LadyGreenthum's First Grow - OG Kush - 600W Top Feed

Beautiful set up Lady GT! I cant wait to see those ladies get huge!

Thanks! Can't wait to get them transplanted into bigger pots and get some real leafs going on them! :yummy:

Subbed...and looking good ladygreenthum! Thanks for stopping my journal as well!

-JBooze

You are very welcome! :goodjob: Thanks for signing up to mine!

I love the soup poop pictures. OG Kush will be one of my first plants I grow (capn style). S.O.A. is one of my favorite shows along with "falling sky's. Looking great Lady GT.

Hello there other farmers!

Hope your day is as sunny and clear as mine is today... Skipping a work "team building" exercise today.. Since it was just going to be a picnic... LAME :laughtwo:.. Last year was kayaking and that was worth it. I can have a picnic at home, stoned and doing better things!

So ready for an update?

The little ladies loved their poop soup! They were thirsty! So they had a nutrient mix made up to hydrate them last night (any Dr.Who fans?.. Cassandra - "moisturize me" hahaha that's what I always think about when watering them :tokin::laughtwo::rofl:)

The nutrient mix was a combo of GH grow, GH micro, GH bloom, florablend, cal/mag, armourSi and aquashield. The ph was 5.9 and ppm was 450.. They each got about one and a half cups. :morenutes::morenutes:

They are putting on height like crazy!

GEDC01841.JPG

Close ups! As always my girls are smiling beautifully and loving the attention! :circle-of-love:

GEDC01852.JPG
GEDC01862.JPG

And now our lame photos of the nutrient mix being poured
Like a first time parent I want to document it all! :circle-of-love:

GEDC01871.JPG
GEDC01891.JPG
GEDC01881.JPG

Allright folks thats my update for today! Besides feedings and growth not a whole lot happening! I do see just the tip of one root at the bottom of the pot on each plant.. so maybe a pot upgrade in a week or so.. :bravo:

Keep flying high and stay shiny! :slide:

Lady Greenthum :thanks::Namaste:

I love the soup poop pictures. OG Kush will be one of my first plants I grow (capn style). S.O.A. is one of my favorite shows along with "falling sky's. Looking great Lady GT.

You are going to have so much fun growing the OG Kush.. she is a pretty little lady!

Falling sky's... never heard of it but will have to check it out!

You are going to have so much fun growing the OG Kush.. she is a pretty little lady!

Falling sky's... never heard of it but will have to check it out!

Falling Sky' s on Syfi channel, start from season 1 and watch it like a 50 hour movie. Comcast? Your babies are looking great, good job.

Hello my beautiful growers!

My girls got some more feeding last night by Greenthumb J because I was too sleepy to stay up until he brewed the nutrient mix. They got two cups of mix. Here is the recipe:

Base:

4ml/gal Botanicare Cal/Mag +
10ml/gal Botanicare Aquashield
1ml/gal GH ArmorSi

** Add ArmorSi FIRST to fresh water and mix well **
** Add FloraBlend AFTER all nutrients and mix well ** (see recipe below for amount of FloraBlend)

I will be using abbreviations for each ingredient in the recipe.
G = FloraGrow
M = FloraMicro
B = FloraBloom
RS = Rapid Start
FL+ = Floralicious Plus
FLB = FloraBlend ** Remember, this is added VERY LAST **

** All the following measurements are PER GALLON. **
** Always add FloraMicro before FloraGrow or FloraBloom and mix well **

Early Veg:

G ---- 4ml
M ---- 3ml
B ---- 1ml
RS ---- 2.5ml
FL+ ---- 1ml
FLB ---- 5ml

After mixing PPM should be approximately 400-450 depending on PPM of your water (my tap water is below 15ppm). My PPM was 430 after mixing this.
** Dilute to 200ppm for young seedlings and freshly rooted clones. Keep at normal PPm for fully rooted clones **

Taken from Greenthumb J's journal.... Thanks for feeding my plants baby! :circle-of-love::bravo::thanks:

Alright here are some photos... They are pretty string beany and stretching lots.. I think the light may be too high and causing them to stretch to much.. What do you guys think?:helpsmilie:

Alright the photos... here we go! Girls showing how tall they are getting

091714_4_.JPG
091714_3_.JPG

091714.JPG

There are even some roots showing from the bottom... Take a look!

091714_5_.JPG
091714_6_.JPG

Hopefully moving into bigger pots soon but can't be too impatient!

So that is my update for tonight...

Hope you are all well! Whats new with you guys? :cheer:

Nerdy update... Somehow I never got into Archer.. Just started the first season and its pretty good!! I'm enjoying it.. :popcorn::popcorn:

Take care everyone!

Lady Greenthum :thanks::Namaste::peace:

Hey Ladygreenthum,

Lookin' good! My guess with the stretching would be the light as well. I kept a 105watt CFL about 6" from the top of the plant. Could probably get even a little closer than that, but I liked to keep it at 6" to account for any growth during the day while I was at work. Try putting you hand right over top of plant (back of hand facing up since most sensitive), and moving down the light until your hand feels about as warm as the sun on a summer day (make sure to turn any fans off while doing this to get an accurate feel).

As for the roots, have you tried taking a peak by flipping the plant over and lifting the pot off? Tap the sides before you do this to loosen the grow cubes from the pot, position your hand so stem is between your middle finger and ring finger, flip over, and very carefully slide off the pot. Note: You will most likely have a few grow cubes fall out off the top (since most roots are lower down). But if it seems like a lot of cubes are starting to fall out, don't remove the pot any further. Give it another few days and try again.

At Day 20 in a 4" pot, mine looked like this:

20140906_141939.jpg

I waited another 3-4 days after that picture before transplanting into my current 6" pot.

Overall, she looks nice and healthy! Keep up the good work!
-JBooze

Hey Ladygreenthum,

Lookin' good! My guess with the stretching would be the light as well. I kept a 105watt CFL about 6" from the top of the plant. Could probably get even a little closer than that, but I liked to keep it at 6" to account for any growth during the day while I was at work. Try putting you hand right over top of plant (back of hand facing up since most sensitive), and moving down the light until your hand feels about as warm as the sun on a summer day (make sure to turn any fans off while doing this to get an accurate feel).

As for the roots, have you tried taking a peak by flipping the plant over and lifting the pot off? Tap the sides before you do this to loosen the grow cubes from the pot, position your hand so stem is between your middle finger and ring finger, flip over, and very carefully slide off the pot. Note: You will most likely have a few grow cubes fall out off the top (since most roots are lower down). But if it seems like a lot of cubes are starting to fall out, don't remove the pot any further. Give it another few days and try again.

At Day 20 in a 4" pot, mine looked like this:

20140906_141939.jpg

I waited another 3-4 days after that picture before transplanting into my current 6" pot.

Overall, she looks nice and healthy! Keep up the good work!
-JBooze

Awesome advice! Thank you so much! I will try that tonight and if I can I will take some photos and update. :thanks:

looking sweet to the beat :high-five:

Thanks buddy! I'm pretty proud at how they are growing! :high-five::peace:

Lady Greenthum

Hello Everyone!! Happy Monday to you all!! Hope it is a medicated Monday for you all! :circle-of-love:

It is Greenthumb J's birthday today so he rolled up a GIANT birthday joint so the day has been spent on the couch with snacks and laughs.:party::partyboy::happy-birthday:

Above aforementioned joint! :rollit::smokin::tokin:
GEDC02552.JPG
GEDC02563.JPG

So update on the girls. They are still bit stringbeany so I tipped them today to help them bush out. Also when I transplant them into bigger pots I'm going to put the rock wool higher up so roots can start growing out from the stem to make a monster root mass. :thumb:

Okay here are some new height photos so you can see the progress!
GEDC02574.JPG

Before topping!
GEDC02634.JPG
GEDC02652.JPG

After topping!
GEDC02646.JPG
GEDC02664.JPG

Okay so the little leaves at the bottom there are where I'm going to put the rock wool up to when I transplant in a week or two.
GEDC02682.JPG
GEDC02674.JPG

Some root photos of the girls! :cheer:
GEDC02604.JPG
GEDC02625.JPG

That is it for tonight! Now off to a yummy birthday dinner with Greenthumb J

Here is something fun for you guys! As some of know but for those who don't another member (Greenthumb J) and I are dating/live together and are growing together. :circle-of-love: Check out his journals if you aren't following them already! Very good information! Anyways.. He did a video of our growing space! Click below to check it out! Thought I would share since my girls will be in those different places once they come out of our bathroom veg area.

Lady Greenthum and Greenthumb's J Grow space video

Anyways as per his post of he video here is some information for you about it!

"Please excuse the constant teeth sucking as i was eating a candy at the time and subconsciously did not realize it was doing it and how loud it is!!!

But its just a stoned guy showing you around his apartment talking about random things!

Hope you all enjoy! Sorry for the crappy ending, as someone called me as i was recording the video and the phone stopped filming!!"

As for my notes... If I had known he was making a video I would have picked our clothes/towels off the floor hahaha!

Stay medicated my friends!

Lady Greenthum :Namaste::peace:

Beautiful! From what I've learned, a strong and healthy root ball translates to a strong and healthy top. Very happy to see her grow and love the pics! Once your two new tops grow a bit, top each new sprout again.

Keep up the good work!
-JBooze

Big roots... big fruits!!!

Looking great LadyGreenthum, it looks like the phrase tipping is catching on. Did you get this from The capn's & s1ingblades journal or is this something you came up with?

Looking great LadyGreenthum, it looks like the phrase tipping is catching on. Did you get this from The capn's & s1ingblades journal or is this something you came up with?

Well I got the term from Greenthumb J but I know he follows the Capn's journal (pretty sure religiously :laughtwo:) and since I just asked him yes he also follows s1ingblades journal. So originally yes that is where I got the term from.

Hopefully it works!

Back
Top Bottom