LKABudMan Grows A Green Crack Auto In The VIVOSUN Smart Grow System - Sponsored by VIVOSUN

I'm sure it's genetics, LKA. Your grow environment is spot on.

Thanks SO. Tomorrow will be day# 1 of her drought.
Bring on the dry BMan! This cross I'm growing for the first time is ripening up so fast I don't think I'm going to fit it in! I'll see though, it's my not so secret weapon of choice as often as possible!
Oh man nanners! That's ok for this time of grow as long as she's away from other mature ladies. Cut her in the next couple of weeks for a lesser seeded experience.
I just finished a nanner check on my cherries dubeLee today. So far so good.

I'm sure it's genetics, LKA. Your grow environment is spot on.
Thanks HG. I'm ready for a few grows without herms, though.

Bring on the dry BMan! This cross I'm growing for the first time is ripening up so fast I don't think I'm going to fit it in! I'll see though, it's my not so secret weapon of choice as often as possible!
I love the drought. Even if it didn't make for extra special bud (which it does), it does a great job of pruning most of those pesky fan leaves ;)
Oh man nanners! That's ok for this time of grow as long as she's away from other mature ladies. Cut her in the next couple of weeks for a lesser seeded experience.
I'm planning on chopping after the drought. Hopefully she ripens up quickly.
I just finished a nanner check on my cherries dubeLee today. So far so good.
They are looking spectactular, so hopefully they stay peen-free!

Thanks HG. I'm ready for a few grows without herms, though.

Do your photos herm, too or just the autos? Do you buy all the seeds that hermied from the same place?

Do your photos herm, too or just the autos? Do you buy all the seeds that hermied from the same place?
This is only my second auto, my first was great. My last photo grow (skunks) I ended up with nanners on two of them and seeds on all of them. Skunks were from Herbies, these were from FastBuds via NASC.

I doubt the herms are from your environment, you seem to have that dialed in. The nutrients you keep on a tight leash as well. I'd suspect it may be the high stress from training that causes them to try and propagate.

I doubt the herms are from your environment, you seem to have that dialed in. The nutrients you keep on a tight leash as well. I'd suspect it may be the high stress from training that causes them to try and propagate.
It could be. I haven't done anything to the LST in over 4 weeks, though, and most of the tie-downs are falling off they're so loose. And the Skunks had little to no training after flower, I just let them go up.

Whatever it is, it seems like if I pull out one nanner two grow back! I'm plucking a handful every day now and they're starting to grow in bunches. I'll be glad to get this guy out of the tent.
20230322_103320.jpg

I've had some of them (4 out of 12) pop out a few nanners when they're getting close to being done..
I think they do that because they're tired of waiting for a male, so they "do it themselves" to keep the species going..
And, I may be wrong about that- it's just what I've always thought. 🤔
You don't have to worry too much about them this late in the game, although keeping any other females away from them is a good idea...

With the fans on high you might try a daily mist of water on the flowers to neutralize any new pollen.
Good tip to know She’d, thanks. CL🍀
That's a great tip, Shed. Right now I have the humidity in the tent at 60RH because I have another plant in there. If I had it at 50RH, where I normally would, I'd feel more comfortable spraying them. As it is, I'd worry about the downsides of spraying the flowers (mold, PM, etc). I do have the Vivosun sprayer, so maybe a quick fine mist would be perfect.
I've had some of them (4 out of 12) pop out a few nanners when they're getting close to being done..
I think they do that because they're tired of waiting for a male, so they "do it themselves" to keep the species going..
And, I may be wrong about that- it's just what I've always thought. 🤔
That sounds right to me too. I do wonder if pushing too much through the finish (nutes/light) contributes as well. Are big buds more prone to nanners? Should I be ramping down nutes and light more in the final few weeks?
You don't have to worry too much about them this late in the game, although keeping any other females away from them is a good idea...
Right now I only have one other plant, a Gelato Auto on day# 29. She's a bit stunted and not doing great. At this point I'd love to see her pollinated from another auto ;)
As long as its in the grow tent and not a pool party I think its likely to be low trauma.

It is strange though, some of these girls get stressed and nothing....

Live a charmed life....and get peen freaky
She's been a strange looking plant for a while now, all 3-fingered leaves and foxtails. I've almost been expecting this. The good news is that she's finishing up quickly in her drought and will be clipped to coat hangers soon ;)
Dang nanners! I'm on close watch in my tent! None yet but she's so indica ready it could happen any minute!
I know, I've always hated seeing it other grows because then I start getting paranoid. Then again, Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you!

That's a great tip, Shed. Right now I have the humidity in the tent at 60RH because I have another plant in there. If I had it at 50RH, where I normally would, I'd feel more comfortable spraying them. As it is, I'd worry about the downsides of spraying the flowers (mold, PM, etc). I do have the Vivosun sprayer, so maybe a quick fine mist would be perfect.

That sounds right to me too. I do wonder if pushing too much through the finish (nutes/light) contributes as well. Are big buds more prone to nanners? Should I be ramping down nutes and light more in the final few weeks?

Right now I only have one other plant, a Gelato Auto on day# 29. She's a bit stunted and not doing great. At this point I'd love to see her pollinated from another auto ;)

She's been a strange looking plant for a while now, all 3-fingered leaves and foxtails. I've almost been expecting this. The good news is that she's finishing up quickly in her drought and will be clipped to coat hangers soon ;)

I know, I've always hated seeing it other grows because then I start getting paranoid. Then again, Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you!
Yes it does. But don’t tell anyone that I told you. Lmao 😜 CL🍀

Hey LK.. I was looking over your setup and notice your fan seems to be blowing directly on to your plants. Conventional wisdom as I’ve read it holds that fans shouldn’t be directly on the plants.

However, recently I’ve begun to question this logic, especially deep into flower where there are lots of buds and strong stems. Currently I run 3 fans, covering below, and above the plants. I’m not satisfied with the amount of air flowing through my plants and their buds though and feel like even just a 6 inch clip on fan blowing through the plants would be better than nothing.

What is your and anyone else’s opinion on this?

Hi Keffka. On my first grow, I did some experimentation with Govee RH sensors around the plants. I saw that without good airflow on the plants themselves, the plants create their own little microclimates and can be 10-15% higher in RH than the tent. Since then I've always had fans blowing directly on my plants. I also noticed that the bottom and top of the tent could be 5-10f different. Unfortunately, in the RDWC tent the only way to fix that is to blow THROUGH the plants.

I usually have a couple of canopy fans blowing on the tops, along with a floor fan or two blowing up diagonally through the canopy. The floor fan always left a trail of wind-burnt leaves because it stayed in one place (before new fan). The canopy fans oscillate and don't cause any problems, except some little marks where leaves rub together.

I've read where these plants are reactive to wind, as usually the wind-side plants are more prone to pollination. I know the wind helps keep bugs off the plant and helps prevent powdery mildew. It also helps build stronger stems in veg.

I LOVE the @VIVOSUN fans I have now. Not only do all of the fans oscillate, they are also in 'Natural Wind' mode. This means the speed goes up and down to simulate natural wind, rather than staying a static speed. With both of these, I feel very comfortable having the fans blow directly on the plants without stressing them.

That said, I'd love to hear some other opinions about this. Anyone else point their fans directly on their plants?

Hey LK.. I was looking over your setup and notice your fan seems to be blowing directly on to your plants. Conventional wisdom as I’ve read it holds that fans shouldn’t be directly on the plants.

However, recently I’ve begun to question this logic, especially deep into flower where there are lots of buds and strong stems. Currently I run 3 fans, covering below, and above the plants. I’m not satisfied with the amount of air flowing through my plants and their buds though and feel like even just a 6 inch clip on fan blowing through the plants would be better than nothing.

What is your and anyone else’s opinion on this?
Lots of times a plant will be thick in the middle and have wet leaves where they touch. That's when I set up a low fan and let it rip. Sometimes two depending on the grow, other times it's ok to let it go without but seldom because i veg 65 days and up and they're pretty big.

Lots of times a plant will be thick in the middle and have wet leaves where they touch. That's when I set up a low fan and let it rip. Sometimes two depending on the grow, other times it's ok to let it go without but seldom because i veg 65 days and up and they're pretty big.
I get this a lot in my RDWC tent. That's why I defoliate and that's why I've been putting up with the windburn from the floor fan. Otherwise, all the leaves in the middle are wet to the touch.

Back
Top Bottom