Lady Cannafan's Seedsman Comparative Grow Banana Jealousy ViparSpectra KS5000

Today I need to get the Geopots ready for the kids. The roots are coming out big time in the solo cups, I don't want any untangling or tearing of roots issues to deal with.

The Geopots are 3 gallon, and I have some polycarbonate 5 gallon bags which I might try one or two. I used those many years ago, they are just a little awkward to maneuver around when you need to move them.

I'm going to run short of grow medium, so might have to head off to the local nursery today and buy some more. Money money money....LOL

Thanks Lady that sound like great grow material. I would have to check out the price compared to FFOF or FFHF. 🍋
I just got home from the local hydro store myself.. another 100$ down.
I picked up some ffof to transplant my nanas into. Trying to decide if I want to up pot from solos into 1 gallon pots or go straight into the 5 gallon sips next week.

Seems to me that all the FF soils are of similar composition. A blend of coco and perlite. I think they all contain earth worm castings and bat guano, probably just in different amounts.
I’d be curious to know what a slurry test shows on the coco loco. The ffst I started in was @470 TDS. I’ll test the ffof tonight.

Time to go dig in the shed to see if I have any 1 gallon plastic pots in case I decide to up pot before final container

Well, they are in their new spacious homes. They look so tiny. LOL
I had an "almost" accident, poor Lois had a near miss by a wooden dowel that was across the top of my light hanging beams. I use that for the smaller COB led light that is over the new sprouts. It is now affixed good and secure.

She cussed me out considerably. Thank goodness it hit the soil instead of her. LOL

I had an "almost" accident, poor Lois had a near miss by a wooden dowel that was across the top of my light hanging beams. I use that for the smaller COB led light that is over the new sprouts. It is now affixed good and secure.

She cussed me out considerably. Thank goodness it hit the soil instead of her. LOL

What size pots lady? Anything special with your soil? Certain music you listened to while repotting?

What size pots lady? Anything special with your soil? Certain music you listened to while repotting?
Those are 3 gallon pots. I tried a couple of 5 gallon, but they were a bit big for the space, with at least 9 plants going.
The soil is Foxfarm Bushdoctor Coco-loco, but....I actually topped these pots with some home mixed mushroom substrate soil. I had coffee grounds in it too. I want to see if it adds to anything during growth.
Music is a necessity, there is a stereo in the grow room. Rock and roll, jazz, easy listening, hard rock.....it all depends on my mood. LOL

Lol
I posted slow… they look happy!

Are those 3 gallon pots? And is that their final container?
They look happy!
Yes, 3 gallon. Probably will be their final container, because I will have more plants to fit into the grow soon. I grew ten or 11 in the last grow and it was tight in there with the 3 gallon, any bigger would have been tough to maneuver and rotate the plants. Not forgetting LST training will widen their personal space out as well.
I think I've always used 3 gallon for indoor grows.
Maybe next season I'll move up to 5 gallon and see what happens.

Yes, 3 gallon. Probably will be their final container, because I will have more plants to fit into the grow soon. I grew ten or 11 in the last grow and it was tight in there with the 3 gallon, any bigger would have been tough to maneuver and rotate the plants. Not forgetting LST training will widen their personal space out as well..
Sorry, I started to post then got sidetracked then posted and realized OG asked the same question.. I’m 11 days in and still trying to decide if I want to up pot twice or just chuck em into the 5 gallon sips…and how I want to transition them to bottom feeding.
I should make up my mind because my first harvest is coming soon …

Sorry, I started to post then got sidetracked then posted and realized OG asked the same question.. I’m 11 days in and still trying to decide if I want to up pot twice or just chuck em into the 5 gallon sips…and how I want to transition them to bottom feeding.
I should make up my mind because my first harvest is coming soon …
I'll be watching to see what you do. Have a smoke, toke, edible.....think on it awhile. :)

that's awesome. I might have to up-pot earlier then I originally anticipated also. These girls are really starting to take off !!

Well, sleepless night again.
So, I dug out two digital video cameras and set them up for time lapse in the grow room.

One is on the Banana Jealousy kids to see if I can catch them dancing with leaf growth, and going to sleep, then waking up.
The other one is on the new sprouts (different seed strains), to watch them grow during the first couple of weeks.
I used to really enjoy doing time lapse vids.

Well, sleepless night again.
So, I dug out two digital video cameras and set them up for time lapse in the grow room.

One is on the Banana Jealousy kids to see if I can catch them dancing with leaf growth, and going to sleep, then waking up.
The other one is on the new sprouts (different seed strains), to watch them grow during the first couple of weeks.
I used to really enjoy doing time lapse vids.
Can’t wait to see that!
I for one, would love to see a time lapse and detailed log of training methods. What got cut and why along with the time lapse of the recovery, growth, and progression.
Your posts have become the highlight of my day … lol

Can’t wait to see that!
I for one, would love to see a time lapse and detailed log of training methods. What got cut and why along with the time lapse of the recovery, growth, and progression.
Your posts have become the highlight of my day … lol
We're going to see what I can do, now that I have two set up. I did a couple of time lapse during the first couple of years I was here, between 2013 and 2017. I think I did away with them a long time ago.

Personally, I want to see the progression after I've topped them, and then how they recover during LST training and start reaching up for light again.
New vids will be better and more detailed anyway.

Back
Top Bottom