, that would help me out a ton.
Thanks jaudiofan, I've been following your grow as well and it looks right on track. Jumping right into hydro is bolder than I am but you're doing great.

I posted some really good male/female/hermie pix in the following thread..

Male/Female

It's pretty obvious after they have shown themselves but not as obvious at the very beginning of preflower stages.

Awesome harry as usual. Getting tired of telling you that lol not really.

Hey what are you using for your risers and where did you get them?
Thanks McBudz. I'm really hoping for a good outcome with this grow.

The risers that I'm using actually came from bottom of the pots themselves. Those wide green ones (I believe mine is 10" and ~1.5 gallon) you get at garden centers have a ~2" catch cups attached to bottom to hold water but I don't need or want that so I just removed them, flipped 'em over and use them for risers. Those catch cups might be good for some plants but not MJ, because they can trap too much water. I have catch trays I bought with the pots that I place on top of the upside down catch cups.

So, it's day 40 and what I thought might be a male gonad, isn't. It may just be new growth but it's now looking more like the beginnings of a female preflower. ;)

qfipre1.jpg

qfipre2.jpg

Almost looks like the beginnings of some pistilation. :grinjoint:

Then again, I might just be high. :smokin:

I found a perfect clone candidate today so I took it to try and stay ahead of the game.

:peace:

Harry

Thanks jaudiofan, I've been following your grow as well and it looks right on track. Jumping right into hydro is bolder than I am but you're doing great.

I posted some really good male/female/hermie pix in the following thread..

Male/Female

It's pretty obvious after they have shown themselves but not as obvious at the very beginning of preflower stages.

awesome thanks harry, that thread helps alot! I will take a peek tonight when the lights turn on and see what i can see

i can see how you won the plant of the month award, you definitly got the green thumb... I hope to make you proud with my grow (and make myself stupid high hehe)

:yummy:

Hi Harry, how manny times can i say how lovely your grow looks mate ) ? :smokin: but damn me it does,fingers crossed for the female mate:grinjoint:
]best regards....creamm :peace:

Thanks for the kind words of support jaudiofan, creamm, and Ms.Fox!!

I'm having so much fun growing and sharing with you fine folks.

After closer inspection today, I'm pretty confident it's a she, Ms.Fox. :grinjoint:

Harry

Here's Day 41 update..

The Indica/Hybrids are looking good. They need a good full strength does of grow big about now though..

qfiday41-1.jpg

The big one is 16" tall. I guess I'll let it go to 18-20 inches. Not sure how high it may get..

qfiday41-2.jpg

The other hybrids are growing well. Some are at 10-11 inches. I probably won't let this get too much higher before moving to veg, being I have no idea how tall these may get either.

qfiday41-3.jpg

qfiday41-4.jpg

The big Sativa is doing really well and filling in. Just gave her full strength GB, TB and BB do that should pretty much cover her N requirements from here on out..

qfiday41-5.jpg

This is the plant that broke. She's been flushed and will harvest in a couple of days...

qfiday41-6.jpg

Just gave this one her last full strength dose of TB & BB. I'll flush next..

qfiday41-7.jpg

Looks like the big Indica may be female and one of the other hybrids is showing what appears to be female pre-flowers as well.

So far, so good. :smokin:

Harry

dude... holy shit!!!! they look like moss covered fence posts man... I can't get over how well these plants have thrived... I'd rep this thread again if I could

Thanks Need2FreeWeed & flyfishinrock.

I've certainly had my share of problems, especially with my 1st indoor attempt. I recently scorched one of the mothers I'm flowering and getting ready to harvest, then the largest cola broke and fell over.

I had great success with my 2nd grow but even a broken clock is right twice a day. ;)

I do have some good news to report. I can confirm one female...

qfiday42-pre1.jpg

It's the runt of the litter too. It's the one located center back in the 1st pic on this page.

qfiday42-pre2.jpg

Three of the other four are starting to show preflowers but I can't confirm M/F on those just yet. I may save one male for breeding.

A couple more ladies and I'll be happy!! :smokin:

Harry

hello there harry,looking lovely and lush as allways mate :grinjoint:
I think haveing problems and being able to resolve them is half the fun but then maybee im just wierd :smokin:
best regards..creamm :peace:

Thanks guys. I'll be happy if I can get two more ladies!!

TitusCrow, on the LST grow I kinda trained the main stem around the side of the pot in one direction, about half way round the pot. The stem ended up being kind of a crook, with the cola on the end of the main stem no longer being dominant when I got it down below the side branches. The main stem cola faded and the branches became the dominant colas. I hope that makes sense. lol

With this seed grow, I'm just leaning them back a little and crimping to limit stress, in hope of more females. I'd be more aggressive with female clones. ;)

Harry

Looking good Harry... Congrats on the lady Indie, gotta say I was a bit nervous for you when I saw that early picture, thought it could be a nut, glad it wasn't. Let that Indica veg for a bit, I would say just snag some clones from low and veg her into the low to mid twenties. It is not going to stretch much, I think if you let it go to like 23 that it will end up around four feet or so. I am going to try to shoot for the mid twenties from now on ( if time allows).. Keep up the fine work Mr. Harry... :clap::peace:

Be Irie, it seems the taller that one Indica gets, the thinner the leaves become, so now I'm wondering how much Indica it actually has in there. All of these plants show wider leaves than the genetics I've been working with so far but when I first sprouted that one, the wider leaves were very evident in comparison. I suspect it to be of the more exotic variety and I'll do as you suggest and veg to over 20". It's already at 19" and growing fast.

Here's where I'm at..

Group shot..

qfiday43-5.jpg

Here's the big Indica/Hybrid of what is supposed to be more a more exotic strain. It's 19" now and I suspect it's a female but not sure just yet..

qfiday43-6.jpg

Here are the four Mexi-Sativa/Indica Hybrids...

This is a nice one that's just starting to show pre-flowers. It's ~16" and I suspect it's a female but not sure on this one either..

qfiday43-7.jpg

Another nice 15" on that has not yet formed any preflowers..

qfiday43-8.jpg

This is Lanky. Looks like it has male preflowers. The stems are rubbery and it's kinda floppy, overall. Looks like one for the compost heap!!

qfiday43-9.jpg

This is the little lady that popped out female preflowers in 5 weeks. It's only 12" tall and looks like it's wanting to flower right now. Hopefully, it will start growing a little faster and keep on vegging..

qfiday43-10.jpg

I need to get some of these out of the vegging pots and into the 5 gallon flowering buckets pretty soon so that it my next task.

Flower Room
--------------

I just harvested this choco-skunky plant that I scorched and broke. Needed to make room for the new grow. This is the 3rd one of these I've harvested and it's really my favorite in terms of high. The problem with this plant is that it grows a bunch of little trashy scrub that draws too much energy away from the main colas.You can see it all at the bottom. Next time, I'm gonna cut all that junk off so all the growth will be focused on 5-6 main colas. I believe that will promote big, hard cola growth.

qfiday43-1.jpg

It cleaned up nice though and it looks like I'm gonna get 2-3oz of good bud and another couple of oz of scrub for making hash.

qfiday43-2.jpg

qfiday43-3.jpg

The Ms.Burley clone still needs a little time so I'll let it go a little longer. It's looking pretty good though.

qfiday43-11.jpg

qfiday43-12.jpg

And last but not least, my big Sativa is looking happy and filling in nicely.

qfiday43-13.jpg

That should about do it for the update (whew).

I think I need a jay and break. :smokin:

Harry

Now would a monster Indica be so bad??? I can't believe you only got 3-4 z's from that plant... Those colas are looking pretty damn big.. You are going to love those rock hard indie nugs.... You da man Mr. Harry....My BG is the same way. Huge fat Indica leaves at the bottom, skinny long sativa leaves on the top... :peace:

Well, that's just a conservative guess on how much I'll get. I tend to underestimate and when I weight it, I'm happier. ;) Actually, it looks like I'll get ~3oz of good tight bud and another 2oz+ of airy looking stuff and some scrub for the sifter.

Ah, so the BG is that way too. What percentage of Indica/Sativa is the BG?

Heck no, nothing wrong with big plants. Just so they don't get much taller than say, 4.5 ft. Those 8.5 footers are rough. :grinjoint:

Harry

Back
Top Bottom