InTheShed Grows Inside & Out: Jump In Any Time

Here's some info on them. I found it interesting and sent them some questions but the send button wouldn't send. I'll try again later. Nice find Carmen!

Awesome! I hope it works as advertised. Imagine.

Happy Wednesday everyone and :welcome: to the start of my summer 2024 grow!

In this post I'll be featuring the first and only seed that split and came up, and that's the @SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy. You can read all about it here:
https://www.seedsman.com/us-en/purple-ghost-candy-feminised-seeds-sman-pgcandy-fem

As I mentioned previously, the PGC is part of Seedsman's comparative grow all over the site, and I'll be one of those folks in the last batch who are growing outside, harvesting sometime in the fall. And because it's part of the sponsored grow, this plant will get its own individual updates. :thumb:

Here it was around 11pm on Tuesday night:

And at 8am this morning, we have day 1:

Above ground means it planting time! FFOF in a solo cup, mixed with some mycorrhizae:

Check out the tap root on this baby...it's already got peach fuzz!

No peat cover for me when I plant. I want the roots to have zero impediments on their way to filling the cup:

I leave the soil about a quarter inch lower than the peat so I can water around it without getting it wet. I feel like it helps prevent damping off by keeping the stem dry.

And here it is in the sun on day one:

Thanks for following along, and :thanks: to Seedsman for the seeds!

[Quotes and other updates later after I've had a chance to read up on Zetrisil.]

Not a single congrats/woohoo/good job reply? Tough crowd! :cheesygrinsmiley:

In other news, neither of the CapJunky seeds had split by this morning so I dropped a third in there with them:

In seed-making news, I put the pistil plant outside and then collected more pollen off the STS, about the same amount each day. From the looks of the sacs there are still many days to go!

Quotes:
nice. seeds coming soon. good luck
Well done on the pollen making Shed, great effort. Now the exciting wait for confirmation of seeds.
Thanks Mark and Stunger! I'll get some pics of the pistils and we can see if any look like they have seeds starting to develop at the base.
Full steam ahead !! 🚂🚂🚂🚂
The little engine(s) that could...thanks sb!
Hey Shed, I want to get your view and others on this new product that is being promoted locally as a pesticide and fungicide. This is what they say:
"It is safe to use at any stage of growing. It destroys and cleans existing infestations of all soft shelled insects, powder mildew, and mold. It can be used as a preventative to infestations if used routinely during the grow cycle (every 7 – 10 days) The 20ml to 1L of water formula immediately brings back the shine and luster to your plant leaves and washes away all harmful powdery mildew, germs, and soft shelled insects after killing them. Its main active ingredient is Zetrisil, which is a nano-based silicone compound that kills harmful insects and fungus mechanically, with no chemicals."

It's called Ninja Goldfish Plant Wash. Apparently it is available in the US.
Thanks for finding that Carmen, and thanks Otter for the NGPW info below!
Here's some info on them. I found it interesting and sent them some questions but the send button wouldn't send. I'll try again later. Nice find Carmen!

I went to their Safety Data Sheet page to find the ingredients, and this is what they have listed:
Soybean oil: 9-20%
Corn Oil: 2-10%
Peppermint Oil: 0.25-1.5%

Zetrisil isn't listed but according to the manufacturer (Zetrisil® – ESC Brands, LLC) it seems to be manufactured to increase the effectiveness of disinfectants & sanitizers, and it is in the sales pitch for the NGPW, with this additional bit of info:
"Additionally, this safe and long-lasting nano antimicrobial coating sanitizes, disinfects, and provides prolonged protection for people and their clothing in public or private work facilities."
Source

Since its main ingredients are soybean and corn oil (much like @Absorber's canola suggestion), I'm not sure I'd use it in flower either, not to mention is Zetrisil something we should be setting on fire and inhaling? Who knows! In veg I'll stick with neem but I'll give canola a try to see if it's as effective and obviously cheaper.

In this post I'll be featuring the first and only seed that split and came up, and that's the @SeedsMan Purple Ghost Candy. You can read all about it here:
https://www.seedsman.com/us-en/purple-ghost-candy-feminised-seeds-sman-pgcandy-fem

As I mentioned previously, the PGC is part of Seedsman's comparative grow all over the site, and I'll be one of those folks in the last batch who are growing outside, harvesting sometime in the fall. And because it's part of the sponsored grow, this plant will get its own individual updates. :thumb:

Above ground means it planting time! FFOF in a solo cup, mixed with some mycorrhizae:

No peat cover for me when I plant. I want the roots to have zero impediments on their way to filling the cup:

I leave the soil about a quarter inch lower than the peat so I can water around it without getting it wet. I feel like it helps prevent damping off by keeping the stem dry.

[Quotes and other updates later after I've had a chance to read up on Zetrisil.]
That's quit the tap root and nice baby, hope your capjunky seeds crack soon. WooHoo :thumb: 🍋

beautiful bro hope its yields 8lb!

Highya ITS,

I wanted to say how much I liked your STS presentation. Worked so well, I'll try it this summer. You made it look easy! I got distracted by the Zetrisil thing. I'm glad your Purple Ghost Candy sprouted and is off and growing! Looks like a promising strain. Great job!! Happy Smokin'

NIce! Mine's a real grower so be ready!
Since its main ingredients are soybean and corn oil (much like @Absorber's canola suggestion), I'm not sure I'd use it in flower either, not to mention is Zetrisil something we should be setting on fire and inhaling? Who knows! In veg I'll stick with neem but I'll give canola a try to see if it's as effective and obviously cheaper.
They still aren't taking mail from their own site so there's something to be said about that. I'm not sure what yet but I'm with you ^^^.

They still aren't taking mail from their own site so there's something to be said about that. I'm not sure what yet but I'm with you ^^^.
Not a good sign, right? I tried to send them a few questions too, and just kept getting an error message.

In other news, neither of the CapJunky seeds had split by this morning so I dropped a third in there with them:

In seed-making news, I put the pistil plant outside and then collected more pollen off the STS, about the same amount each day. From the looks of the sacs there are still many days to go!

Quotes:

Thanks Mark and Stunger! I'll get some pics of the pistils and we can see if any look like they have seeds starting to develop at the base.

The little engine(s) that could...thanks sb!

Thanks for finding that Carmen, and thanks Otter for the NGPW info below!

I went to their Safety Data Sheet page to find the ingredients, and this is what they have listed:
Soybean oil: 9-20%
Corn Oil: 2-10%
Peppermint Oil: 0.25-1.5%

Zetrisil isn't listed but according to the manufacturer (Zetrisil® – ESC Brands, LLC) it seems to be manufactured to increase the effectiveness of disinfectants & sanitizers, and it is in the sales pitch for the NGPW, with this additional bit of info:
"Additionally, this safe and long-lasting nano antimicrobial coating sanitizes, disinfects, and provides prolonged protection for people and their clothing in public or private work facilities."
Source

Okurrrr...doesn't sound like something I wanna ingest.

Thursday update, and we have finally cracked the CapJunky code...third time's the charm!

Planted in a peat puck and now the next round of waiting. :slide:

And since I know folks like games, how about a round of "Are these seeds or plain old calyxes?"

Finally, here's the hash box with the dehuey, made glorious summer by the suns of pollen:

I think I have pretty much all the pollen I need, so I'll collect for a few more days and toss the plant this weekend.

Very overcast today so the Purple Ghost Candy is hanging out under the CFL on the desk.

That's it for me! :peace:

Quotes (and thanks for giving me posts to quote :thumb: ) :
beautiful bro hope its yields 8lb!
Thanks Mark, and I'd be good with that!
Whoop. Sprout party.
Looking good Mr Shed, as always. I'm going to try to read a few pages back. This thread still moves as fast as it used to.
Thanks for the visit Lerugged! Holding thumbs that your plants survived the wind storm. :nervous-guy:
I wanted to say how much I liked your STS presentation. Worked so well, I'll try it this summer. You made it look easy! I got distracted by the Zetrisil thing. I'm glad your Purple Ghost Candy sprouted and is off and growing! Looks like a promising strain. Great job!!
If you go the STS route this summer, let me know if I can offer up any guidance you might need! And I just hope that stuff isn't one of those things that gives you taint infections I hear about in the drug ads. ;)
NIce! Mine's a real grower so be ready!
I'm champing at the bit, that's how ready I am!
Yeah, the whole disinfectant/works-on-clothing thing makes me wary.
Not a good sign, right? I tried to send them a few questions too, and just kept getting an error message.
:hmmmm: Might be a side effect of Zetrisil.
I thought the same thing! It would be interesting to hear what they say!
I'm hoping that if anyone hears back they'll let us know!
Okurrrr...doesn't sound like something I wanna ingest.
IKR?
:happy-birthday: Little one hope she grows Big and Strong for ya Shed ,, wonder why you have no breakage on the others ,now 3 damn .
Thanks sb! I'm going to try to keep this one to a size that fits through the door without scraping the flowers. :)
The crickets worked!!!! The freshest frass around.
LOL I almost linked to that post but it was confusing enough the first time around. :laugh:
I acknowledge your need for validation
:Namaste:
Woo-hoo!!!!
:thanks:

Thursday update, and we have finally cracked the CapJunky code...third time's the charm!

Planted in a peat puck and now the next round of waiting. :slide:

And since I know folks like games, how about a round of "Are these seeds or plain old calyxes?"

Finally, here's the hash box with the dehuey, made glorious summer by the suns of pollen:

I think I have pretty much all the pollen I need, so I'll collect for a few more days and toss the plant this weekend.

Very overcast today so the Purple Ghost Candy is hanging out under the CFL on the desk.

That's it for me! :peace:

Quotes (and thanks for giving me posts to quote :thumb: ) :

Thanks Mark, and I'd be good with that!

Thanks for the visit Lerugged! Holding thumbs that your plants survived the wind storm. :nervous-guy:

If you go the STS route this summer, let me know if I can offer up any guidance you might need! And I just hope that stuff isn't one of those things that gives you taint infections I hear about in the drug ads. ;)

I'm champing at the bit, that's how ready I am!

Yeah, the whole disinfectant/works-on-clothing thing makes me wary.

:hmmmm: Might be a side effect of Zetrisil.

I'm hoping that if anyone hears back they'll let us know!

IKR?

Thanks sb! I'm going to try to keep this one to a size that fits through the door without scraping the flowers. :)

LOL I almost linked to that post but it was confusing enough the first time around. :laugh:

:Namaste:

:thanks:
Glad you got a CJ going nice hash box

Congratulations on the baby (now babies), and top tip!
:laugh:
From the looks of the sacs there are still many days to go!
Amazing.
Who knows! In veg I'll stick with neem but I'll give canola a try to see if it's as effective and obviously cheaper.
Harumph, what a disappointment. Thank you for looking at it. Yes, much cheaper to try the canola :thumb:
Yes indeed.
The crickets worked!!!! The freshest frass around.
:laugh:
:popcorn:my money on the former...
:rofl: you can try
:rofl:

Oh gosh, I'm so glad I got here late and stoned. I haven't had such a good long laugh in a while. Excellent, what a catch up sesh. Shed your tutorials are always to the point and perfectly illustrated, thank you for taking the time.

Hey, I'm lucky a spot opened up...seemed busy enough to me...of course, I am a day late...:hmmmm:

Congrats on the PGC, and on coaxing a CapJunky out of her shell!
how about a round of "Are these seeds or plain old calyxes?"
Sounds good!

So- which are they?

j/k...
I think most of them are 'with seed', although, I'd have to squeeze one to be sure...

Back
Top Bottom