KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

King I have enjoyed your journal and have learned a lot. I just got three free LA Confidential seeds in a seed order I just received. Let us know when you start a new journal. Happy Munchday.

If I run across immature seeds resembling KJC's 2nd photo would it be a waste of time trying to sprout?

Maybe put them where you found Laverne and her brother Shirley for the next BA* around the way.

Just wanted to say hello Maharaj
At the Moment I am in the doon valley but leave tommorrow for Jaganatha Puri it is a little cold here & will become much colder very soon
sorry I haven't been in touch somwhere along the way I hope to be able to stop and read this latest grow of yours at the moment there are eyes on me so it is hard
However as I said to some one else in Puri Ganja is sold in government shops and Bung is encouraged so it will be the relaxing part of a very tier-ing journey
As I know you to be very compitant on the use of our fav herb could I be so bold as to ask can it help thyroid problems,,,as it seems (with the help of other herbs and silver) my Padmavati no longer has Multiple Sclerosis!!!!!
But this very good doc said she has a thyroid problem plus maybe toxic issues, All our love Maharaj an I will be thinking of all of you wonderful 420 folks
Jai Jaganatha your well wisher Jagamohan

Thanks for sharing your grow with us! :cheesygrinsmiley:
Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :Namaste:

feminized seeds were produced that are exact genetic copy's of the mother plant. following the information that I have laid out in this journal anyone of you can produce feminized seeds from your mother plants and back up your genetics for future use. I hope that everyone will now be able to enjoy feminized seeds of your favourite plants and that you have produced yourselves

Great journal KJC. Thanks for sharing the process.

I have a question about the above statement's accuracy. I apologize in advance if I'm a little pedantic. :blalol:

If the original mother was not feminized, how can it be an exact genetic copy? I suspect there is some detail in this I'm missing, perhaps relating to the male and female haploids? I'm guessing that the theory here is that by getting the plant to produce it's own pollen, you're 'breeding' identical DNA. The resulting seeds are 'feminized' because you know the DNA is from this female plant. The problem I'm having with this is normal genetic variation tells me these seeds won't be identical. The male and female side each provide half the DNA, right? In a normal breeding of distinct male and female plants, we don't get seeds that all express identical genetics, so why would this method produce identical seeds? Wouldn't the normal variation occur?

KJC, please don't take any of this as my criticizing. It is purely a quest for knowledge and understanding. :Namaste:

How do the normal rules of variation not apply?

If this were true, why aren't all the seeds identical in a normal cross?

In a normal crossing between a male and female cannabis plant we can see there are many variations of the cross that are discarded in favour of a single phenotype so a strain may be developed. In the case feminized pollen used to seed a clone of the same plant the only genetics in play are the same.

hmmm.. I'm still unsure.

I'm going to go do some reviewing. I took Botany 20+ years ago. I know it has something to do with the haploid and diploids combining, but I think you have 4 possible variants without accounting for any random probability, ie mutation.

Again I need to review, but here is what I'm thinking...

You have a plant. It has a diploid of genes that get's split into 2 haploids. These are the genetics each parent passes on. In this case, we have the same parent, but we still have 2 haploids. Let's call them A and B. That means we can have the following combinations. AA, AB, BA, BB.

I'm sure I'm confused. It has been 20 years after all. :blalol:
:scratchinghead: :loopy: :bong:

I'll go do some reading so I can use accurate terminology. I suspect I'm confusing 2 concepts. I'm also NOT disagreeing. :winkyface: I'm just trying to reconcile this voice in my head telling me there is something fishy about this.

hmmm.. I'm still unsure.

I'm going to go do some reviewing. I took Botany 20+ years ago. I know it has something to do with the haploid and diploids combining, but I think you have 4 possible variants without accounting for any random probability, ie mutation.

Again I need to review, but here is what I'm thinking...

You have a plant. It has a diploid of genes that get's split into 2 haploids. These are the genetics each parent passes on. In this case, we have the same parent, but we still have 2 haploids. Let's call them A and B. That means we can have the following combinations. AA, AB, BA, BB.

I'm sure I'm confused. It has been 20 years after all. :blalol:
:scratchinghead: :loopy: :bong:

I'll go do some reading so I can use accurate terminology. I suspect I'm confusing 2 concepts. I'm also NOT disagreeing. :winkyface: I'm just trying to reconcile this voice in my head telling me there is something fishy about this.

the normal rules don't apply when there are substantial mutagens involved.

so If i whant feminized seeds all i have to do is spray a feminized plant with colloidal silver ? and let the male flowers polinate itself ? o_O or do I have to polinate another female plant?

btw nice jurnal :bravo:

I did not use colloidal silver in this journal, I do not know how long it will take a female cannabis plant to produce female pollen when sprayed with colloidal silver. you can spray the bottom of one plant and produce female pollen and pollinate the top portion of the same plant.

Back
Top Bottom