Hiker's Basement 2.0 - Multiple Strain - Perpetual - Now With LEDs!

Until Hiker answers, consider that rock will absorb moisture and dank over time, so a nice thick coating of latex paint, or an oil based paint will be needed so you can frequently wet wipe the walls to keep that from becoming an issue.

Hello Hiker

Got a question for you on room design since you mentioned panda film. .My current grow space is a tent inside a shed. This summer, I'll be removing the tent and using the whole shed for flower and it's a 7x7. Right now the tent is insulated but nothing else. I was thinking I was going to cover the insulation with panda film. But reading your comments below make me wonder. Maybe I should just rock it and paint with a mold resistance flat white? Any suggestions are appreciated!! Thank you

Sorry for the delay. RL is getting in the way...

It would depend on your plans for the shed. If it's always going to be utility/grow space, I might not do the drywall. I did it because this basement is intended to be living space. The only functional advantage I see with the drywall is sound proofing. It will help a little, but that's not enough reason to justify the expense IMHO. I would probably just put up the panda plastic if I was growing the plants up against the wall.

Grats on the expansion! :thumb:

Until Hiker answers, consider that rock will absorb moisture and dank over time, so a nice thick coating of latex paint, or an oil based paint will be needed so you can frequently wet wipe the walls to keep that from becoming an issue.

All the drywall I put up down there is still raw. I've not had any issues I'm aware of so far. Maybe it will depend on your climate environment?

On a sadder note...

This journal isn't gonna see any love for awhile. I fucked up and my crop is dead.

I'm posting this from a hospital in Seattle while my wife recovers form surgery upstairs. Last week we made a trip here to consult with the surgeon. I did a res change before we left, and I forgot to plug in a pump. I wasn't gone long, but it was long enough. I changed the res on a Wednesday. We went to Seattle on Thursday. Returned on Friday night to find dead plants. It took less than 72 hours @80F to cook them with no water. :(

The good news is my wife's surgery went well, and we're very optimistic for her speedy recovery.

Sorry if anyone was really hoping to see something happen here. My perpetual is so broken, all I had left was some rooted clones. They are in the veg trays now, but I will likely let them finish vegging in the flower room since it's a better environment.

Between my wife's health issues and us preparing to move, I don't see a lot of time for this journal. I won't close it yet though. I have some numbers and pictures I still want to share. I'll get that info up when we return home and things return to some semblance of normal.

Thanks, Hiker! That was what I was hoping you'd say actually. It's cheaper and easier

Very sorry to hear about your wife, and I'm sure or hoping you'll find a way to continue to grow, or help others.

Sorry to hear about your girls Hiker, and I'm very glad that your wife is doing good. Best wishes to you & yours.

Sorry to hear about the pump issue, I know how easy it is to overlook things like that. Good news on the successful surgery though, I'm glad to hear your wife is doing better.

Keep your chin up mate these things happen. Most important is your wifes health which seems to be on the up. Im sure you will be back on your feet in no time

dude i just came aboard and was reading through your journal only to find out the tragedy you went through recently.

i'm sorry you had to go through all that at the same time, on the bright side your wife is getting better and you still got some clones to keep things going.

its gonna get better you know it just hang in there :love:

:Namaste:

thanks for all the :love:

We came home Monday night. Originally, they were saying Saturday, but her surgeon kept her a little longer.
She's doing very well considering what she's went through. In fact, she went back to work today! :yikes:
Yep, that's exactly 1 week after brain surgery! She amazes me sometimes. :adore:

The veg trays looked pretty good. They had only just started to recover from transplant when we left, so they are growing very fast now.

I had a buddy checking on them (and the dogs) while we were gone, but he didn't do any training. Most them them have a couple branches that became dominant and started to grow too tall, but that's actually good. I will be cutting those for clones tonight or tomorrow. As soon as the new clones root, or sooner, I'll be moving the existing veg plants back into the flower room. I may run the room on GLR depending on how big the plants are. If the plants are still too small to fill the room, I may just turn off one row of lights and run a smaller footprint for one crop. This will get me to a harvest sooner. I'm still undecided, but that's the option I'm leaning towards.

I wasn't really able to get work done while we were in Seattle, so I'm slammed at the day job too. Like I said, I still have some pictures and data I want to put into this journal, but it won't happen until next week.

Thanks again for the well wishes everyone.

I :love: :420:

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Sorry for the absence everyone.

You can move this to completed journals.

It's official that my basement is completely shut down. We are officially buying a new house, so I'm packing up the basement equipment to move. I will be setting up a new grow in the new house, but probably not for ~6 months after moving in. We are excited about the move, but I'm also not looking forward the HUGE amount of work it will be. We will be renting our current place. There are several things I have to do to it to get it ready for a renter, so my time will be in pretty short supply. In hindsight, the crop loss is probably a good thing. It was very hard to let go of my vegging plants too. Trying to maintain them during the move was going to add too many complications, so I decided to just take it all down now. The biggest benefit is I can now hire people to come do some of this work on the house and not have to worry about them finding my garden. :winkyface:

My wife is doing pretty well. We're still seeing LOTS of doctors. She is showing signs of improvement in some ways, but is has other symptoms that are getting worse.

We have to keep on keeping on, so since my wife's job is moving south, so are we. Right now, it's pretty important that we keep her insurance that is tied to her job. Actually the work move should have a lot of positives. We will be close enough to Spokane now that I will be looking for a new job. While I like the work from home aspect of my current gig, I have lots of issues with my current employer. The biggest is pay, and I'm reluctant to bring it up until I have another option. In my small town I'm sorta stuck in this job, but this move will open up many many options. I can't wait for the day I tell him to go f*** himself! :biglaugh: Actually I plan to give him an opportunity to keep me, but I already know he won't do it. I want a bump of at LEAST 50%, and I realize no employer will do that. That's fine, there are plenty of other reasons for me to part ways with this company. :blalol:

Thanks so much to everyone for your thoughts and warm wishes for my wife. It really does mean a lot to us to be part of this great community. :love::420:

Back
Top Bottom