4000 Watt Top-Feed Rec Grow Cubes Cap'n Style OG Kush

"Stupid is as stupid does"

well I have decided that until some things change around here that #1 no more local hydro store shopping
#2 if I can have 60 plants Ill keep it under 40
That and no more stock piling, if Im over "hello broker"
Im uploading a video right now and will link it in approx 20 mins

So I figure if the man is going to hide and fish plate numbers Ill let the brown truck do my deliveries :icon_cool

Hey s1ingblade, that video looks a lot like my future rooms you are a true "Master Gardener". Now instead of trying to see my room on paper I can look at your set up, very nice my man. I've had the same thoughts in my mind If I can have 30 plants I'll just grow 16 keeping it save and legal. Reps my friend.

I don't know about master anything ok well one haha
Thanks for the compliments and well wishes
Got the cuts of cannatonic and gorilla glue #4 taken a few days ago and yesterday they looked sweet.
Ought to have rooted cuts by this time next week if not sooner.
Got the third tray setup irrigation wise and will make a screen for them in a few days.
Hope all ya'll are getting ready to have a nice Easter/420
Kids get eggs we get flowers :)

I'm in various stages on various things, lol. I think I'm going to partion off a 32"x60" section of a room and make a temp little closet and then try a 2 pot set up in there w/a couple individual pumps from Harbor Freight under 30x60 Screen & 600w light, then go from there if the method seems to fit me. I'm gonna keep it as simple as possible as it already bugs me to have to prob throw away the Rockwool, lol...speaking of which, how many 5 gallon pots will a bag of 'em mini-cubes fill do ya figure? Hey, thanks so much for responding and even more so in the patient way you respond.

Been delayed slightly over a month because my March order of seeds never showed and I had to wait on the re-ship which finally hit the 17th. Okay got a 158 gph pump (they didn't have the 200 gph in stock, so I only got one for now to play with and see how it works) and a timer today; yesterday bought a large (2 cubic meters) bag of Grodan grow chunks and a 50 pack of their 2" starter cubes. Also started soaking 2 reg Sensi Seeds Jack Herer, 1 fem TH Seeds Critical HOG & 1 fem Positronics Seeds Caramel Ice yesterday and put them in paper towels about 24 hours later today. Plan on celebrating Easter at Home Depot to pick up some tubing so I can play around with the pump.

I think I'm gonna use 24 oz Cottage Cheese/Sour Cream containers to plant the starter plugs in; then go to 1 gal Ice Cream tubs followed by either the 3 gal or 5 gal (which neither really is, lol) nursery pots, or possibly both.

Which brings me to my long winded, long awaited question/request for knowledge: I would like some help/advice on how to make the drip ring, out of preferably tubing although the PVC one would be fine if nothing else. Like, what size holes, how many, etc. to puncture it with. I don't recall seeing anywhere here or on the Capn's threads/articles how the DIY PVC one was made.

Thx and sorry to burden your time even more than it must already be. Hope you have a nice Easter and enjoy the kiddies on an egg hunt...vape pen in hand.

Happy 420 to s1ingblade and all subbed to this great journal. @jamthe3, I've found in my last grow that making a hoop out of that soft 1/2" poly tubing and poking holes on the underside, then inserting micro sprayers into each hole worked fantastically for me. As far as I know, the halos drip/squirt straight down, but each of the micro sprayers (red & blue) squirt 4 thin streams N, S, E & W which lends towards more coverage and better drenching for the time the pump is activated.

DSCF17865.JPG

Been delayed slightly over a month because my March order of seeds never showed and I had to wait on the re-ship which finally hit the 17th. Okay got a 158 gph pump (they didn't have the 200 gph in stock, so I only got one for now to play with and see how it works) and a timer today; yesterday bought a large (2 cubic meters) bag of Grodan grow chunks and a 50 pack of their 2" starter cubes. Also started soaking 2 reg Sensi Seeds Jack Herer, 1 fem TH Seeds Critical HOG & 1 fem Positronics Seeds Caramel Ice yesterday and put them in paper towels about 24 hours later today. Plan on celebrating Easter at Home Depot to pick up some tubing so I can play around with the pump.

I think I'm gonna use 24 oz Cottage Cheese/Sour Cream containers to plant the starter plugs in; then go to 1 gal Ice Cream tubs followed by either the 3 gal or 5 gal (which neither really is, lol) nursery pots, or possibly both.

Which brings me to my long winded, long awaited question/request for knowledge: I would like some help/advice on how to make the drip ring, out of preferably tubing although the PVC one would be fine if nothing else. Like, what size holes, how many, etc. to puncture it with. I don't recall seeing anywhere here or on the Capn's threads/articles how the DIY PVC one was made.

Thx and sorry to burden your time even more than it must already be. Hope you have a nice Easter and enjoy the kiddies on an egg hunt...vape pen in hand.

Happy Easter/4-20 to all ya'll
I took five 1/4' poly tee's and some pieces of 1/4 poly and made a ring that waters out of four holes, which in my honest is enough but what do I know lol. I've been flowering out two trays (4 plants each) and have a hard time seeing much difference between the plants with a solo dripper or the ones that got two right out of the gate.
I do know the cap'n likes much more flow and I'm testing to see if my plants do also :)
Keep that tape pen handy today, if your little ones are anything like mine you'll need it haha
Ill post a pic tonight

Happy 420 sling brother looking awesome as always over hear. :)

wanted to invite you and everyone to check out my new journal Lush led vs Advanced led, link is in my signature.

keep up the great work brother :bravo:

Happy 420/Easter s1ingblade.

My 20 year old Son and I spent all morning (after the egg hunt of course) building the other light proof door and after about ten times of taking it apart, making another cut and putting it back together it was finally done. My Son was like "let me guess, one more time?"
I said, "Nope!" "We got it!"
So now I can focus on clearing out the tools, cleaning up and bringing plants home and popping beans.
Super excited and relieved at the same time that I am almost done constructing "s1ing's shack"

Back
Top Bottom