Circles - Cycles - Vertical HIDs

Propa Gator

Stash getting low, time to make a new grow, lazy Gator must do what's right
Castle provides some Princely kind, now seven babies reach for the light

Baby sprouts all look the same. My dead camera won't make it different except you won't have to suffer my proud Propa show 'n tell. I germed by putting seeds dry into 3.5" square pots filled with wet coco coir, very shallowly. 60 hours later, 6 popped. The Reserva Privada Tora Bora came up 12 hours later, making me one happy camper.
One Sativa is DNA Cannalope Haze, my only regular seed... we'll see if she lives or he dies ;) All 6 others are fems, including Barney's Lucy. I love Lucy and have been very stingy with what of it I have. Medi and THC Bomb(s) are here, and CH9 Vantage. My final selection was Serious Chronic, for which I hold high hope for serious SOG production. All look suitable on the web pages :)

My old grow cabinets are pathetic messes, and must be torn out and replaced. Troubled old Kodak will be fixed or replaced in time for the new build, and to show growth progress. Haven't found the connection cord yet, duh...
Planning 3 4X4 flower boxes, and a dual-layer 2X5 veg room. This pushes my available space & power to the limit, but with commitment... we'll see.

In my previous journals, I worked for progress to show to my subscribers. With no active journal, I did nothing. Too, a journal gives me a record of when whatever is done or due. Join me and ask what the hell am I thinking or say what I miss or ought to know.
Might be fun, let's see how it goes :party:

Good to see you #1 Evo, you've liked a lot of my posts :thanks:

Near frantic to take and show off baby shots, such a proud Propa! I don't like babies. I hollered at Kush over at old folks thread for posting his baby shots. His were OK, but not mine! My babies are beeuooty full, doing well under 15,000 hr old T8s. Time for new tubes? Dumbass question. Two double tubes, 128 watt total light a 2X5 shelf for bonsai moms and fresh cuts, after these babies grow enough to donate limbs for the cause.

Been over three years since I buried a bean. My old ass is thrilled to be 100% sprout-up potent! Now if that Cannalope regular behaves, she'll be a fine addition to my harem. Five months away from a taste, oy vey.

well there wally gator my you have been a little quiet lately, had me worried. glad to see its nothing other than you getting your grow on:cheer:
If I may I would like very much to hang around and watch the fun.
as you know the older we get 5months is no time at all, ah maybe it will slow down time a bit. cant be all bad
good luck brother:popcorn::bravo:

Never doubted I'd see, you my friend BID with a handful of magic beans for testing :)
sticky non stinky blue mystic fem seeds need testing you see, biggest beans ive ever seen nearly pea sized some are!

Time's unpleasantly slow when laying low, hiding from the cold because I'm old.
you know the older we get 5months is no time at all, ah maybe it will slow down time a bit. cant be all bad
I was drifting, Fishcake. Had a bad attitude and thought to start this journal to get help. Motivation :peace:

Motivation is it? all that know me bare with me:)
there was this string walking down the road one day. the sun beating down on him very warm.
he came upon a saloon and figured he could use a drink. just as he approached the door it flew open and another string came flying out of it. then the bartender stood there and said "we dont serve strings!" the door slams shut.
the string helps up the other, as he dusts himself off he says "dont go in there they dont serve us strings."
the other string says"I'am thirsty and they will serve me!" so the string reaches in his back pocket, pulls out a pair of scissors and ties himself up at the top takes the scissors and SNIP bushes that out a bit.
he walks in the bar and slams his stringy hand down "innkeeper a drink here!"
the bartender walks down to the end of the bar and looks at the string. he says"hey your a string! we dont serve strings here!"
the string replIEs "NO I'AM AFRAID NOT"!:)
sorry just needed some typing practice and you have alot of space for me to fill J/K

So small a thing,
a seed
that grows the other thing,
the weed
we covet and secretly grow.

But I'm happy to sub and watch you online where you are hidden among the billions...

I have seen the gator around but I am too new to have seen a grow. I will be looking in and will try to follow. Do you do anything to the coco to prepare it for seedlings?

Cool to see a Gator Grow

You had me at "Vertical" :)

subbed

Im all in propa. Here to see the proper propa technique!
+reps
Thanks for the faith, however misplaced. Lost one already from arrogance.

Motivation is it? all that know me bare with me:)
sorry just needed some typing practice and you have alot of space for me to fill J/K
Practicing with your radical new Dvorak layout? :adore: I'm liking the idea of his one-handed layout, to leave my other hand available to my mouse, or coffee hoisting, or chatting in a back room :)

So small a thing,
a seed
that grows the other thing,
the weed
we covet and secretly grow.

But I'm happy to sub and watch you online where you are hidden among the billions...
An idea or a seed, so many possibilities
Both may take work to make it grow, but
A seed first needs to be sown

and the wizard walked by spreading his magic:cheer:
Wish it was easy! Real magic is careful camera angle and backstage preparation. Everything I need is in the seed, but it requires conditions like a Prima Donna. Well then, is she worth it?
"Oh yeah Sonny, play that. You messing with Mother Nature? You ask how much, you can't afford me"
"But, but, the boys said you was a sure thing"
"Oh hell yes you gonna fall in love big time, but first you will make me comfy and feed me"

I have seen the gator around but I am too new to have seen a grow. I will be looking in and will try to follow. Do you do anything to the coco to prepare it for seedlings?

Cool to see a Gator Grow
I just love literate requests that rhyme, so here's an answer that may be worth your time
Coco coir needs a rinse, till the tea runs clear from it
Chip enough off the block then add some water till it puffs out
Pack your pot no need to press, rinsing in place will settle it best

I hope you don't mind me following your journal Propa Gator. I have read your previous PE grow logs and have learned some things that would have been very hard to find out. I have some Thc Bomb flowering but I can't wait to see what yours will look like!:adore:
You may just follow fellow urban gardner, but I'd prefer participation. Don't be shy, just ask why I did what I done or why don't I do it 'this' more better way. I'll either tell you, or change my ways. Or somebody will :hmmmm:

You had me at "Vertical" :)

subbed
Shortly after I found this website, where I first met other growers, I found a bare vert grow. 360* radiation utilization, shazaam. I can't seem to let go the coattails I grabbed on to, don't want to. When I do see a better looking way, I'll jump on that but it hasn't happened yet. Every plant is the same distance from the bulb, and if I rig a vertical mover like a mini oil pump rig in super-slow-mo, every bud will get the same exposure.

I lost a baby :rip: THC Bomb. She kinked I don't know why, but 84* local @18% RH didn't help. Nothing was growing for a day or two. A fan stream got the temp down, and they're growing again despite the yet low humidity. I live in an ancient drafty house with over-driven radiators.
Oh well, the shorter chump winters we've been having will bring spring soon. More carbon scrubs and open windows :yahoo:

I bought a charging upload connection cord for my Kodak from the 'A' place, price & delivered for less than a trolley ride ;)
But it's not here yet

New camera cord got here, wrong size. Maybe my cat can find my old one, I'll ask him.

Babies are feeling good, and smiling. Two indicas got bit worse, a little brown end nip on their short fat starter leaves. Doing OK now. Tora Bora is my main head stash hope, but Vantage too is from the same clime. Cannalope Haze is said to be straight Sativa that flowers in eight weeks, my time allowance. Even Tora Bora, but one sizable plant can supply me well. I need only very small amounts to effect me. My thrifty Scotch relative approves, heard of Nessie? Doesn't waste many trips to the surface for photo ops, does she?

Medi Bomb looks like three leaves in a circle, we'll see how she grows. I will plug Kodak's butt, and get some pix up.

Lucy is a lovely girl, and is already teasing this old Gator. Goochie goo

The ringer in my little crew may be Chronic. Serious business. Mono crop SOG, up the ring wall lit vertically.
She'll have to prove herself of course, but she's already got Gator up on his High Horse.

If your cat is anything like mine... He will find it, then make sure it is more thoroughly lost. :) Good times.

I love these Gator Grows! For my next grow I'd really like to expand my tent and use the vert. 400 cmh again... Can't wait to see you do your thing!

Great strain choices! :) I've seen Lucy and MediBomb in action, the final product of each is quite nice. This short flowering haze sounds really nifty, gonna be flipping a long flowering one very soon... Blah.

That would be a funny picture, a gator on a horse... Just saying, I'd like to see it. Do you use a saddle?

Only way to get on a horse is give him a bale of weed first. Hope he lays down and plays dead ;)
My retard cat catches mice outside, lets them loose unharmed in here. Saving his toys?

Medi Bomb has triple nodes at this point, so we'll see about her.
Lucy may not play nice in a close-spaced no-veg SOG, but my first run will be as before, eight with some veg.

My plan- changes with wind - pinch these with three nodes popping. Top two shoots will be cut later for clones, put all six to flower.
Something like that, but... I have :idea: for 4" tube NFT thing. Takes time for big harem, many cuttings at once. This total restart thing sucks, I want to PROPAGATE! Three 4X4 boxes + veg closet to utilize.

Serious Chronic is best hope for SOG, CH9 Vantage backup. Others can play merry go round, height/timing less critical. Train them to sticks for a cylinder bud wall, as before. Inside a 4X4 box, a 400 may be more appropriate than 600 but mine is a JD Lightings that can throttle down.

Blue Planet Nutrients is another part of my grow that I don't have to worry about; nutrients will not be the growth limiter. With my steady tap water and coir's natural buffering, I just measure stir & pour. 5.9 everytime I test pH, so why worry?

Can't wait to see vertical grow
Me too, been looking at my babies 20 times a day, proud Propa that I am :)
Third node is propping up and soon that's the one to get pinched.
Maybe a month when they meet the night. Six weeks after sow down?

Back
Top Bottom