Newbie Fighting His Way Through His 2000 Watt Grow

You know what though. I've been running the exhaust fan full blast for the last week or so and I'm going to keep it that way due to the risk mold and we have a heat wave coming our way too! 107 by this Saturday!!

Not a lot u can do about an 107 shit that's hot will u pack ur room with ice paks or just see it out with ur fans?

Well, I run my lights at night so the temps won't be very bad (60-70degrees). With the lights off during the day and the fan running full blast plus two fans inside the room blowing the air around, I think it'll be okay. Its a concrete floor so that'll keep the temps down a little and its a room inside of a much larger room so that will get the air cooled a bit before it makes its way into there. The exhaust fan is a big old 10 inch fan sucking something around 1000 cfm. So it'll keeps things from getting out of control. If shit starts not looking good, I'll pull the plug and harvest. Those temps are supposed to hit this weekend. This weekend will be my 8 week mark for flower, so... I think I'm okay either way but I would like to give them another week if possible.

I'll snap plenty of shots to post. I was just looking at them last night and I turnes to my lady and said, "we've got a lot of work in here for just the two of us". She just nodded her head and starred blankly at them. It was really funny, but I guess you had to be there.
I'm really stoaked about harvesting though!!! Its going to be exciting learning how well we faired on this grow. Gives us an idea of what we are capable of for our next run. I had one of the more experienced growers in here say that they predicted around 1500 grams on this grow. I'm not one to argue but that like 3+/- pounds!! I don't think so but I'll say this, these are the most dense buds I have EVER grown. Outdoor just doesn't get like these this gsm man. I'm hella excited to get a taste of it too!! I've been really patient, no "samples" or nothing!
The plan is to harvest in about 12 days but with heat wave coming, we'll see.

Wow your ladies are looking fantastic!:goodjob:

I feel ya on the heat its been in the mid 90's where I am. I think 1500 grams is a good guess, And mad props for not taking a sample thats a hard thing to do....
Also I was curious do you check your ladies with a microscope?

theres bound to be sugar leave trimmings flying everywhere thats gonna be a fun trim job wish I could help ya but its a little to far of a ride to the triangle for me at about 1600 miles i think ill wait on mine and just a wild shot in the dark id say ull get roughly a lb every 5 maybe six plants they look good to from here anyways but its hard to judge in pictures

Wow your ladies are looking fantastic!:goodjob:

I feel ya on the heat its been in the mid 90's where I am. I think 1500 grams is a good guess, And mad props for not taking a sample thats a hard thing to do....
Also I was curious do you check your ladies with a microscope?
I just got my microscope today! I checked them and most of them are clear but some are cloudy. It'll be a little bit before they're ready. I'm hoping to see half amber soon but it'll gain some weight in the mean time.

theres bound to be sugar leave trimmings flying everywhere thats gonna be a fun trim job wish I could help ya but its a little to far of a ride to the triangle for me at about 1600 miles i think ill wait on mine and just a wild shot in the dark id say ull get roughly a lb every 5 maybe six plants they look good to from here anyways but its hard to judge in pictures
Yes, I think the pics are deceiving. I mean don't get me wrong, they're nice and I'm proud of what I got!

I meant to tell you CND, and Wiz as well, that I think part of why my grow has gone well (not counting all the crap in the beginning) is because I didn't over feed. I was feeding around 350-450 ppm until late flowering. Then I went up to like 550-650 and my last feeding (and the plants last feeding forever) was a solid 850 and that took me a while to be okay with it. I'm not sure why I'm writing this other than to give my opinion on Why my grow went well. I know now that I'm all but he free and my harvest is bound to be descent. I asked myself why that was. Why was this grow any better than the next newbie's grow? What did I do (accident of course) that helped out this operation along the way? I have a few theories about it and number one is LITE ON THE NUTES. Another is defoiliation and having done it since the beginning. And the last that I feel made an impact on this grow is the strain. This is one of the most resilient strains I've ever heard of!! Any other strain may have fallen after the first or definately the second transplant from one medium to the other. This strain also branches well and that helped to keep the canopy from getting out of control with height differences.
At this point I'm going to water these girls 2-3 more times and them they're going down! So, I'm signing off until harvest time unless there's some sort of emergency.

Thanks a lot Shottafire! That means a lot coming from veteran growers like yourself. Seriously, thank you.

Thanks for the props and reps 2js! I really appreciate it a lot. I keep tellingy lady that this is a pretty good first run but she doesn't really understand how well it has gone in comparison to how shitty it could have gone.
The rule is, "keep your mouth shut". But I'll tell you I have a couple individuals that I would love to taunt with this grow! Acting like I can't grow herb because I ain't hugging trees and wearing patchouli oil. Don't get me wrong, be who you want to be but don't judge me because I ain't like you. I think that's the GREATEST thing about the weed, it allows all sorts of folks to sit together, get high and forget what makes you different from the next dude, and just have some laughs.
I'm going to post some pics just before harvest as I believe the pics are looking more and more similar and hard to tell any difference from the last one. Thanks again dooder!

Back
Top Bottom