Welcome FreakBudz.

SD you are killing it man.

I will not have all the inputs I want to play with for this go around. I will have some to see some of the effects. I have some of the High Brix soil all cooked up, but plants were here and growing before soil was ready so had to Tunker it. I will say I am out of my comfort zone with this grow. Time will tell how they turn out..

They got a hairdo on Saturday.

IMG_20171126_214859.jpg

OK sub'd... now for the questions:

What's a "haircut" for plants?

Girls look happy... when are you going to put them in the sugar & vomit shit from the KNF thing?? :popcorn:

and Sub'd for the flowers.

OK sub'd... now for the questions:

What's a "haircut" for plants?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he topped them.

Girls look happy... when are you going to put them in the sugar & vomit shit from the KNF thing?? :popcorn:

and Sub'd for the flowers.
I know, right? I'm looking forward to seeing how the plants respond to this natural method. It's organic with an Asian twist. I'm reading up on it just because the voices tell me to. It's not something I'll ever try but I'm glad you are, JustMeds!

One thing I noticed tonight in looking through a bunch of pictures. Somehow I think we should come up with something of a certain size and color we could place in pictures to get a true sense of size and color of what we are looking at.

Ya, I am out of the box again.

Well a few days ago when it was not freezing outside I went through the woods. I grabbed a couple of handfuls of the top 2 inches of soil from under many nice looking old trees. That all came home with me and was placed in the tote you see in picture below for my in-house IMO chamber. After a day to warm up good in the grow room I added the cooked rice in the homemade old tee shirt container. The results you see are after 4 days. Its a start :thumb:

IMG_20171129_171403.jpg
IMG_20171129_171353.jpg
IMG_20171129_171338.jpg

Now I can make some IMO2.

The interesting thing about soil it that it only acts as a storage/conditioning medium for the nutrients that the plants need. That's why hydroponics is even possible. The plants don't need the actual dirt, only what's held in the dirt in the form of usable nutrients and microorganisms. If you read the book "The Martian" it went into some detail as to how he created a viable growth medium by supplementing the sterile Martian soli with what he had available. Good book, btw! Way better than the movie.

In looking at my veggy garden over the past few years I can really see the things I have added to the soil helping. This year I went with a more aged compost ( couple years old ). WOW, them tomatoes out of the garden this year were the best I have ever eaten. I see where the Dutch have got the hydroponics worked out and they are getting like 70 lbs off a square meter. Here in the US they are a little over 50 lbs. I can't help but feel there are some things in the soil that will just never make it into a bottle that could be place in a res. I really liked growing in the tub system I built, I think you could go every 3-4 hours and notice some growth.

I added some nematodes into all the soil in grow room tonight. Hopes are will not have to deal with gnats, aphids or bad mites later. I have some hospis miles mites coming tomorrow to cut loose also.

Back
Top Bottom