KushMeister's Second Grow - Afghan Kush - LA Woman - Medi Bomb 1

Day and a half, third page. I'm not surprised, your short list of strains is :yahoo:
I'm growing now/next Medi Bomb, Chronic, Lucy, Vantage, and Tora Bora. The one LA Woman I once grew had a fan club and didn't last long. Your Afghan is directly in my target zone for the future? Medi will speak to me directly. Yours will grow in natural shit, mine will grow in 'measure & pour'.
Fat fingered Indica girls :thumb:

Looks like a good soil. Im thinking of making a worm bin.
I like to fish and it makes some good product for soil.

Can't go wrong with a worm bin. I've got 6 raised garden beds loaded with worms. I wonder if I should put a few worms in my pots?

Day and a half, third page. I'm not surprised, your short list of strains is :yahoo:
I'm growing now/next Medi Bomb, Chronic, Lucy, Vantage, and Tora Bora. The one LA Woman I once grew had a fan club and didn't last long. Your Afghan is directly in my target zone for the future? Medi will speak to me directly. Yours will grow in natural shit, mine will grow in 'measure & pour'.
Fat fingered Indica girls :thumb:

PG, I'm glad you decided to drop in and that you like the line up. I'm excited by it too. My last grow I didn't get to choose what I was growing. The girls came with the set up. These new ones are my choice, with the wife's input too.

The LA Woman was a freebie. :thumb: I hear it's kick ass! Hopefully I can do it justice.

Other than the Medi Bomb, I'm not familiar with your line up, though I've seen plenty of people growing Lucy here on 420. It looks like a good choice. I don't suppose you're going with a vertical Gator cage set up again with all the different strains you've got, are you?

They were all seeds of new strains to me, six weeks ago when they popped out of the rinsed coir I planted them in. Cuttings from all of them taken 10 days ago are starting with the green growth that follows early new roots. In two weeks, I hope to flip the switch. I would rather and usually do grow one kind at a time, but I have these and just got to know. Like asking Dirty Harry, "Did you have one more in the chamber?"
From results, I will choose future intent. As always if I'm not backing up :smokin:

Yes, still dreaming of a vertical scrog array, but an octet around a bare vert HID is my speed. Short girls can get on a block to even-up the vertical canopy, so vert's a good choice for variety.

They were all seeds of new strains to me, six weeks ago when they popped out of they rinsed coir I planted them in. Cuttings from all of them taken 10 days ago are starting with the green growth that follows early new roots. In two weeks, I hope to flip the switch. I would rather and usually do grow one kind at a time, but I have these and just got to know. Like asking Dirty Harry, "Did you have one more in the chamber?"
From results, I will choose future intent. As always if I'm not backing up :smokin:

Yes, still dreaming of a vertical scrog array, but an octet around a bare vert HID is my speed. Short girls can get on a block to even-up the vertical canopy, so vert's a good choice for variety.

Any plans for a journal?

Any plans for a journal?
Actually yes Circles - Cycles - Vertical HIDs but, no pictures up yet. Technical impediments must be abated first.
I've been talking, yada yada. Two night ago, I cut another tray of 18 for donor service. That makes three of each kind plus one each seed plants. Plus two octets simultaneous identical verts, from the first tray.

Are those 3.5 inch pots, along with 5.5 inch pots that I see in that 1020 tray? For cuts & donors, that's what I use. I really like the terra-cotta color that I can label with a black marker. If a flimsy 1020 is loaded with either size, the snug fit strengthens all so that it can be carried/moved as a unit.

Actually yes Circles - Cycles - Vertical HIDs but, no pictures up yet. Technical impediments must be abated first.
I've been talking, yada yada. Two night ago, I cut another tray of 18 for donor service. That makes three of each kind plus one each seed plants. Plus two octets simultaneous identical verts, from the first tray.

Are those 3.5 inch pots, along with 5.5 inch pots that I see in that 1020 tray? For cuts & donors, that's what I use. I really like the terra-cotta color that I can label with a black marker. If a flimsy 1020 is loaded with either size, the snug fit strengthens all so that it can be carried/moved as a unit.

Cool! I'll check it out in a bit.

The girls are in 4" pots and the other larger pots are 5.5". They're leftover pots from our local garden center, mostly from xeriscape ground covers and such.

I'm not sure what a 1020 tray is, but what I have is two 12"x24" trays that came with inserts for 72 rapid rooter plugs and a humidity-dome cover. They are rather flimsy without the plug insert and cover. You have to be careful moving them around.

I'm going to try cloning one of these times, but not this time. I want to take the summer off from growing so I can go places. A baby sitter for the pets and veggie garden I can find, but not for the girls. Also, it's hard enough keeping my house cool in the summer, the electrical had a particularly hard time with running the AC and TV at the same time last summer. Adding grow lights into the equation would probably fry something. I have more seeds of these strains so I can always clone then later if I like them.

What I expect from those three trees of yours Kush, is enough that would keep me medicated for a year.

10"X20" are one of 2 standard nursery trays for handling square pots. 17" square is the other one.
I couldn't find the good ones local, nor online in the numbers I wanted so I kept looking.
McConkey Grower Products makes the best, of American recycled water-bottle plastic, but...
They're a manufacturer, they sell case lots, and they're a long way from me in Seattle.

Propa thing! Finest quality at the lowest price, throw in local recycled for shits and giggles.

What I expect from those three trees of yours Kush, is enough that would keep me medicated for a year.

10"X20" are one of 2 standard nursery trays for handling square pots. 17" square is the other one.
I couldn't find the good ones local, nor online in the numbers I wanted so I kept looking.
McConkey Grower Products makes the best, of American recycled water-bottle plastic, but...
They're a manufacturer, they sell case lots, and they're a long way from me in Seattle.

Propa thing! Finest quality at the lowest price, throw in local recycled for shits and giggles.

If I get three trees, I'll be able to throw some parties and still have enough meds to last me and my wife a couple of years. We're pretty light weight. Quantity isn't my primary objective. Quality and variety is what I'm after.

When you factor in material transportation costs, recycling doesn't make much sense unless, possibly if it's super local.

Howdy Kushmeister. If ya don't mind, I'll just drag my bean bag from your old journal and plop it back down in the corner of this one.
:)

When you factor in material transportation costs, recycling doesn't make much sense unless, possibly if it's super local.
I sooo lie to myself, but the KushMeister isn't buying it.
Maybe UPS burned no gas earning my $40? :rofl:

Still, they didn't come from China, and my pots are not part of that plastic island near Hawaii.
Too, I'm lucky: Me, my cat & crop drink tapwater and I can carry a cloth bag to the market.

Howdy Kushmeister. If ya don't mind, I'll just drag my bean bag from your old journal and plop it back down in the corner of this one.
:)

Please do Hiker. It's good to have you here. We're just discussing the merits of recycling. :thumb:

I sooo lie to myself, but the KushMeister isn't buying it.
Maybe UPS burned no gas earning my $40? :rofl:

Still, they didn't come from China, and my pots are not part of that plastic island near Hawaii.
Too, I'm lucky: Me, my cat & crop drink tapwater and I can carry a cloth bag to the market.

That reminds me, I should ride my bike to the store for those trips when I only need to pick up a few things.

Got admit all that petroleum based plastic bits floating around in the middle of the ocean contaminating sea organisms is troubling. That stuff has a way of working itself up the food chain, or just plain old disrupting it.

A final couple of pics of the Sleeskunk. And off she goes into a big pickle jar for a number of weeks to cure.

ss_buds.jpg

ss_buds2.jpg

sweet 2oz of good lookin bud:) man after the cure your going to smile and smile:)

sweet 2oz of good lookin bud:) man after the cure your going to smile and smile:)

:thanks: Yeah, I'm already smiling Fishy! :)

Also, a bonus! Three big plump seeds. Probably from the Kandy Kush. I've go back and look at the names we were bantering about. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom