Northern Lights X Big Bud Hempy Clone Grow

Lol I heard about that that was crazy. dude basically hacked his arm off and just couldnt finish at least they got him out eh?

But Im good just had to bust ass to get the check in. going away for the weekend need to be able to sleep while Im away. But I got paid and have a new project to start when I get back.

Thanks guys!

I was poking around looking at my girl in the cab and Ive noticed the last week that a few pistils were dieing due to being with seed. I thought it could have been residual pollen from last grow I had just vacuumed the room week before. But this morning Im starting to see the nanners pop. Not a huge amount but enough here and there.

Its not completely unexpected every fem from these seeds has hermied in one way or another. I just thought maybe I was to blame but this time around I can say shes had little to no stress. The cabinet doesnt get 5 degrees above ambient and when its real hot the room is AC'ed. Not root stress with regular feedings in hempy. Only a tiny bit of tip burn no real nute burn. shes had a slight N deff going on for last couple weeks nothing major or unexpected at this stage.

I removed the fan to minimize the spread of pollen and am taking a more hands off approach this time I dont wanna be the bee that pollinates whole plant looking for and removing nanners... so we'll see how it goes. But after this Im done with this strain. clones will get tossed. The indoor might just shut down for a while as I have no indica genetics too grow in there and I think a sativa will fair poorly in such a small place.

At least I got the outdoor girls eh? I did see some grey mold on the new shoots of the big girl but with the drop in humidity and a few topped tips its died/been removed. I will pick up some fungicide very soon as humidity will likely rise again.

Ok so Im off to work now I will get pics of the girl in the cab when I get a chance(probly monday at best).

Wow ok its a little over-due but heres an update The Clone in the cabinet is doing good still growing more nanners though I might end up tossing it all if it like the last stuff but Ill give it another 2 weeks.

were are at the 6th Week

100_1568_Large_.JPG
100_1569_Large_.JPG
100_1570_Large_.JPG

OK so for the good news.

The outdoors plants were sprayed today with neem and I put some more slug killer down.
Also fed all three today they have all blown up since I last saw them less than a week ago.
I figured they might be hungry again so I gave them some dry mix nutes Ive got there old but work good.
The oldest is about five foot tall now with plenty O veg time left its gonna be a monster :morenutes::lot-o-toke::wood:
100_1574_Large_.JPG
100_1577_Large_.JPG

The two sleeskunks are growing very fast as well couple of little christmas trees Im expecting some ridiculous growth by next check up. the little mini me that came out of the same shell as one of the sleeskunks has sadly passed away. She was really too little to be out by her self and the heat wave did her in but it was a longshot anyway.
So with out ado ...
100_1579_Large_.JPG
100_1578_Large_.JPG
100_1580_Large_.JPG

Last one has a 3Gal. bucket for reference.

Oh almost forgot I can tell one sleeskunk is fem the other I cant tell yet but should know with certainty by next weeks check-up.

Awesome my friend. Your gonna have good Christmas with those Christmas trees.:cheer: Well actually before Xmas!:bravo:

Thanks OMM! Yah they blew me away with how well they are doing hopefully it makes up for all the indoor shenanigans... But seriously Im counting on these outdoor guys to carry me through the winter and maybe my cousin as well.

I have been working like a dog lately and its been so hot I basically dont have the energy to post during the week and most of the weekends but dont worry guys I wont completely desert this journal even if I kill the clone lol. I do get to lurk occasionally though.
So whats the deal with neem I used it for they grey mold I was getting, but what about when they start flowering? the directions and description on bottle are fairly limited.

Hellloooo, I guess your soil out there is pretty good. The plants are looking very good. I don't know about Neem. I just got in today from out of town and am bushed, I'll be around soon enough. Great job and take care:goodjob:

Thanks for droppin in brotha I was just wondering where you been, and here you are lol.

Yah the soils ok Ive added some potting soil and some real rick soil I got from a jobsite close by and some perlite to the sleeskunks but the bagseed plant is mostly site soil. I have fed it about 3 times though it actually looked a little deff on mag last time I checked so I might give it some epsoms salt.

Oh and the neem really knocked the mold back a step but it looks like it needs a reapplication this strain seems to have little resistance to the mold.

Oh I came accros this the other day anyone seen this yet not sure how new it is but behold liquid spray on glass.

The liquid glass spray (technically termed “SiO2 ultra-thin layering”) consists of almost pure silicon dioxide (silica, the normal compound in glass) extracted from quartz sand. Water or ethanol is added, depending on the type of surface to be coated. There are no additives, and the nano-scale glass coating bonds to the surface because of the quantum forces involved. According to the manufacturers, liquid glass has a long-lasting antibacterial effect because microbes landing on the surface cannot divide or replicate easily.

Liquid glass was invented in Turkey and the patent is held by Nanopool, a family-owned German company. Research on the product was carried out at the Saarbrücken Institute for New Materials. Nanopool is already in negotiations in the UK with a number of companies and with the National Health Service, with a view to its widespread adoption.

The liquid glass spray produces a water-resistant coating only around 100 nanometers (15-30 molecules) thick. On this nanoscale the glass is highly flexible and breathable. The coating is environmentally harmless and non-toxic, and easy to clean using only water or a simple wipe with a damp cloth. It repels bacteria, water and dirt, and resists heat, UV light and even acids. UK project manager with Nanopool, Neil McClelland, said soon almost every product you purchase will be coated with liquid glass.

Ok maybe Im the only one that thinks its cool but its flexible and breathable so it can be sprayed on plants and things like mold or blights cant take root there(pun intended)

Thanks for droppin in brotha I was just wondering where you been, and here you are lol.

Yah the soils ok Ive added some potting soil and some real rick soil I got from a jobsite close by and some perlite to the sleeskunks but the bagseed plant is mostly site soil. I have fed it about 3 times though it actually looked a little deff on mag last time I checked so I might give it some epsoms salt.

Oh and the neem really knocked the mold back a step but it looks like it needs a reapplication this strain seems to have little resistance to the mold.

I'm sorry you had to screw with the mold issue, you know how it is out there with all that summer humidity..I'm kinda scared about putting these two girls out doors now. But they will have to fend for themselves out there.

The spray on glass sounds a little scary... I heard about people smoking some contaminated herb that was intentionally loaded with glass or fiber glass. Hurts just to think about it. But like you stated it's a very low amount on the leaves, I wouldn't mind using it on some outdoor plants (flowers) to see how it holds up in the problem corners of our yard.

Thanks for the info on that product, always something to be learned here! :goodluck: and Thanks again.

I'm sorry you had to screw with the mold issue, you know how it is out there with all that summer humidity..I'm kinda scared about putting these two girls out doors now. But they will have to fend for themselves out there.

The spray on glass sounds a little scary... I heard about people smoking some contaminated herb that was intentionally loaded with glass or fiber glass. Hurts just to think about it. But like you stated it's a very low amount on the leaves, I wouldn't mind using it on some outdoor plants (flowers) to see how it holds up in the problem corners of our yard.

Thanks for the info on that product, always something to be learned here! :goodluck: and Thanks again.

Yah its like anything we spray on the plants though you wouldnt want to spray on mature buds Id think. Just like neem but it would work better and wouldnt wash off.
The price is projected to be about $8 dirt cheap (pun intended) ;)

The humidity has been insane this year eh? I mean its usually humid but usually we get a break once in a while... hell I got mold growing on me arse its been so humid.

wow,, those are looking very nice indeed... gonna be a great harvest,, and winter for you,, for sure :hookah:

I hope so but Im not gonna get too excited yet theres alot of ground to cover and no bird in hand yet, So I will remain cautiously optimistic.

Ok I wanted to give a bit of an update.

I chopped the clone its been about 9 weeks its heavy bout 10 oz wet poorly manicured bud, but its not smokable due to all the immature seeds. I will try to extract the thc with butane or some other nonpolar solvent.

But on a happy note the outdoor plants are doing good especially the sleeskunk the bag seed has an issue with grey mold it seems to have no resistance so I will be extra aggressive in trying to stamp it out and just hope for the best when it starts to bud. I pray we have a dry fall lol.

Im also keepin an eye on the sleeskunk to see how tall they want to be. Could be a contender for the cabinet this winter.

Or Another option is that Attitude is having their monthly give away starting august sixth. so I was going to pick up a pack of Greenhouse L.$.D. seeds get the 2 free ufo and the 3 free giveaway seeds.

So I would pay for 5 fem seeds and get 10 femed seeds shweet...

I know its been quiet in here but its only because Im having my best summer in about 5 years plenty of work with just enough play lol. Ive made more so far this year than I could have at my old parttime job last year all year. Im probly still going to pick up a parttime job as well when semester starts though because with tuition Im still in the red...
But I just wanted to say feel free to post even if its quiet sometimes I need a kick to update things...

Anyways Keep it green friends and Ill try to get some pics of the plants soon. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom