4000 Watt Top-Feed Rec Grow Cubes Cap'n Style OG Kush

Sup Sling.

Sorry for a random question. I'll prolly ask this in the Capn's Q:A Also... But figured you might be around. :)

How long after taking a clipping for a clone off a mature plant do I have to wait before switching to 12/12?

OR

I've heard mixed reviews on taking a few clones off a plant early in flower. What's your opinion on this?

Thanks so much! Looking forward to seeing your watering rings. Going to be re-doing mine shortly.

Sup Sling.

Sorry for a random question. I'll prolly ask this in the Capn's Q:A Also... But figured you might be around. :)

How long after taking a clipping for a clone off a mature plant do I have to wait before switching to 12/12?

OR

I've heard mixed reviews on taking a few clones off a plant early in flower. What's your opinion on this?

Thanks so much! Looking forward to seeing your watering rings. Going to be re-doing mine shortly.

Hey Shank, I see you asked this in the blog, I'll hit you up there. Sling can chime in too.

TYVM Cap. I enjoy the opinions and advice a huge amount!

It's hard being patient for a first timer.

I totally understand. But that's what makes this hobby so fun. It doesn't matter how much equipment you throw at it, you still have to wait, wait, wait. Good things come to those who wait. The most frequent mistake I made starting out, is I kept messing with stuff. I would read some stoner BS on a forum and then change everything. Then I would read some other stoner BS and change it all again!

I just started a couple "Purple dream" seeds I got last year. I look at these babies and know it will be 5 MONTHS (end of September) before I harvest. arg. And many times when you start a new strain, it's NOT worth the wait!

Sup Sling.

OR

Shank, it really depends on how big you want the plant to be when it finishes. It usually takes me 12-14 days from the time I take a cutting till I take it out (fully rooted with lots of roots) and transplant it into a #1 nursery pot. I will then veg 18/6 for at least 30 days and then I will flip aka transitioning the photoperiod to a 12/12 regimen. YOu could flip them the day you transplant but you wouldn't yield much, in fact the cap'n has data with pics of how just another ten days gives you tremendously more than if you flipped it ten days sooner.
Look around his blogs and threads for the cook off we did last year (2013) and you can get an idea for how much more you get waiting till the plants HUGE. we have verged for 3 months and gotten indoor trees.
Great question and thanks for asking here shanker,
keep coming back my new friend

you know now that I re-read the question are you asking like how long I wait to flip the plant after I take cuttings of of it?
If so I don't, I either take cuts before I flip it into the bloom room or within a few days no longer than a week Ill take cuts off of the reload (the plant that just filled an empty spot) because the way I grow in a screen (SCROG) I "lollypop" the plant and toss it into the compost bin so I learned that for ME its easier to do that than keep a dedicated "Mother Plant"
Hope one of those replies hit the nail, if not ask again and or shoot me a PM

"Stupid is as stupid does"

well I have decided that until some things change around here that #1 no more local hydro store shopping
#2 if I can have 60 plants Ill keep it under 40
That and no more stock piling, if Im over "hello broker"
Im uploading a video right now and will link it in approx 20 mins

So I figure if the man is going to hide and fish plate numbers Ill let the brown truck do my deliveries :icon_cool

Be safe my friend! :Namaste:

I'm loving that shack. You got me thinking about those things. They are kinda modular too, ie you can add more rooms as needed. I have a 1/2 acre lot here. hmmm.... :rofl:

Is MCAT a Sheriff thing? Scarey!

I used to be nervous about the UPS and FedEx guy knowing what I do, but I know I'm within my state's legal guidelines. However, I'll never feel safe until fed law starts being in the best interest of the citizens, rather than corporate interests.

I totally understand. But that's what makes this hobby so fun. It doesn't matter how much equipment you throw at it, you still have to wait, wait, wait. Good things come to those who wait. The most frequent mistake I made starting out, is I kept messing with stuff. I would read some stoner BS on a forum and then change everything. Then I would read some other stoner BS and change it all again!

I just started a couple "Purple dream" seeds I got last year. I look at these babies and know it will be 5 MONTHS (end of September) before I harvest. arg. And many times when you start a new strain, it's NOT worth the wait!

I know many impatient people. I'm married to one. She often remarks at how patient I am. I tell her I learned it from growing. I don't consider myself very patient, but when I compare myself to others (something one should avoid doing at all costs) in this regard, I am pretty patient. Like you said, we pop seeds knowing it will take 5 months of care to find out if it was worth it. It takes a special kind of person to be a grower. :Namaste:

Okay, I'm finally underway w/this style trying to follow in your & the Capn's footsteps. I've got the tap root showing under the 2"x2" starter cube and figure its time to bury them in there first small pots and was wondering: do you bury part of the stem also like I would normally do in soil? Here's a pic of one seedling and thanks for helping as this is totally new to me.
Carmel_Ice_2_.JPG

Definitely in for this one. Awesome to see the one plant per 1000w scrog. And nice to see another grow similar in size to mine. Awesome.
Set up for this one! Too bad I made it so late

high farnorth, nice to meet ya
need to late to see what I'm up to :)

Be safe my friend! :Namaste:

I'm loving that shack. You got me thinking about those things. They are kinda modular too, ie you can add more rooms as needed. I have a 1/2 acre lot here. hmmm.... :rofl:

Is MCAT a Sheriff thing? Scarey!

I used to be nervous about the UPS and FedEx guy knowing what I do, but I know I'm within my state's legal guidelines. However, I'll never feel safe until fed law starts being in the best interest of the citizens, rather than corporate interests.

I know many impatient people. I'm married to one. She often remarks at how patient I am. I tell her I learned it from growing. I don't consider myself very patient, but when I compare myself to others (something one should avoid doing at all costs) in this regard, I am pretty patient. Like you said, we pop seeds knowing it will take 5 months of care to find out if it was worth it. It takes a special kind of person to be a grower. :Namaste:
Major Crime Apprehension Team MCAT, I got nothing to worry about I aint into no crime :) tiny or major lol
Okay, I'm finally underway w/this style trying to follow in your & the Capn's footsteps. I've got the tap root showing under the 2"x2" starter cube and figure its time to bury them in there first small pots and was wondering: do you bury part of the stem also like I would normally do in soil? Here's a pic of one seedling and thanks for helping as this is totally new to me.
Carmel_Ice_2_.JPG
Hey Jam,
I'd do like you mentioned and transplant it deep but not so deep it will hit the bottom of the container tomorrow ya know?
Don't worry too much about that lil stretch it'll need a good thick stalk to hold all those elbows

Thanks for answering so quick as I'm planting them today; feel free to stop by my thread & drop any tidbits of wisdom/advice whenever you like.

Your so very welcome Jam
So I got the t5s today and let me tell you something about making purchases: READ, READ and READ some more
The reason I say this is for a lot of reasons but the thing that I slipped up on was the lamps are 8 bulbs via 6500 kelvin bulbs (all good) but there only 2 footers! So the a$$uming cost me half of each lamp but the deal was still good and once I bring home my BIGGER t5s up at the ranch I can use these smaller ones for side lighting.
The side lighting issue is one reason I kept them instead of canceling my purchase the other reason was the deal was great.
2 HydroFarm HO T5 lamps for $314.55 to my door over 500 retail
image9809.jpg

the five year Ballast warranty aint bad neither :)
I sure feel like a kid at Christmas lately, its been decades of hard work and sacrifice to get to this point.

Word for the day is WITTBAG
What It Takes To Be A Grower

I think all growers should go to youtube and watch and listen to all of Sub_LBC's WITTBAG episodes, I don't agree with all of it but I sure do with a lot of it, the dude is LEGIT

Sup Sling.

OR

Hey Shanker, are your plants still in veg? Just wondering how there doing?
Do you have a journal up yet?
Have a good one

Just doing a drive by s1ingblade, in the past 4 or 5 months of reading you and the Capn's journals I've change my up and coming grow several times. I know you veg under Fluorescents I'm going to go with MH 600w so I can dial down to 400w if I need. I see Jamthe3 is going "Capn style/s1ingblade's way" and if I know you, you are going to be there to help so I'm going to follow Jamthe3 and learn without bugging you to much. Thanks for all the help you give anybody that asks. REPS TO YOU s1ingblade.

Carmel_Ice_2_.JPG

It looks to me like you could use more light when sprouting seeds. Those are stretching bad.

It looks to me like you could use more light when sprouting seeds. Those are stretching bad.

its 2" after a week and hasn't changed for a few days, the pic just makes it look longer, feel free to stop by my thread...I'll take any and all help I can get; but, this one's someone elses.

Just doing a drive by s1ingblade, in the past 4 or 5 months of reading you and the Capn's journals I've change my up and coming grow several times. I know you veg under Fluorescents I'm going to go with MH 600w so I can dial down to 400w if I need. I see Jamthe3 is going "Capn style/s1ingblade's way" and if I know you, you are going to be there to help so I'm going to follow Jamthe3 and learn without bugging you to much. Thanks for all the help you give anybody that asks. REPS TO YOU s1ingblade.
thanks for the reps but don't worry about swinging by and asking as much as you want, thats what its all about my friend, "Paying it fwd."
bfam! the cool thing about t5's is the output the same lumen power no matter how long the tubes are just less coverage, those 2footer will be great side lighting too, that wittbag stuff is interesting like you i agree to a point, but i know some millennial's that have great ethics, as good as ours they are just not as numerous, but a good watch just the same:rocker:
thanks for the info re: the lumens
As for the millenials I'm sure theres a couple out there somewhere but I've still yet to meet any youngsters that have half of the work ethic as I did at 12. too much video games and too many dreams of rich uncles kicking the bucket. oh yeah did I tell you the cuts finally got some legs? The Mexican border rescue was a success
its 2" after a week and hasn't changed for a few days, the pic just makes it look longer, feel free to stop by my thread...I'll take any and all help I can get; but, this one's someone elses.
i've got to swing by and see whats up

here is some trimmin pics from the famous bubba og shottafire cut, thanks shotta
DSCN9324.JPG
DSCN93211.JPG
DSCN9322.JPG
DSCN93211.JPG
DSCN93201.JPG

heres a pic of whats drying to blast into shatter
DSCN9323.JPG

Hermina Munster a.k.a. "Tiny Crusher" didn't crush her but came close
26.75 ounces from one 1000 watt HPS (used hortilux super hps)
heres her R.I.P. pic
DSCN93271.JPG

here is a pic of the youngsters veg'n away for the outdoor project
DSCN93251.JPG

a pic of the indoor plants veg'n away
DSCN93261.JPG

and a pic of my rig pad for my upcoming glass rig my buddy's buddy is creating for me, kinda like a thick oversized mouse pad but to keep my glass rig safe and sound
DSCN93281.JPG

Back
Top Bottom