New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB LED

Re: New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB

Thanks for the invite - subbed.

Now a question - whats the advantage using one lens on several LEDs (COB) vs 1 lens on each LED??

Also I checked the website and didn't see pricing for this one or maybe I missed it??

Cheers

A COB or Chips On Board LED has the advantage of having a a full spectrum light originating from 1 illumination source providing very even coverage, the angle of the lens determines the focal range, coverage and effective flowering distance from the Twilight Groups LED Spider COB LED grow light.

Re: New City Grower 3.0 - Sponsored by Twilight Group Co. - Featuring the Spider9 COB

Thx for the invite too, subbed

Now a question - whats the advantage using one lens on several LEDs (COB) vs 1 lens on each LED??
A COB or Chips On Board LED has the advantage of having a a full spectrum light originating from 1 illumination source providing very even coverage, the angle of the lens determines the focal range, coverage and effective flowering distanced from the Twilight Groups LED Spider COB LED grow light.

Also I checked the website and didn't see pricing for this one or maybe I missed it??

Cheers
bob I believe the reason you don't find any prices is that they are just now in the testing stage... King tested the Spider4 and Broke Ass is testing the Spider9 and there is also going to be a testing of the Spider16... I also think a couple of other folks on 420 are doing test lights also... they will make sure they get any bugs out first and make any corrections that may be suggested to make it perform even better..... didn't mean to speak for Broke Ass but I think I got this one right..:yahoo:.....:circle-of-love:

Spot on with both answers. Thanxx for the help John & Fifi.

:ciao: Dennise, it's lovely to be back :high-five:
& it's even lovelier to have you back AG.

Today I watered both, SPIDER GIRL I and SPIDER GIRL II.

1/2 gallon of tap water
1 tablespoon of BOTANICARE Cal/Mag plus

(adjusted to 6.5 PH)

SPIDER GIRL I
(Unknown Strain) Day 51 / day 7 under 12/12

She'll receive Fox Farm Big Bloom every 3rd feeding but Cal/Mag every feeding since plants under LEDs require an abundance of Calcium and Magnesium.

IMG_00004441.jpg

SPIDER GIRL II (Unknown Strain) Day 98 / Day 4 under 12/12

She'll only be feed Cal/Mag through out this grow.

IMG_00004446.jpg

I removed the last two fan leafs.

IMG_00004449.jpg

The reason I've been doing this with her is because of a Leaf Hopper infestation I had in the Veg Tent. Norcaliwood had advised me that they don't pose any real threat but nonetheless at that time I sprayed all the plants in veg with Neem Oil. It eradicated the Leaf Hopper problem but since then I've read that Neem Oil can make it hard for a leaf to breath.
Eventually a large number of the larger fan leaves slowly die away due to suffocation. If you look at the leaf I clipped you'll see one of the first signs of suffocation; The white flaky looking spots that appear similar to dried up hair gel but doesn't rub off.

Lesson learned from that experience:
Use Neem Oil on your medium only and something else on the foliage.

IMG_00004454.jpg

IMG_00004459.jpg

IMG_00004463.jpg

Also one more detail of this set up I forgot to mention.

Tent Size:
3ft X 1ft 8in X 5ft

That is one very intense light BAR. Happy Tokerday :Namaste:

Hey BAR

Are you sure about that diagnosis? I get the same sort of spots on my leaves, but I don't use Neem oil. I only see them on my veg plants/clones, so I've always attributed them to hard water deposits. The only thing I spray on my plants is water, and the only time is during cloning. I would see the exact same type of thing you are showing in that picture. For me, the marks always seemed to appear during cloning and then stop, ie only older leaves show the symptom. I suppose it could be some sort of deficiency since cloning, by it's nature, is going to cause deficiencies since there are no roots yet. :blalol:

I'll admit though that I do still pull one off occasionally and take a look under the magnifier. I've never found any indication it was pest related. My conclusion is that they are/were benign and try to ignore them as much as possible. :rofl:

I know exactly what you're talking about Hiker. I've seen something similar on some of our clones but it looks more like a different variation. This is something that appears to be from where the Neem Oil dried on the larger fan leaves, not from the pest or deficiencies. I came to this conclusion when all the plants in veg showed the exact same symptoms after spraying with Neem Oil and reading how it clogs pores on foliage.

Thanks BAR, thanks so much for your update and testing for Spider9 COB LED Grow Light! :thanks::thanks:

And we appreciate everyone who care about SPIDER COB LED Grow Light and TWILIGHT Company! :circle-of-love:

I also get similar spot's on my girl's.I do spray them with sns 209,probably once a week.
Im wondering if it and most all spray's do cause breathing problem's.lol
I would imagine a very dirty or dusty grow area would cause the same problem's or spot's I should say.
I have been meaning to try the sns311 plant wash,but have not had time to add it to my grow regime.
I think it would really do wonder if it works,like it says it does.:thumb:
SNS-Natural Fertilizers, Pesticides, Weed Killer & Nutrients

I've definitely had clogged leaves from neem oil too Reg. It smothers both ways haha, mites and leaves alike. I bet you can rinse away some of the neem oil from the leaves and help them out a bit though, like with a squirt bottle and maybe a paper towel or something. :Namaste: I mostly use neem oil outdoors since its usually safe to bet there will be rain after my spray but sometime before harvest haha. Indoors I mostly use it to line my plant pots and stems as a preventative measure and sometimes on the media if I see lots of gnats. :love:

I also get similar spot's on my girl's.I do spray them with sns 209,probably once a week.
Im wondering if it and most all spray's do cause breathing problem's.lol
I would imagine a very dirty or dusty grow area would cause the same problem's or spot's I should say.
I have been meaning to try the sns311 plant wash,but have not had time to add it to my grow regime.
I think it would really do wonder if it works,like it says it does.:thumb:
SNS-Natural Fertilizers, Pesticides, Weed Killer & Nutrients

I've chosen to just wash them during harvest. Sorta like washing the veggies when you cook. :thumb:

To tell the truth I never had this problem when using this home remedy for gnats. I spray it on the foliage, medium, and even buds in bloom.

Broke Azz Gnat Spray:
One quart h2o (I use tap), One cap of Hydrogen Peroxide, & a small drop of liquid Dish detergent > put in a spray bottle.

But since these were leaf hoppers, not gnats and I was out of Hydrogen Peroxide at the time I decided to try the Neem Oil.

Indoors I mostly use it to line my plant pots as a preventative measure. :love:
Good idea SoulGirl, I think I'll start doing that as well.

Back
Top Bottom