KushMeister's Second Grow - Afghan Kush - LA Woman - Medi Bomb 1

Have any but me stopped car at stop sign, waited for it to turn green? Get woke-up by the guy behind's horn. Flip the bird & gas it.
Then the cop runs his 'pull over' lights & cites? "whatsa matta ocifer? No, I haven't bin drinkin!" was lucky to not get thumped

Yes I have... but it was my Dad in the cop car! :yikes: Dirty bastard, sorry Grandma.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Moving Day

Out of the T5HO Seedling/Sprout room...

girls7.jpg

...and under the 400w MH in the grow closet, home for the duration. MB1 upper left, LA Woman lower right, sharing space with the tomatoes and basil.

girls22.jpg

:clap::clap::drool::drool::drool::drool::theband::rocker:

Close call last night. Before going to bed, I checked on the girls one last time. Good thing. The MH light was still on. The timer should have switched it off 2 hours earlier. Turns out I hadn't set the switch properly. It was in the "On" position instead of "Timer". An extra 2 hours of light wouldn't have been a problem, except the exhaust fan is on a different timer, set properly. It had turned off 2 hours earlier. This, combined with all the new insulation, walls, floor, and door, and the hotter running MH light and the temperature was an even 100F. Oops! I checked the small 4" pots and they were almost dry. Fortunately the girls looked fine. I switched the light off and gave them a cool drink of water and set the timer to "Timer". Disaster averted.

This AM the temp was still 92, so I removed the insulated floor covering and cracked the door. I also set the exhaust fan to run 50% of the time instead of only 25%. Temps have stabilized at 77. Perfect!

Last grow during veg, outside high temps were averaging in the teens to 20s. Now it's in the 60s. Today was 73F. Oh well, only a few more weeks and I can switch over to the cooler running HPS for flowering.

Close call last night. I switched the light off and gave them a cool drink of water and set the timer to "Timer". Disaster averted. This AM the temp was still 92, so I removed the insulated floor covering and cracked the door. I also set the exhaust fan to run 50% of the time instead of only 25%. Temps have stabilized at 77. Perfect!

Last grow during veg, outside high temps were averaging in the teens to 20s. Now it's in the 60s. Today was 73F. Oh well, only a few more weeks and I can switch over to the cooler running HPS for flowering.
Whew! Constant vigilance win AGAIN!:cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

Close call last night. Before going to bed, I checked on the girls one last time. Good thing. The MH light was still on. The timer should have switched it off 2 hours earlier. Turns out I hadn't set the switch properly. It was in the "On" position instead of "Timer". An extra 2 hours of light wouldn't have been a problem, except the exhaust fan is on a different timer, set properly. It had turned off 2 hours earlier. This, combined with all the new insulation, walls, floor, and door, and the hotter running MH light and the temperature was an even 100F. Oops! I checked the small 4" pots and they were almost dry. Fortunately the girls looked fine. I switched the light off and gave them a cool drink of water and set the timer to "Timer". Disaster averted.

This AM the temp was still 92, so I removed the insulated floor covering and cracked the door. I also set the exhaust fan to run 50% of the time instead of only 25%. Temps have stabilized at 77. Perfect!

Nice save kushy!:cheer:

Whew! Constant vigilance win AGAIN!:cheesygrinsmiley:
:tokin:

Things are never static. Always have to be on the look out for something.

BTW Hoz, I'm jealous of your ability to grow in your backyard. I've been to the valley of the sun before. Actually, I almost bought a house there about two years ago. It was a bank owned property. They tried to play hardball and didn't accept our offer. We walked away from the deal. 6 months later the house sold for 10k less than our offer. In the mean time, my wife got a new job and I got a raise, so we ended up staying put. All this is a long way of saying I'm familiar with the great cinder block walls you have around your yard. Plants kept low and bushy against the walls should be away from prying eyes, especially if the neighboring houses are single story. Very nice.

Speaking of work. Some of you may remember that I'm unemployed. Well, all that is going to change starting tomorrow. I have a thirty day trial period to see if I fit in at a new company. Keeping my finger crossed that it works out. I'm not ready to be retired.

P.S. Hoz, you're not the only one who gets censored around here. Meh, what are you going do? ;) :idea: +reps! There you go!

Things are never static. Always have to be on the look out for something.
BTW Hoz, I'm jealous of your ability to grow in your backyard. All this is a long way of saying I'm familiar with the great cinder block walls you have around your yard. Plants kept low and bushy against the walls should be away from prying eyes, especially if the neighboring houses are single story. Very nice. I have a thirty day trial period to see if I fit in at a new company. Keeping my finger crossed that it works out. I'm not ready to be retired.
I have grown on the stealth side of the yard for about 7 years, but never went all out...keepin' it small...no need for added attention. That's why I have three areas in plain sight with nothing but fruit and veggies!
Good luck with the new job.
:yahoo::slide::yahoo:
Reps back at ya!

I have grown on the stealth side of the yard for about 7 years, but never went all out...keepin' it small...no need for added attention. That's why I have three areas in plain sight with nothing but fruit and veggies!
Good luck with the new job.
:yahoo::slide::yahoo:
Reps back at ya!

You da man!

Back
Top Bottom