LadyGreenthum's First Grow - OG Kush - 600W Top Feed

Lady GT was getting kind of sad no one was coming around to visit her journal..

Now she will be extra excited for her update tomorrow! :cheer::cheer::cheer::party:

Her plants are definitely looking very good. One in particular is extra bushy, fatter fan leaves. very indica dominant. the other is rather lanky, stringy, thinner leaves, wants to stretch a lot, even when it was under the T5. Definitely the sativa in the hybrid showing its dominance in this plant.

I get an almost coffee/chocolate/mocha smell when i smell the leaves and the stalks after i inspect the plants and give them a little bending each day :yummy: I'm looking forward to these two plants probably as much as Lady GT is.

But i'll let her tell you all about how they are doing, and what we are doing with them!!

subbed!

Hey everyone following along.

In a turn of events, i will now be taking over the Journalling for Lady GT. She will continue to grow the plants, i will just do the documenting of it.

The OG's are in flower now and really stretching nicely. Not too much which is nice.

In an unfortunate visit to the tent the other night, i found half of one the plants lying on the floor!! The "Y" where it was topped first split in half under the weight of one of the sides. I quickly took some cable ties and zip tied the plant together. before lights out, it didn't look any worse for wear, but tonight when i check will tell me if i saved the one side, or if i have to hack it off cause its dying.

Either way, i have added probably at least 2 weeks onto the flowering time to allow the plant to heal up.

I made a 4'x3' scrog net for the plant that DID NOT break, as it is very uniform in shape and would perform nicely under a scrog for the next 2 weeks of the stretch.

The SCROG will be suspended from the rafters of the tent and lowered onto the plant. This way i still have access to crawl around on the floor to get to other plants without having PVC supports in my way holding up SCROG nets.

In just over a week in the flower tent, there's a massive amount of roots of the plant that broke in half growing through the bottom of the airpots into the reservoir. So now its a top feed/DWC hybrid. The other plant has a couple feeder roots hanging in the water, but will soon have a massive root mass hanging in the reservoir.

I wanted to get away from having roots submerged in water, but it seems that with 6x daily irrigation via the top feed drip ring, the roots grow so fast you can almost seem them growing!

Lady GT and myself will be expecting a nice harvest from these two plants around mid-late January. Hoping to pull 8 zips from each plant. More realistically, 8-10 zips from the plant in the scrog and probably 4-6 zips from the plant that snapped in half.

Thank you everyone for your patience. I myself have been slacking on my own updates, and i hope to change all that with the trimming of my plants mostly done now!

Lady GreenThum apologizes for not staying to Journal herself, but she just doesn't have the interest in the typing out long updates anymore!

Stay tuned everyone, i will be back later this evening with a picture update of the OG's!!

-GreenThumb J

very nice - looking good - Glad to see updates coming :)

Good job greenthumb :)

Okay everyone, Greenthumb is back with a picture update!

The OG's are about 4 weeks or so into flower, about 3 weeks of actual flowering.

Within the first week i already experienced a problem with one of the plants. It snapped in half! It has healed itself up and i did not have to amputate one whole side of the plant. That plant has colas on it the size of my arm, and the damage doesn't seem to have affected the plant at all.

One plant is free standing, one plant is under a Scrog that is suspended from the rafters of the tent.

Here is the Scrog that i built:

GEDC07124.JPG

Scrog in place, suspended from rafters. Its weighted down by some pieces of 2x4 currently:

GEDC07781.JPG
GEDC07502.JPG

Heres the rest of the pictures of this particular plant:

GEDC07511.JPG
GEDC07791.JPG
GEDC07801.JPG
GEDC07811.JPG
GEDC07821.JPG

And this is the "free-standing" plant. The one with the huge colas!

GEDC07831.JPG
GEDC07842.JPG
GEDC07852.JPG
GEDC07872.JPG
GEDC07891.JPG
GEDC07901.JPG
GEDC07882.JPG

This Cola is only about 10" long, but when its all said and done, this will probably be closer to 15" in length!
GEDC07861.JPG

Thats where we are right now. About 5 more weeks of flower, and then we can have a taste, it smells amazing!

Hi everyone!

I apologoze for not keeping up on this journal, but i have kind of mashed it together with my perpetual journal as Lady GT, no longer wants to journal. She's now my awesome trimming partner as she no longer has any time to help grow in the garden. She loves Netflix, so i set her up with a pile of branches, a tray, some scissors and my gaming headphones to watch the TV with, while i listen to music on the stereo and trim. Its pretty efficient.

Anyway, i will update on the OG's.

There were two distinct phenotypes that i got from the 2 seeds Lady GT germinated. One grew shorter and more compact in structure and the other grew a bit more like a sativa. It had longer fan leaves, slightly thinner in shape and the node spacing was quite dar apart.

At the beginning of flower, the plants appeared very similar in bud structure, with the only difference i could see in the first few weeks was the node spacing between the developing buds on the plant that i did not put a SCROG over top of.

The plant that i didnt scrog, was clearly going to be the bigger plant. However, due to the plant having no support because of not being under a scrog, it broke. Twice.
The first break was fixable with cable ties to mend the break, and string to hold the one side of the plant up. When the other side broke, it broke completely off, as there was already a half a plant broken off and barely being held on.

These plants were in veg for about 2 months.. planted at the beginning of september, and put into flower at the end of october. Had the non-scrog plant not broken in half twice, i'm sure i would have easily hit 16 zips with the one plant, as i was left with about 1/4 of the plant remaining after it healed and continued to grow. I'm justing waiting for the rest of it to finish drying before i can get final weight for the broken plant, but my estm

The plant that was free standing turned a lovely purple colour as the flushing process started as each day i poured 4gal of 8degreeC temperature water over the rockwool and let it circulate through the growing medium and reservoir for about 4 hours at a time, along with the regular 15min 2x a day irrigation.

Unfortunately, i did not keep the one clone i had of the broken, purple plant, but i should have known better as the clone itself was literally just all purple stalks and branches and beautiful green leaves. It was gorgeous. I kept the 2 clones of the other OG, as i thought i was going to be the bigger yielding plant. Turns out, if i had remembered how big this plant actually was when it broke, then i would know that the purple pheno was most likely also the bigger yielding pheno.

You live and you learn right?

I've smoked some of the OG that broke in half as i harvested it about a week ago. I can say that even without a proper cure, and not letting ripen fully, it is some of the best smoke i've had, ever. It gets me and Lady GT so incredibly stoned, that we're contemplating keeping it for ourselves and giving patients something else!! Oh yea, its that good lol.

Anyways.. there wont be much left to this Journal, as i kind of mashed it into my perpetual journal, But anyone who is following along here and hasn't made their way over to my journals yet, please feel free to stop by and say hello and see whats going on. I'm just harvesting a large Girl Scout Cookie plant this evening actually!

Hope everyone had a good new year and happy growing!

GreenThumb J

Okay, as requested, here is some of the buds that have dried and have been cured for a week now.

The smoke is phenomenal! I highly suggest Dinafem OG kush to anyone who wants a very sedative smoke. Very good for pain relief, appetite stumulation and insomnia in my opinion, although it doesn't put me to sleep, because i have so much to do at night haha.. but Lady GT is always knocked out when we smoke it.

heres some photos! Apologies for the terrible quality, its time for a camera upgrade!! I have pictures with and without flash and on two different colour surfaces to help give an idea of the colour and quality. Unfortunately, this camera blows!!

GEDC1122.JPG
GEDC1123.JPG
GEDC1124.JPG
GEDC11261.JPG
GEDC1127.JPG
GEDC11282.JPG
GEDC11292.JPG
GEDC1130.JPG
GEDC1131.JPG
GEDC1132.JPG
GEDC1133.JPG
GEDC11341.JPG

Thanks everyone for following along.. I actually think this is the last post on this Journal. I have the last OG plant to harvest, which i am documenting on my Perpetual journal, which i invite everyone to come check out!!

I will have total weights in the other journal for each plant, once they have finished the drying process!

Thanks everyone!

Stay medicated and happy growing!

GreenThumb J

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom