Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpetual

Re: Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpe

looking real good and frosty for only being 24 days from flip! Have you tried adding more perlite or using the larger pieces of perlite to help keep your soil aerated and draining better?

Re: Icemud's Grow 6.0. Cherry Pie - GSC - OGiesel -SFV OG- University Hills OG- Perpe

looking real good and frosty for only being 24 days from flip! Have you tried adding more perlite or using the larger pieces of perlite to help keep your soil aerated and draining better?

Thanks EyeDooIt for the compliments! I actually have used perlite in the past but decided to go with volcanic pumice these past few grows. I keep forgetting though that it holds water, a lot more than perlite. This grow I have tried to space out my waterings much more than past grows to get the same effect and lately have been aerating my soil after waterings to help dry it out more evenly and let more Oxygen get to the roots.

*The only reason I chose volcanic pumice is because its like a sponge to nutrient ions and has a high CEC vs perlite which has virtually none. I maybe should try doing a 1/2 1/2 next grow and use both. Hmmm will have to remember that when I mix my soil next time :)

Great suggestion EyeDooIt!

Hey Sara!! Welcome!! Your lights are awesome, I have to say I am really happy with them :) Thank you for being so awesome with all of your help!

Looks great... I am lame and forget to get back but I would like to know when you are done what your impressions are so I will try.

Buck

Ice you can also do a layer of perlite at the bottom of the pot to help with drainage and help prevent root rot. I did that this go round and it seems to be helping a lot. I'm using the medium size perlite which are still pretty decent sized so not much of them comes out through the bottom of the pots.

Ice you can also do a layer of perlite at the bottom of the pot to help with drainage and help prevent root rot. I did that this go round and it seems to be helping a lot. I'm using the medium size perlite which are still pretty decent sized so not much of them comes out through the bottom of the pots.

Thats a great Idea, I actually kicked myself for thinking about doing this before mixing my soil, and totally forgot to do it when I potted my plants.. Definitely will have to remember this for next round! Thanks EyeDooit!

Looks great... I am lame and forget to get back but I would like to know when you are done what your impressions are so I will try.

Buck

Hey Buckshot! Thanks for stopping by!! So far I have to say I am really impressed with what I am seeing with the TOP LED lights. The 144x3w is so far making my vegging plants very happy on just the veg setting, and the Mars II 80x5w is keeping up with my 400w CMH in my flowering tent and using 1/3 of the electric! I am so far very happy and hope that good things are to come!

Hey Everyone, Flowering Update for tonight!!! This would make Day 27 of flowering from the flip. I have to say I couldn't be happier with how the Mars II 80x5w is performing. When looking at the OG's on each side of my tent, the growth is exactly the same as the 400w CMH but seems a tad bit frostier on the LED side. Now this may be due to them not being the exact same strain of OG, but with similar growth traits in each strain, the performance is definitely equal if not better :)

Things are looking good in the tent and I am giving my girls a good break from watering for a few days because I really want the soil to dry out and for them to stress slightly as well as help the roots sprawl and start finding all those soil goodies I added :) I probably will be waiting until about mid week to feed them but it all depends on how the soil drys.

Overall the girls smell and look great, they are getting very full with trichomes all over the buds, sugar leaves and even some of the fan leaves. All of them look much better at this point than last grow, but I don't think they have the high brix that I thought they would have at this point. The leaves are healthy and pointing upwards, but they lack the shine and the brilliant green that high brix usually displays but overall will still be some great organic/natural bud :)

I also gave the girls a foliar feeding tonight of a mix similar to what I was using when I hit very high brix levels a few grows back. I mixed up 1/2 gallon of r/o water with:

all nutrients/additives were in amounts less than 5ml
carboload
raw organic bee honey
2-0-0 cal/mag with calcium nitrate and Iron
humic acid
fulvic acid
cold pressed seaweed
2-4-0 hydrolyzed fish
0-3-2 EJ Bloom
EJ microblast
Spinosad
cocacola

Well here are the photos with the girls in all their glory.

I turned off the LED for some of the photo's for more true color and viewing.

Full Tent Views
DSC07707.JPG
DSC077081.JPG
DSC077092.JPG
DSC077101.JPG
DSC077131.JPG

OGiesel
DSC077111.JPG
DSC077121.JPG
DSC077143.JPG
DSC077151.JPG
DSC077162.JPG

University Hills OG
DSC077171.JPG
DSC077182.JPG

GSC
DSC077192.JPG
DSC077201.JPG
DSC077212.JPG

Blue Dream
DSC077221.JPG
DSC077233.JPG
DSC077241.JPG

Cherry Pie
DSC077251.JPG
DSC077262.JPG
DSC07727.JPG

SFV OG
DSC077281.JPG
DSC07729.JPG
DSC077301.JPG
DSC07731.JPG

Hey buddy, is that a ducks footed girl I see? I'm sure Donpaul is gonna be doing some experimentation on one of his girls that's thrown that trait. Supposed to be a very good thing apparently? Not to clued up on the theory myself but if its true that they are supposed to be more potent than other pheno's then great for you!

Those, sir, are some high brix plasticy looking leaves you got there. Bravo!

Thanks Tavosvo! They are starting to get there, definitely not like I have had in the past, but way frostier this time :)

Update!!! Today is Day 31 of Flowering and the girls are continuing to stack on weight and pack on more trichomes. I have been letting the soil dry out much more between watering and so I checked the soil today to see how things are looking with my soil moisture probe. The OG's are beginning to sag a little so I knew they were due for water and the Cherry Pie and GSC are also due for a watering. The Blue dream and Ogiesel are not sucking up as much water and the pots are still pretty moist so I am not going to water them tonight and let them dry out much more to help spread the roots and really fill in the rootball.

Tonight I will be watering 4 of the 6 flowering plants and I will be just giving them regular r/o water with a little fulvic acid, organic b, cold pressed seaweed, carboload and hygrozyme. I want to let the girls feed off the soil so I don't want to give them any additional nutrients this round and next feeding will be a full blown earthjuice soil drench.

Well here are the photo's of the girls...

Full Tent views
DSC07741.JPG
DSC077421.JPG
DSC077492.JPG
DSC077641.JPG
DSC077651.JPG
DSC07766.JPG

OGiesel
DSC077441.JPG
DSC077502.JPG

University Hills OG
DSC077431.JPG
DSC077511.JPG

GSC
DSC077451.JPG
DSC077521.JPG
DSC077531.JPG
DSC077541.JPG

Blue Dream
DSC077462.JPG
DSC07761.JPG
DSC077621.JPG
DSC07763.JPG

Cherry Pie
DSC077472.JPG
DSC077551.JPG
DSC077561.JPG
DSC077571.JPG

SFV OG

DSC077481.JPG
DSC077581.JPG
DSC077591.JPG
DSC077601.JPG

Those plants look great. My gsc clone I was gifted and ran one time had very similar looking leaves. Thick. Mine was animal crackers though, not so minty.

Your Hills OG and blue dream also make me drool. Can't wait to start my daydream haze (blue dream x Nevil's wreck)

Any more differences in growth/trichome production on MH side vs LED? I think I saw you mentioned more frost on the LED side? But maybe I'm dreaming lol sorry if I making shit up. I'm interested in the middle plants. Always like mixed tech and spectrums.

And my 5th edit of this post: thanks bro for the the inspiration to go GLR. My plants look great. I think that GLR makes both my ladies and my wallet happy so I'll be sticking with it!

Those plants look great. My gsc clone I was gifted and ran one time had very similar looking leaves. Thick. Mine was animal crackers though, not so minty.

Your Hills OG and blue dream also make me drool. Can't wait to start my daydream haze (blue dream x Nevil's wreck)

Any more differences in growth/trichome production on MH side vs LED? I think I saw you mentioned more frost on the LED side? But maybe I'm dreaming lol sorry if I making shit up. I'm interested in the middle plants. Always like mixed tech and spectrums.

And my 5th edit of this post: thanks bro for the the inspiration to go GLR. My plants look great. I think that GLR makes both my ladies and my wallet happy so I'll be sticking with it!

Its funny you mentioned about the GSC not smelling minty. Last run she smelled like a minty kush cookie dough and this run more just like a sweet cookie dough. I am wondering why the smell is different from my last run since it is a clone of the last run? Not too sure but this time it definitely smells much stronger :)

The Hills OG is definitely one of my favorite OG's. Its not really strong og tasting but rather a mix of fruity flavors with a kushy undertone and a sweet sweet smoke on the lips. I love how it yields pretty heavy each time and the high is so dank.. Love it :)

Hmm...differences in trichome production.. well I looked tonight and its really hard to say. Since I don't have 2 of the same plants on each side I looked at my OG's which develop very similar. They look very very close as far as bud size and development, as well as trichome production. They look to be pretty close however I did notice that the lower buds on the CMH side have more trichomes than the ones on the LED side. Not by much at all, but slightly. Again this also may be due to many different things and not just the lights but something I noticed when looking.

I then looked at the GSC in the middle front. I looked at each side since it sprawls under both lights. The growth again looks very similar and the only thing I noticed is that on the LED side there seemed to be a few more white pistils per bud than the CMH side, but both were about same size buds, and also had same density and trichome production.

Its really hard to say which produces more trichomes since there also is a lot of light that bleeds over from one side to the other, so the whole tent really is getting the best of both the LED and CMH. Definitely a great combo :)

I'm glad you are liking the GLR. I definitely was hooked when I used it and also seemed to notice my plants looking healthier and happier. Also cutting some $$ of my electric bill was a huge plus. Now with my LED in my veg tent, it costs virtually nothing to run that tent compared to before. :)

Here is just a quick photo update for day 32 flowering.... I can't believe how frosty they are getting and this early. I really haven't been feeding them much and overall they look better than previous grows. Definitely can't wait to see how they turn out.

Full Tent View
DSC07783.JPG

OGiesel
DSC07784.JPG
DSC07785.JPG
DSC07786.JPG
DSC077871.JPG
DSC077891.JPG
DSC077902.JPG

University Hills OG
DSC077921.JPG
DSC077931.JPG
DSC07795.JPG
DSC077962.JPG

GSC
DSC077981.JPG
DSC077991.JPG
DSC078001.JPG
DSC078021.JPG
DSC078031.JPG
DSC078042.JPG

Blue Dream
DSC078061.JPG
DSC078071.JPG
DSC078081.JPG
DSC078091.JPG
DSC078051.JPG

Cherry Pie
DSC078101.JPG
DSC078111.JPG
DSC078121.JPG
DSC078131.JPG

SFV OG
DSC078141.JPG
DSC078151.JPG
DSC07816.JPG
DSC07817.JPG
DSC07818.JPG
DSC07819.JPG

Happy Shatterday everyone!!! Today would be day 34 of flowering. I am preparing to leave for 9 days in which the girls will be unattended and this is the longest I have ever left them alone before so I am a little nervous about doing so. Now that I have the LED lights I am much more confident that things will go fine and the tents will not get too hot but still always there is that factor of the unknown happening at anytime so I still am nervous.

I plan on watering the girls right before I leave and letting the runoff sit in the drain pans. I have been sucking it up after all of my feedings so the soil shouldn't have much of a salt buildup since I have been draining the runoff each time, but for the sake of me leaving for 9 days, I think I am going to let it sit. I have done this in the past and the girls and the soil suck it up within a day so I should be ok by doing this. I am more afraid of them going 9 days without another watering, but currently they are getting watered about every 5-6 days so I think they will make the extra stretch.

Yesterday evening I got a Earthjuice Tea going: I usually bubble my Earthjuice teas for 36-48 hours because right when mixed, EJ teas usually sit around 3.9 to 4.0 ph and over this 36-48 hours the PH rises perfectly to right around 6.4PH. It seems my plants prefer the bubbled and aged tea vs just pouring it in after a short bubbled tea. I mixed up 5 gallons of R:O water with:
40ml Earthjuice Grow 2-1-1
45ml EJ Bloom 0-3-1
30ml of EJ Micro
40ml of EJ Catalyst
30ml of 5:1 General Organics Cal/Mag
20ml of 2-0-0 Botanicare Cal/Mag 3:1 with Iron
30ml of Advanced Nutrients Organic B 0-0-1
A few drops of Liquid Orca (bacteria's for the soil)

After just an hour the mix already was looking nice and frothy!
DSC07820.JPG

I also wanted to to make sure that my girls got a good foliar feeding before I left since some nutrients by foliar application take hours to be taken up by the plant, and some day days to weeks to be taken up. I figure this will hold them off until I get back and since they are now getting into mid to later flowering I only may be spraying them 1 or 2 more times anyways. I mixed up 1/2 gallon of r/o water and added:

2 cups of my earthjuice tea that has been bubbling for 24 hours (also will feed the girls this tomorrow right before I leave).
10ml of Adv. Nutr. Organic B 0-0-1
10ml of 10-0-0 calcium nitrate 10% calcium
20ml of 2-4-0 hydrolyzed fish
20ml of cold pressed seaweed
Spinosad (to make sure no thrips or mites or anything else snack on my plants while I'm goin) Its organic and protects for up to 3 weeks against many pests) This will be my last application of any pest related sprays.

The girls by the day are looking great and they seem to be really starting to take on some weight now and still are continuing to shoot out tons of thick white pistils. So far I am very impressed with this Mars II 80wx5. I definitely plan on getting 2 more to replace the 400w CMH in my tent. I want to get one that is the same spectrum's as the 1st one. And the 2nd one I want to have custom made to add more of a white spectrum, definitely adding UV, and also would like more in the yellow/orange area and more boost in the aqua/green/blue area... I think this would add to a fuller spectrum with concentration in key areas for the other photo pigments in the plant. I still have to think about doing this but either way I will be ordering more MarsII in the near future. I was even thinking it would be cool to rock 2x mars II lights and in the middle rock a advanced LED XML150 or a budmaster just to add to the available spectrums and add variety to the tent as well. :) who knows because it still will be a while before this happens. At least around harvest time if not later.

Well I apologize that I wont have any updates until after Thanksgiving Holiday weekend so I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving and enjoys good herbs, good food, good friends and great family!

Here are my pics for today: Day 34 flowering from the flip

Full Tent Views
DSC07832.JPG
DSC07833.JPG
DSC078343.JPG
DSC078602.JPG
DSC078613.JPG
DSC078613.JPG

OGiesel
DSC07835.JPG
DSC07836.JPG
DSC078371.JPG
DSC078381.JPG

University Hills OG
DSC078392.JPG
DSC07840.JPG
DSC07841.JPG

GSC
DSC07842.JPG
DSC078432.JPG
DSC07844.JPG
DSC078452.JPG

Blue Dream
DSC07846.JPG
DSC07847.JPG
DSC07848.JPG
DSC07849.JPG

Cherry Pie
DSC078502.JPG
DSC078511.JPG
DSC078531.JPG

SFV OG
DSC078541.JPG
DSC078561.JPG
DSC078571.JPG
DSC078581.JPG
DSC078593.JPG

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!! I am thankful for 420 magazine and all the wonderful friends and growers that I have met and mingled with here.

Hey Ice everything looks fantastic :)

I hope you have a great trip.

I think the difference's in your gsc's from the last round to this one is the soil. That last round was in older run soil if I recall correctly, higher salt content gives that flavor and scent :)

They're looking spectacular, Ice - really nice!

They'll be fine - have a great Holiday!

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom