KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

no my room is brick built so cant have vents in it unless i smashed some holes through the side walls, not my property so cant really do that, so my room is 3ft by 3ft and floor to ceiling high, i just leave the grow door open a few inches when the lights on and temps are ok that way, if i leave the door shut them temps rise over several hours, but can easily leave door shut for 4 or 5 hours this time of year without temps maxing out,

my goal was to produce seeds with Silver Thiosulfate, and that is what I have done. I do wish LA Confidential number 1 produced THC and was seeded. the process does work well. I still have to grade and count the seeds that were produced.

that you did. im sorry you didn't like the strain :/ I know your new plants are gonna be killer

I want to make seeds someday. maybe I should learn how to clone first LOL

Seed Harvest

58 Mature Seeds Produced with Silver Thiosulfate

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_11-02-2013_58_Mature_Seeds_Produced_with_Silver_Thiosulfate.jpg

73 Immature Seeds Produced with Silver Thiosulfate

Seed_Cabinet_LA_Confidential_11-02-2013_73_Immature_Seeds_Produced_with_Silver_Thiosulfate.jpg

some of those immature seeds look more on the mature side and also look viable
Happy Sativaday KJC :bravo:
looks like just a few tho

Your innocent by-stander speaks again KJC. How do you distinguish mature seeds from immature seeds?

based on colour, size and mottling, when a seed matures it changes to a darker colour and often develops either striped or patches of darker colour as well. Immature seeds are lighter green colour, small and possibly less deep brown.

Ok, I see that in your photos. So I'm assuming immature seeds wont sprout?

based on colour, size and mottling, when a seed matures it changes to a darker colour and often develops either striped or patches of darker colour as well. Immature seeds are lighter green colour, small and possibly less deep brown.

Here's some other factors that may affect the appearance of a seed (I'm not sure if it applies to hybrids or not; my breeding project will give me a sense of that when I'm finished):

From Hemp Diseases and Pests, Chapter 1: Principles of Plant Protection (I'll condense down to the pertinent info)

1. Cannabis Sativa: Achenes (seeds) usually >3.7 mm long, somewhat lens shaped with a blunt base, surface dull light-to-dark green and usually unmarbled.

2. Cannabis Indica: Achenes averaging 3.7 mm long, less lens shaped with a more rounded base, surface green-brown and marbled or unmarbled, with or without an abscission layer.

3. Cannabis Afghanica: Achenes usually <3.0 mm long, nearly round with a blunt base, surface shiny grey and marbled.

:peace:

If I run across immature seeds resembling KJC's 2nd photo would it be a waste of time trying to sprout?

LA Confidential number 2 was sprayed with Silver Thiosulfate for 28 days until it began to develop pollen sacks and several days more until the first female pollen sacks began to open, it took another 14 days until female pollen would fall when tapped. at this point LA Confidential number 2 was pollinated. the seeds were allowed to mature for 46 days on LA Confidential number 2. 58 mature feminized seeds and 73 immature feminized seeds were produced that are exact genetic copy's of the mother plant. following the information that I have laid out in this journal anyone of you can produce feminized seeds from your mother plants and back up your genetics for future use. I hope that everyone will now be able to enjoy feminized seeds of your favourite plants and that you have produced yourselves. I hope you have all enjoyed this journal and learned more about making your own feminized seeds. I will answer any questions you have about the process in this journal.

Thank you all for the Reputation and the Likes.

Back
Top Bottom