Lady Cannafan's Seedsman Comparative Grow Banana Jealousy ViparSpectra KS5000

Good Mornfternoon friends.......

Roots! This is one of the clones taken from Lois on the 11th. I've planted this one and another from the 5th into solo cups and they've gone back into the Ecosphere mushroom tent for a week or so. Then I'll start checking the bottoms to see if the roots are emerging from the drain holes, and put them under the homemade COB LED starter light.

I'm waiting on one more from the 5th that isn't looking promising, and two more from the 13th.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Congrats on the nice white roots. Healthy looking clone & 🤞 for the rest.

Your old girls look great too 👌 💪

I was reading the help threads this morning, one of them had some comments about not growing in clear cups because the roots don't like the light.
This reminded me of an experiment I did back in 2014 with two seeds, each planted close to the side of the clear glass. I wanted to see if the roots would avoid the sides, or have any issues. There were no issues and the roots traveled well. From seed to seedlings. Sorry about the glitchy video, watering and adjusting the lighting affected things.
So, just for fun....here's my time lapse attempt back then.

You can see how much stretch the first girl did, the light was about 10 inches above them. I put my lights much closer to seedlings now to avoid that tall stretch.

Watch the 2nd girl dancing like a dancing queen. LOL

I wonder how this would look on the wall behind the Banana Girls? Think it would get them going?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1713566555274.png

HAPPY 4/20 TO ALL!
:passitleft:

Get your cameras out while you are enjoying the day and be sure to post up a photo for the annual 420 Magazine 4/20 photo contest! Enter before midnight tonight.

OMG, we are partied out today. LOL Didn't want to get moving at all this morning. I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable time yesterday.

So, what has been accomplished since this morning?

Everything. All of the plants in the grow got a complete makeover. They got rotated, defoliated, underbrush removed, more training, a couple of practice super cropping on branches, and they got watered and fed. They look tired, but they will perk back up within an hour or so. I took a LOT of leaves to open those plants up and they still look crowded. LOL
I'll do another major defol during flower.
Banana girls are doing great, and the other three RQS plants are doing a nice catch up. I think I'll be able to flip them all at the same time next Sunday.
I had some breakage issues on one of the RQS/Tyson girls somehow. :scratchinghead: I did some surgery, that will be on their dedicated thread in a while.
First up is one of the super crop attempts. My fingers just don't like to do this, I need calluses. Hoping that one stays down and gets a good knuckle going there.
My previous attempts didn't even last the day and the branches straightened back up. I was a bit too gentle, I think. I'll get the hang of it. Determination!

Bonnie is going to be a monster plant. I can't keep her down.
Meg is just growing slowly. I may need to set her pot a little higher when flipped to keep the canopy even with the rest.
Annie, the youngest of the twins is doing really good. Not as spread out as the others, but she'll be fine.

I thought I would show you my work space in the grow room. I have a small table and a chair in the corner covered with plastic sheeting, and a swing light clipped to it. This is where I mix up my jugs with the nutes, and where I set the plants when I'm doing work on them. It's too hard on my knees and my back to work on them on the floor.
I also have a black cloth on the wall, so I can take photos there of certain things too.

My Nutrients for vegging are on the table, along with the PH meter and everything else I use when mixing them.
I use a really big syringe with a blunt tip needle to inject the nutes into the gallon water jugs. I grew very impatient trying to measure out with a teaspoon. The syringe works perfectly and I have it marked for teaspoons.

You be you, Sista!
I have cleaned up considerably on my language since I retired last year. Probably because I don't have idiots surrounding me all day that piss me off and bring it out anymore. :rofl:
Always babe.

I think it’s our culture. Makes sentences better lol!

I thought I would show you my work space in the grow room. I have a small table and a chair in the corner covered with plastic sheeting, and a swing light clipped to it. This is where I mix up my jugs with the nutes, and where I set the plants when I'm doing work on them. It's too hard on my knees and my back to work on them on the floor.
I also have a black cloth on the wall, so I can take photos there of certain things too.

My Nutrients for vegging are on the table, along with the PH meter and everything else I use when mixing them.
I use a really big syringe with a blunt tip needle to inject the nutes into the gallon water jugs. I grew very impatient trying to measure out with a teaspoon. The syringe works perfectly and I have it marked for teaspoons.

Good morning Gro Sista 👯‍♀️

Omg such neatness and order!

It makes my heart sing.

Love me some behind the scenes pics!
My grow room is a mess right now but, I’m in the middle of some reorganizing.
Swapping the veg and flower tent around. The veg tent is finally empty and the flower tent is right behind it. I’m gonna try to make the starter tent work for drying. I thought drying in a closet in the basement would suffice but the whole upstairs smells like weed and has the ol’ lady bitchin…

OMG, we are partied out today. LOL Didn't want to get moving at all this morning. I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable time yesterday.

So, what has been accomplished since this morning?

Everything. All of the plants in the grow got a complete makeover. They got rotated, defoliated, underbrush removed, more training, a couple of practice super cropping on branches, and they got watered and fed. They look tired, but they will perk back up within an hour or so. I took a LOT of leaves to open those plants up and they still look crowded. LOL
I'll do another major defol during flower.
Banana girls are doing great, and the other three RQS plants are doing a nice catch up. I think I'll be able to flip them all at the same time next Sunday.
I had some breakage issues on one of the RQS/Tyson girls somehow. :scratchinghead: I did some surgery, that will be on their dedicated thread in a while.
First up is one of the super crop attempts. My fingers just don't like to do this, I need calluses. Hoping that one stays down and gets a good knuckle going there.
My previous attempts didn't even last the day and the branches straightened back up. I was a bit too gentle, I think. I'll get the hang of it. Determination!

Bonnie is going to be a monster plant. I can't keep her down.
Meg is just growing slowly. I may need to set her pot a little higher when flipped to keep the canopy even with the rest.
Annie, the youngest of the twins is doing really good. Not as spread out as the others, but she'll be fine.

So happy in there ! :green_heart: :woohoo:

Good Morning Gro Sista 👯‍♀️

Omg! Your videos are so professional! I loved it!
Thank you Gro-Sista Soul-Sista. 💕 They are far from professional, I will never be a videographer. LOL But, I'm glad you appreciated it!
I just wish youtube would stop the nonsense on restricting them, so everyone can view it if they have the link. Seems to me that if we opt it as unlisted to only be seen by someone with the link, then the restriction should be a non-issue for them. Listing them as public, I can see their point in wanting to avoid children viewing them.

Vimeo is limited, they want that money in monthly charges.

Maybe some day we'll be able to upload vids here and not have to fuss with that crapola.

Back
Top Bottom